1969 Chevy C20

Are these guaranteed to just get more valuable at some point even in shitty condition?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

submerge it in liquid nitrogen for 60 years and sell it to someone who 100 percented New Vegas

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes. my question is how hard are vintage trucks like this to work on? im a soft-handed wrenchlet

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>how hard are vintage trucks like this to work on?

Pretty simple. By 69 you aren't going to be dealing with anything really antiquated and its a very straightforward design.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mechanically they’re easy, but the body work is hard as they are usually 50% rust

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes but stop the rust thoroughly. They're extremely simple. Best engine is the straight six (it's a truck). My bro had a C-30 wrecker with one and towed a school bus I gave him over 150 miles. The engine did not care.

Very simple. Body work isn't hard, people fear to be decisive. Study modern body adhesives because welding is often far inferior. Lord and 3M are two major makers.

Everything about those trucks is known so there is nothing to wonder about down to the last bolt and washer. Copy success, do what works and drive it for another century.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Study modern body adhesives because welding is often far inferior
        Panel bond has a different use case than welding and you can rarely substitute the two. good luck butting patch panels with pb. You don't have to be a good welder to do body work though, because you'll be grinding down every weld.
        >t. body guy

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>even in shitty condition?

If the body is in good condition then yes. If it has rust though then that's going to just keep destroying it.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A friend of mine just passed but he had one. I know he had been through it fixing all the mechanical problems already it just looks like the beat up old work truck that it is. Body damage and terrible interior. Thinking about buying it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

F to your friend

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That Chevy 350 with a straight exhaust sounds great. I would use it to pickup high school boys.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love these old trucks, always have, and wish i had a Jay Leno warehouse full of them.

But, I think they are at their peak right now honestly. By and large, I dont think GenZ or anyone after is going to give a single shit for old cars trucks beyond what they remember growing up with

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can't wait for cool cars to food the market as boomer due off and the younger generation doesn't give a shit about their collectable cars.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They qon't "flood" the market. Moat of the actually good ones will be hung onto by their Xoomer/Millenial kids/grandkids. The others are scrap iron.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You ignore growing population. Other than oddball junk the classic vehicles will always have a market due to there being fewer every year.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>peak

might be, but I think it will last a while. you might be right about gen z but the broadly classic styled truck or utility vehicle was produced in various forms as late as the early 90s. People as young as their mid 30s might harbor direct personal nostalgia for a classic truck. that is to say the southern end of the squarebody /obs enjoyer age spectrum has not hit peak vanity car age yet and will be occupying peak earning years until the mid 2040s. so I think we will still be rolling our eyes at Mecum blazer and bronco sales in 20 years.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I dont think GenZ or anyone after is going to give a single shit for old cars trucks beyond what they remember growing up with
      Third worlders from Mexico and Latin America will keep the values high. Classic trucks are a majority Hispanic hobby as it is now boomers really aren't too into them aside from some select 4x4 models. Most boomers are in their dying years in new diesel pickups.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> Mexicans love old trucks

k5 blazer owner can confirm.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My boss had one but it got stolen

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's not a C20

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They probably will maintain value, nobody wants gay ass 4 cylinder trucks being manufactured this year. Shit I can't even find an old Ford sub 6k

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *