>1999 RAM 1500. >rust for being near saltwater. >90k miles. >friend is offering for 3k

>1999 RAM 1500
>rust for being near saltwater
>90k miles
>friend is offering for 3k

worth?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's so vague dude. Is it a completely rotted rusted hunk of junkyard shit? Post pics of underside.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is the undercarriage from the passenger side

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nice $500 pile of shit

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its rusty; but that's all surface rust so its not a big problem, so the frame looks okay. How about the body panels?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Thats brand new off the lot up norf

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Need to show more. Particularly where that chassis rail turns up to clear the rear axle.

However as far as rust goes, all that is surface and not even that scaley.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's not rust

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Thats oxidation. What is more severe is that it is a gas guzzler and propably has no working AC

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

OP, I...
        That's nothing.
        Literally nothing.
        I'd get on my knees and cry if my car had that kind of rust.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you idiot

• 3 weeks ago
        Bait Rater

9/10

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's a steal bro. You can drive those trucks into tornadoes and be perfectly fine.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No. You want a good $3000 truck buy an OBS or Jellybean Ford

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lmao no. Buy the dodge OP.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Love those failed fricking transmissions and rotten inside and out shit pile 1500 dodges eh

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Kind of like how you ford queers love your death wobbles and engine failures.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tell that homie 1500 or no deal

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Which engine does it have?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. You're leaving out the most important information, OP. If it's a 5.9 Magnum with the NV4500 and it's a 4x4, 3k is a decent price. If it's a 5.2 with the slushbox and 2x4, it's overpriced by 2k. If it has the V6, it's garbage.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>If it's a 5.2 with the slushbox and 2x4

What if it is a 5.2 2wd long bed with the manual? Asking for reference.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's 1k overpriced. The 318 is underappreciated, but it's anaemic stock. You can put 1k into that engine and make it good, but that's still 1k you're out from the word go. Otherwise, the rust is a bigger problem because the truck is compromised and doesn't have a good enough powertrain to warrant the initial cost of investment.

Let me put it to you this way. There's 4k worth of work just off the information that you've given. The frame and body need to be cleaned and rust treated. It's not full blown rot, but you need to hit it with Rust Doctor or something to stop it before it gets that bad. You also have very limited performance because the 318 is absolutely choked and is begging for airflow. Beyond that, it's virtually guaranteed to have electrical issues because of the year model that will likely need diagnostics and replacement harnesses. Front suspension on those trucks are also prone to failure from rust, so you'll likely need a full front end rebuild.

I'm a Mopargay and I love a good second gen, but you need to ask yourself if you're willing to dump 10k into this truck within the first year, because it will not be gentle when it ass ravages you from neglect come winter.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ocean air doesn't rust out vehicles.
    I lived 1 block from the beach for a decade.
    Salted roads destroy vehicles.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

was about to say this
      i've lived all my life in the coast and i havent seen any rusted vehicles in the area

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I had a 99 1500.
    So glad it's gone.

Post the dashboard.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *