>100+ years of ICE r&d. >still cant get more than 40% thermal efficiency

>100+ years of ICE r&d
>still cant get more than 40% thermal efficiency
>meanwhile EVs get over 80% efficiency

I didnt want to accept it, but its true, ICEs are dinosaur technology and need to go

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

No one cares about homosexual efficiency.

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Pop a wheelie!

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

EVs get over 80% efficiency
    People always forget about the coal that got burned to make the power to change the battery and that's not including the production of the battery.
    Whatever, I'm curious how thermally efficient you think you are?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I'm also curious how battery life REALLY is in cold climates when you don't have waste heat from combustion to keep you from dying.

I personally welcome advancements in EV technology and they will lead to a better future.
      But we're not there yet and the environmental i.pacts are devastating compared to oil.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Considering there were a number of people this last winter whose EV's wouldn't even work due to the cold, I would say not good.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>I personally welcome advancements in EV technology and they will lead to a better future
        Post a picture of you and your boyfriend

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Gasoline production isnt emissions free either. Also not all electricity comes from burning coal, and theres a lot of room for improving to solar wind and nuclear energy production, while theres nothing much else to do to make gasoline production cleaner.

In the end EVs are still more efficient and cleaner than ICEs

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I've invested heavily in solid state battery stocks and have no issue with the idea of an electric car. They just suck is all. Some people want to have the freedom to jump in without notice and drive 400 miles at any random time. Some people want to drive in cold weather.

As for the green energy. There isn't enough copper. Wind turbines kill off local bat populations, which is really bad and nuclear is probably the cleanest best choice but lol, pick your disaster.

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

Show me an SSR reactor that is even capable of meltdown.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Evs already failed a century ago and will fail again because it's just a scheme.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

>and theres a lot of room for improving to solar wind and nuclear energy production
        Yeah if the NRC could hop off every plant's dick we would be in the golden age of energy. How the frick we only had 2 nuclear accidents in the states, SL-1 and Three Mile Island, which barely exposed the general population to an appreciable level of radiation and we still can't trust operators to keep a steady state boiler running at 100%. I'm not saying we've mastered it, but we're pretty fricking close.

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

>wind power
        ecological disaster
        >solar farm
        ecological disaster

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

>People always forget about the coal that got burned to make the power to change the battery
      Civilized countries with the ability to do so are moving away from that quite fast.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

65% of energy on the grid was coal or natural gas. Thats for the whole grid, But In Detroit for example, it's in the 95% coal. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfC_-Ub9lRM&pp=ygUcR20gbGF1bmNoZXMgcHJlc3MgY2hldnkgdm9sdA%3D%3D

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

Thought we were talking about civilized places.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

Zombies aside, it all boils down to "Where do you prefer the exhaust Pipe"

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Actually, coal burning is at an all time high, whiteboi. Just ask yo momma

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

Where, like Germany? The nation that tore down the black forest to dig up the filthiest, least useful coal available?

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

If that fricking 2008 crash hadn't happened, we would have funky ICEs. A lot of auto companies were researching various tweaks to the ol' suck-squeeze-bang-spin, but they got dumped post-2009, due to cost cutting.

>Doitsuranddo
          A great example of moronation and industrial lobbying.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Car engines are peepee poopoo levels of efficiency compared to powerplant scale turbines. Coal plants are way more efficient that a car engine and electrical distribution is way more efficient than fuel distribution. It's far better to charge EVs on modern coal plants than to drive an ICE car if we're talking pollution and energy efficiency.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>100+ years of battery r&d
    >still can't go more than 200 miles on a charge
    >meanwhile my 20 year old shitboxes get 3x that

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

are dinosaurs not cool?

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Just think how far we'll go with another 100 years of r&d, hell we may be able to go 200 miles!

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

100 miles
      at 3 mph

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>get on federal funded highway
    >congested as frick
    >fast slow fast slow
    >wavy fricking hills
    >up down up down
    >not a single mile of straight road in the east coast
    >all the energy wasted by everyone fighting inertia driving around a straight line

imagine how much decent infrastructure could save instead of making it a consumer problem with terrible products

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

yeah becuase you ignored the
    >Fossil fuel power generation losses
    >Transformer and power line losses
    >Battery charging inefficiency
    >Battery discharging inefficiency
    And then you go and say "But muuuh electric motor has 99.9999% efficiency!!!"
    Meanwhile, normal cars just get filled up directly with dino juice and the 40% efficiency you see is what you really get. Normal cars efficiency is why they have longer range than battery cars.
    Battery car shills are such homosexuals lol

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Do you try to be stupid, or does it come naturally?
      Power plants, even if you factor in transmission loss, are massively more efficient than gas engines, it's not even close. Even coal plants.
      You're also not getting anywhere near 40% in a gas car unless you're obnoxiously hypermiling some Atkins cycle shitbox prius.
      Hooning a Tesla charged on coal is more energy efficient than grandma driving a Prius. Sorry.

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Thermal efficiency only matters for HVAC systems. Most electric motors sold don't have temperature control so they need fuses just so the motor don't break in nominal operation. Thermal efficiency also allows outside temperature to influence the component. The thermal efficiency of the electric motor itself, is it's temperature control function because whoever made them are too cheap to actually include temperature control. A CPU has better temperature control than an electric motor, and an electric motor will use more watts than a CPU. A 6000 watt peak AC inverter will only allow around 4000 peak watts limited to the fuses because two little air electric fans without cross flow are not enough to cool it down from there, but that is because after 3000 watts nominal will start to overheat if the fans theoretically stop spinning.

Thermal efficiency is a bean counter lobbyist buzzword trying to remove the use of combustible engines under "emissions standards". Thermal efficiency does nothing for power output of both power generators. there are temperature sensors all over new cars for the computer to adjust fuel injection. But all of that thermal efficiency don't matter when the engine bay is already covered with molded plastic all over from all sides.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Dude thermal combustion efficiency is a measure of how much energy is able to be used for effective mechanical work, it's the ratio of the heat produced by combustion able to do mechanical work versus the heat simply wasted unused. Your entire spew is well meaning but completely wrong. Read some fricking books.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

>thermal combustion efficiency
        That's completely different and electric power has no use for it.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/rExhfzz.jpeg

Thermal efficiency only matters for HVAC systems. Most electric motors sold don't have temperature control so they need fuses just so the motor don't break in nominal operation. Thermal efficiency also allows outside temperature to influence the component. The thermal efficiency of the electric motor itself, is it's temperature control function because whoever made them are too cheap to actually include temperature control. A CPU has better temperature control than an electric motor, and an electric motor will use more watts than a CPU. A 6000 watt peak AC inverter will only allow around 4000 peak watts limited to the fuses because two little air electric fans without cross flow are not enough to cool it down from there, but that is because after 3000 watts nominal will start to overheat if the fans theoretically stop spinning.

Thermal efficiency is a bean counter lobbyist buzzword trying to remove the use of combustible engines under "emissions standards". Thermal efficiency does nothing for power output of both power generators. there are temperature sensors all over new cars for the computer to adjust fuel injection. But all of that thermal efficiency don't matter when the engine bay is already covered with molded plastic all over from all sides.

You say that, but when a 120w Intel CPU is capable of catching on fire and melting its cooler, or the 400w Nvidia CPU do the same... it does matter.

The key difference is that a lot of electronics are in the 90-99%+ area
          But the statement is
          >Thermal efficiency only matters for HVAC systems
          That kind of thinking is why the Tesla keep taking Nurnberg records, and the competition has to implement a lot of janky shit in their production cars to keep up.
          Thermal efficiency for regen matters a lot As do cumulative overheating from dumping 800 horsepower to the wheels
          Its the same reason you want a Euro 4 1,9 TDI whatever from VAG or whoever. Completely fricking insane mileage, super reliable, and no funny Ad Blue or a fricking particle filter that clogs within a few months of non industrial use. Its almost as if Thermal Effectivity is a good benchmark of HOW GOOD a engine setup is, even more so when you go from fuel to wheels.

Its almost the same kind of moron argument that made "sense" in a way where you got a lot of extremely shitty moped cars like the SMART, twike, citycar or PIVCO.
          What is even more funny is that a fricking Tesla Model 3 Highlander is going to use LESS POWER than those fricking moped shitboxes, at fricking highway speed. A actual fricking family sized sedan that can almost outrace anything that isn't a supercar.... is more effective than a fricking moped shoebox.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

No it's really just different words for the same thing.

Thermal combustion efficiency:
          >engine wastes 60% of the fuel it burns as heat
          Electric efficiency:
          >motor wastes 20% of the watts consumed as heat

It's the same thing.

https://i.imgur.com/N8JToMY.jpeg

[...]
          You say that, but when a 120w Intel CPU is capable of catching on fire and melting its cooler, or the 400w Nvidia CPU do the same... it does matter.

The key difference is that a lot of electronics are in the 90-99%+ area
          But the statement is
          >Thermal efficiency only matters for HVAC systems
          That kind of thinking is why the Tesla keep taking Nurnberg records, and the competition has to implement a lot of janky shit in their production cars to keep up.
          Thermal efficiency for regen matters a lot As do cumulative overheating from dumping 800 horsepower to the wheels
          Its the same reason you want a Euro 4 1,9 TDI whatever from VAG or whoever. Completely fricking insane mileage, super reliable, and no funny Ad Blue or a fricking particle filter that clogs within a few months of non industrial use. Its almost as if Thermal Effectivity is a good benchmark of HOW GOOD a engine setup is, even more so when you go from fuel to wheels.

Its almost the same kind of moron argument that made "sense" in a way where you got a lot of extremely shitty moped cars like the SMART, twike, citycar or PIVCO.
          What is even more funny is that a fricking Tesla Model 3 Highlander is going to use LESS POWER than those fricking moped shitboxes, at fricking highway speed. A actual fricking family sized sedan that can almost outrace anything that isn't a supercar.... is more effective than a fricking moped shoebox.

Your entire post is meaningless jibbering.
          Useless monkey noises.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

>Electric efficiency:
            >motor wastes 20% of the watts consumed as heat

Now, unless of course electric motors just magically power themselves, how much energy does the battery turn into heat?
            The charger that charges the battery?
            The speed controller that discharges the battery?

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

>meaningless jibbering
            Nice rebuttal homosexual.
            Go back to driving a shitty SUV, and then LARP bout going offroad with it.

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

There was a thread yesterday panicking about 3 consecutive ICE wins against EVs threads because they might be shills, yet this thread is just wholesome and totally legit coming to a car enthusiast board complaining about car engines.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>yet this thread is just wholesome and totally legit
      No, it's another EV cope over ICE thread.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

>Thread calls out low effort copy paste troll threads spamming about “EVs bad”.
      >Jannie deletes thread
      >Troll threads then change their tune to low effort “EVs good”.
      It really is a mystery.

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

But it's gay though. The most amount of gay I'll tolerate is a PHEV, because I can't rely on electric infrastructure when the US is busy turning into South Africa.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Hybrids are far worse than both ICE and full EVs. If you're buying a car with 2 drivetrains for the price of a car with one, you know there was serious cost cutting involved. Most of them will develop a failure, usually related to batteries or electric drives within the first 40-50k km that will cost thousands to fix.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>If you're buying a car with 2 drivetrains
        Hybrid is a single drivetrain.

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Should you EVgays really be talking efficiency when a 4500lb electric econobox can't even go 200 miles on a charge?

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>100+ years of battery r&d
    >still can't make one that charges in reasonable time and does not go bad less than 100 000 mi

14. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

elon muskrat does not want acknowledge this is the superior method

>convert nuclear energy to electricity
    >convert water by electricity to hydrogen
    >refuel hydrogen as fast as ICE fuel
    >convert hydrogen back to electricity
    >enjoy great torque and efficiency of electric motor
    >fuel cell costs way less than EV battery and is less error prone

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

> hydrogen
      You are insane.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Hello elon

>t. lives in a parasite state that needs all it's water and electricity shipped in

Not

>Hydrogen requires a battery pack.
        It's Jover.

Its like the hybrid battery. Small and affordable.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>t. lives in a parasite state that needs all it's water and electricity shipped in

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>Hydrogen requires a battery pack.
      It's Jover.

15. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

EVs get 100% owner homosexuality

16. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

i build EV batteries for GM. ask me your questions
    a tl;dr version is the technology isnt here yet, but (surprisingly) GM is the better option on the market (its LG tech) vs tesla and ford for longevity and backyard frickery to fix them down the road

tl;dr
    GM/LG use flat batterys (like in a cell phone or modern laptop) vs tesla and ford using cylindrical (ie a bunch of beer can AA style take lithium and wrap it around). cant say too much because I did sign a DND contact, but to me. GM/LG is the best option until they develop a better method

tl;drx2
    korean contractors are engineering all of this shit. buy a diesel, delete the EPA shit and hold onto it

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Weren't LG batteries notorious for spontaneous combustion?

https://i.imgur.com/J77Z1r5.png

Yes, but you are still adding an another motor and another energy storage system other than your fuel tank.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

The first vehicle to have a hybrid powertrain is a submarine. You don't see a submarine needing two drivetrains to spin the only shaftline propeller of the boat.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/J77Z1r5.png

>ummm ackschually
          Look homosexuals, point being is that things go wrong with hybrids because they cheap out on the electric side of things. It happens early, often and it gets expensive as frick to repair.

17. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>Muh efficiency
    Useless when you consider energy density, cars are moving, no stationary.

18. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

is a blazing inferno considered thermally efficient?

19. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>EVs get over 80% efficiency

I'm pretty sure you lose something like 20% efficiency just charging a battery, not to mention all the other times the energy is converted before it reaches your battery.

20. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

The power density of diesel curb stomps batterys

21. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

post wound EV troony

22. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Ill buy electric when if it isnt some pozzed always online locked down crap black box.

Rather convert my own car.

23. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

I’ve got one word for you: magnets

24. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

80% of efficiency means nothing if your batteries still have dogshit energy density.

25. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Electric motors shit all over gas, but gasoline is way better than batteries will ever be unless interstellar aliens show up and teach us some shit

26. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

But with an ICE, the entire atmosphere is 90%+ of what you need for combustion, and you carry a little bit of extra fluid with great density that ignites the compressed atmosphere air.
    On an EV, you need to carry with you ALL the energy for the motors.

27. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>still cant get more than 40% thermal efficiency
    Toyota already did this gay.

28. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I just want a turbine powered car

29. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Hold on, weren't diesel engines up to 80% thermal efficiency, that's why they don't really like winters that much as they can't really produce enough heat to reach peak operating temperature fast enough

30. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Efficiency is overrated. EVs battery charging should be banned from common/public electric grids. Every EV owner should be forced to install solar panels, windmills at their homes or their backyards. Alternatively purchase their own electric generator for charging their EV batteries.

31. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

guyz guyz guyz let's get to the heart of the matter. These EV cucks need YOU to validate their idiotic purchasing decisions.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *