20 y/o here. Should I get a Chevy Suburban in this economy or downsize to a smaller vehicle.

20 y/o here. Should I get a Chevy Suburban in this economy or downsize to a smaller vehicle. I need something with a lot of cargo space but don't want to get assraped by gas prices. I found a GMT800 Suburban in blue and really like it, but it probably isn't a smart decision in the long run.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Expect around 12-14mpg

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a minivan if you're not prepared for the low . These actually perform well and haul more stuff

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but they're gay

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You asked, its the alternative. These things are cool but very thirsty

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

who the frick cares, suvs objectively suck for internal capacity unless you're getting a tahoe or expedition for piss cheap, minivans and hd contractor vans are superior for their subjective roles

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>who the frick cares
          I want to get pussy anon

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The GMT 800 isnt a pussy magnet either. If you got game you can rock a minivan. If you lack it, they will look with disgust when you're driving a lifted truck or sports car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I want to get pussy
            >buys a 20 y/o soccer mom car

Yeah, you're going to be a real hit with the GILFs at the local retirement home.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Suburbans are awesome dont listen to that silly billy

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They are awesome, but unless a single mother of 3-6 kids is interested in you, no one cares that you have a suburban

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Good point. The old ladies prefer a minivan cause it can haul all of their frens

>Verification not required

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>who the frick cares
        I want to get pussy anon

are you 12?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Those are entirely valid reasons, anon.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Chrysler minivan
      Hell, may as well tell me to drive a horse carriage

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Ok what about the old mobile minivan?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Minivan is fine.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

In the Suburban, everyone will think you're borrowing granddads ride.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Keyed grandad

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Minivan is a solid option op. But get a good one.
      Chrysler Town and county supposedly pretty good

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Dodge caravan is pretty much the same as the t&c

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Dodge caravan is pretty much the same as the t&c

Odyssey>Sienna>Sedona>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[...]

minivans

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Wagon or minivan is your only option if you plan on caring about gas prices, unless you're going to do the work needed to make a burb not thirsty. My big block burb sees 9-10mpg loaded or uploaded. Conversely, my burb with a built 5.7 sees 16 with the trailer behind it while making more power than most of this board.

>no your Honda miata isn't competing with 630 to the tires and over 700ft/lb

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My 15-year-old ATLAS 2.9L gets mileage comparable to a RAV4, slightly under.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>630 tire gets 16 mpg
      Lelz I fricking doubt it, Black person

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

4.10 gears, 31" rear tire and 6l80E, custom cam, no cats, long tubes, stock intake, terminator EFI and my uncle who tunes our land speed car did the dyno tune for it.

>double Black person

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>4.10 gears, 31" rear tire and 6l80E,

Hmmm the 6l80E isnt known to handle 700 hp or double MPGs over the 4L80e which has similar top gear ratio

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Trans is not stock, completely gone through with dual electric coolers inline with rad, billet converter several billet internals as well. 0.67 vs 0.75, few hundred rpm difference, in tow at 70 it's ~2040rpm. Everything about it was setup for towing.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I got 15 in my 6.8 E350 going 70 on the highway

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a Tahoe or first-gen Colorado.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

gas is almost free in america, i dont understand how you care about gas prices

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

$3.50 a gallon isnt almost free

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It is. For reference, in my country $2 gets you one liter. That's about a quart. One gallon here is about $8.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah but its still 3x more expensive to run a suburban than a Prius. 15 mpg is like 7km/l So poorgays should still not drive suburbans.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i'd rather drive something i like driving instead of saving money

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Americans generally drive so much that it evens out.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just don't make it your daily. i keep a chevy around for pushing broken cars into the garage, hauling broken cars, and transporting dirty and heavy shit like engines and transmissions that i don't want in the back of my car.
    there's no reason to drive a suburban or a silverado to the store unless you're buying a huge piece of equipment or something.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Did these come with rear wheel steering? That's a cool feature.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No. The 3/4 ton trucks had that option, for a few years, but the insane cost and lack of usefulness killed it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

suburbans had quadrasteer option too
        https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/autotrader-find-2003-chevy-suburban-quadrasteer-281474979918867

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Look up quadrasteer. Seems like a neet feature but considering its now a 20 year old GM truck product that was limited production & discontinued pretty quickly, I decided not to get one

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

which is the SUV from the 1990's And 2000's for the man who hates the army, hates soldiers, hates war veterans, hates the air force, hates the navy, hates Jeep, hate hummer and wants an anti-military SUV in everything

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Is it a 1500 or a 2500? The 5.3 1500 with the 4L60e is going to be bad but not as bad as a 2500 with the 6.0 or the 8.1. The 2500's get like 12mpg city. I'm in the market for a 2500 Burb or a Yukon XL but I would be using it for 98% highway travel where the 14mpg is bearable. I would never want to use something like that as a daily driver city vehicle. You would just be pissing money away on fuel.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All around, the Suburban's the way to go, IF you can afford the fuel, for your weekly commute, without straining your budget. If you work fairly close to him and have the room to park that b***h, I'd go for it.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

GMT800 meme is stale now. People need to take a long look at these shitboxes and realize they aren't worthy of the hype. Maybe ten years ago they were worth getting but 99% of them are total shitheaps that have passed through several third world owners by now. They drove terrible when new and after 20 years and 200k miles they drive like garbage. Yeah, if you can get one for a thousand bucks go for it, but you can get GMT900s for under $5k that will last you twice as long and and the driving experience is so much better.
    That being said I loved my old quadrasteer Denali and put a quarter million miles on it before it was too clapped out for my taste. The rear axle never had an issue but it takes special gear oil that is becoming unobtanium. The computer is located behind the spare tire and it gets wrecked by salt and dirt so watch out for that. An 03-04 Sierra Quadrasteer or an 03-05 Suburban/Yukon Quadrasteer are the only gmt800 trucks worth saving. Maybe the Silverado SS but they are the same minus the rear steer axle.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>GMT900
      >Last twice as long
      >AFM

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Only losers buy low trim trucks with AFM motors and that shitty LT dashboard layout. 6.2 trucks didn't get it until the 2014 ecotroony motors came out, but some of the SUVs did. Look for L9H. Name one other issue with the GMT900s that the 800 doesn't have. AFM motors will still do a quarter million miles if you aren't a third worlder and maintain them.

The rear axle of a QS does not require literally any specialty fluid that isn't available right off the shelf. The GM P/N is readily available and any of the Amsoil severe duty gear oils works in them, don't be moronic. And you're obviously out of touch, the 99-06 rigs of any flavor short of a V6 model are extremely desirable in half decent shape.

There is some Schaffers oil that supposedly matches the OEM formula I think it was #293 but a bunch of the other shit like Royal Purple and Amsoil were proven to be insufficient and you can burn up the diff and it will chatter when turning the rear steer. You can still get GM fluid but its $30 a quart and has been discontinued for years so it's old stock. "Don't be moronic" I owned one for nearly a decade. GMT800 trucks are not 'extremely desirable' outside of your internet meme circle. At any time theres two dozen shitboxes on Craigslist for $1000 and they just don't sell anymore around here.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

If the diff is burning up doing basic tasks a front axle does, it's a piece of shit just like the G80 govbombs. And no, they're not a meme. I can't drive my old man's cateye with shit paint without being asked if it's for sale anywhere I go, clean trucks, be it slammed, lifted 4wd or bone stock, sell at an absolute premium. Trucks with 160k miles clean paint and interior sell at $8-12k overnight, as long as it isn't a v6.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's because they all dissolved. They're a rarity on the road these days. I always respect a clean one when I see one.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The rear axle of a QS does not require literally any specialty fluid that isn't available right off the shelf. The GM P/N is readily available and any of the Amsoil severe duty gear oils works in them, don't be moronic. And you're obviously out of touch, the 99-06 rigs of any flavor short of a V6 model are extremely desirable in half decent shape.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a van unless you live in a rural area where you need 4wd to get up your driveway

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Subaru forester or outback.
    I can guarantee you don't need more space than that.
    Like 99.999% guarantee it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

troony vehicles

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Better than a pedo vehicle like being a single 20 year old male driving a suburban

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>this is less of a pedomobile than a suburban
          lmao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah it is.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wrong gen + that looks kinda cool

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wrong gen + that looks awesome

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

gmt400/800 burb on 35s is like a typical teenage bro vehicle. you can argue that it's douchy but you definitely aren't gonna look like a pedo.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah in some flyover dump probably.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wrong. If you actually lived on the coast, you'd know this. Where do you live? A shithole I bet.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just copped this badboy for daily use
    you will be surprised how much shit you can haul in simple sedan or wagon with right packing.
    since mine is also a diesel it costs next to nothing to run too

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i am a troglodyte and forgot to post pcrel

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had a Durango when gas was $4 under Bush and the dollar meant something. You'll be fine I was making $7 an hour.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can get a whole 22 to 24 mpg and fit all sorts of moronic shit inside.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Based battle toaster.
      Comfortably fits an airmatress with the seats flat so you can easily camp/live out of it without even needing a conversion of any sort.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Are they fun to drive at all?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Kind of? They corner better than they should or you would expect but it's hard on the suspension.
        Stock with and auto it will probably be too slow to really push "spirited driving" but manual and especially K24 mods could make one into a drift missile if you wanted.
        It can go on gravel/dirt back roads just fine but really shouldn't ever be used for much more than that in the "offroad" department.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They drive like an accord with horrible ride quality so you feel evert bumb and the seating position of an office chair. They are more capable in the corners than a bof barge like a pickup or suburban but they aren't great.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>horrible ride quality
          Really? With stock suspension wheels and economy tires I thought it was fine and not at all terrible for day long roadtrips on decent roads. I imagine anything resembling a chunky tire would throw that out the window along with any fuel efficiency you could have possibly saved.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I own one and have been on them before I got mine. The rode quality is very rough. Even my forester on chineasium ebay Raceland could overs rides smoother.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why would you get a 12MPG shitmobile when you’re worried about muh economy and muh money?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Because OP desperately wants to LARP as someone he's not, to impress the morons on DA.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yo what SUV do I get if I specifically don't care about gas mileage? Needs to be cheapie bobiepies

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *