2022 Nissan Frontier

Are these any good?
>3.8L V6
>20k miles
Don't care about no AWD since I'm in Texas and will just use it to haul motorcycles.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Are these any good?
    >>3.8L V6
    Too early to tell. Give it a few more years.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

homie arent these engines old af?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>homie arent these engines old af?
        The 4.0 that they stopped using in 2019 is pretty old.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They use the vr engine which has been used in different forms since the r35 debuted. This one is probably more akin to the vr30 design, but regardless nissan has a good grasp on how to make a v6.

Toyota reliability and easy maintenance (compared to competitors) is largely a meme.

As long as toyota doesn't change to new and unproven platforms, they're still dead reliable. The only time I've seen people actually complain is when they have a 2 year old boosted vehicle that they've treated like a v8 4runner. The future looks a bit bleak but as of now, the late model 2gr tacomas hold up just fine like the past 2 decades of tacomas

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

They're VQs with direct injection which they been doing on other models for over 20 years.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes.

These are tried and true Nissan engines with non Renault CVT. The only reliable vehicle in their lineup aside from the manual Sentra.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Everything else on these cars is shit.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It is Nissan's version of the Tacoma. It has almost the same level of capability but rides and drives better on pavement than the Taco does.

Though I hear the infotainment system and backup camera on the 2022+ models are kinda crap. If that matters to you.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

are Tacoma's cheaper for regular upkeep maintenance and repairs?
      Theres a fairly new pro4x listed near me that really caught me while looking for Tacomas to start with.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Toyota reliability and easy maintenance (compared to competitors) is largely a meme.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

i feel like it largely applies to their late 80s offerings through and up to the mid 2000s.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, they're reliable, but not any more so than their competitors.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

These days for sure. It's not Toyota but adjacent: I had a 2021 TLX whose AC went out in the first few hundred miles. Was probably built by a drunk coomer on a Monday morning in Marysville.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yea they’re good, I have a ‘23 pro4x but haven’t put anywhere close to 20k miles on it yet

The backup camera is fine, it just isn’t live feed like most truck reverse cameras are now. The infotainment system is decent too, it’s simplistic but still intuitive. The center console is one of the best parts of these trucks bc the climate controls arent controlled by the touchscreen and have their own knobs. Also an actual gear shift instead of homosexual selector and traditional E brake

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I plan on getting the base model king cab with tech package. People tell me to get a 4x4 but I live in California and don't plan on taking it offroading. Just need it for weekend stuff and helping out family members with errands.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why the hell do you need a full size then?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That exact model and trim is the first one I test drove before looking at the pro4x. Very smooth ride but the rear tires spin hella easy with TC on so just turn that shit off. Definitely go and drive one when you get the chance.

Why the hell do you need a full size then?

> Ermm why the hell do you SNEED a full size then?
          Frontiers are mid sized, genius.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I thought you were the Titan guy.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ah mb then

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The camera is not live? When does it show?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

it starts at S1:E1 of Breaking Bad everytime you put it in reverse, i guess.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

also wondering wtf this is supposed to mean

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the last time you backed up.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The backup camera/center console is DIM AS ALL FRICK. It's almost dangerous is you rely on it. I drove a 2023 when my Ridgeline was in the shop.

https://i.imgur.com/o16Njys.jpeg

Are these any good?
        >3.8L V6
        >20k miles
        Don't care about no AWD since I'm in Texas and will just use it to haul motorcycles.

Dependable good car but no frills and stupid seats.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The camera is not live? When does it show?

also wondering wtf this is supposed to mean

kek sorry, what I meant by the reverse camera not being "live" is that the footage it shows you when you put it into reverse is like an 8th of a second off of what you're actually seeing. The quality is a little grainy but i couldn't really give a frick bc this is the first vehicle i've owned that's had a backup camera

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why'd you go with the frontier over Tacoma?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

no turbo, rode better, modest interior, better styling, and cheaper out the door

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Okay so basically because it was cheaper, got it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

t. Toyota cultist

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Pretty sure it's the same bullshit Dodge uses. Are these built by Stellantis like the Titan?

are Tacoma's cheaper for regular upkeep maintenance and repairs?
      Theres a fairly new pro4x listed near me that really caught me while looking for Tacomas to start with.

I got a Taco as a rental while my Titan is in the shop (some drunk homosexual backed into me at a golf tournament and of course left no information), and it sort of sucks. It handles like shit compared to my Titan, and weirdly enough gets the almost the same gas mileage from a V6 as my Titan does with a 400hp 5.6 V8. It's like driving a Hot Wheels car after owning a full sized truck. On another note, here's hoping Caliber doesn't frick up the repaint on my rear quarter panel and bumper. It's pearl white and I hear it's a right b***h to match it.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Did they fix the interiors on these? last generation were kinda tight for taller drivers, plus last gen didn't have a telescoping wheel either

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The cabs look tiny and short
    How the hell would a 6 foot 6 guy fit into that

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

New frontier actually has more room than a Tacoma.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Still looks cramped.
        Ill look at a Titan instead.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Titan starts at $47k and this is their last year of production. Guessing they'll start killing all the body on frame models as time goes on. They've already axed their fleet vans.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They weren't selling so they axed them.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I actually found it comfortable. I drive a 22 Tacoma as a service truck, the new Frontier is a little roomier.
          I'd check it out personally before committing to the Titan.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You can steal a Titan. For some reason, no one wants them. I personally like the way they look, but I have a 2020. It's basically a Dodge Ram 1500 Xenomorph Edition.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

these trucks are growing on me
    good enough styling
    only V6 left in the midsize besides a fricking overpriced raptor
    amenities are kind of meh but you save alot of money compared to a tacoma and get a better vehicle

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why would you not just get a half ton? "Not needing one" is not an excuse. If a half ton doesn't fit in your garage squeezing one of these in and out 3 times a day will get real old real quick. I just don't know why you would pay just as much to get a "smaller" truck with less features.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I don't like the styling of all the half tons

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>just as much
        frontiers are cheap as frick. you don't need bigger unless you're towing regularly. even a wimpy 00s ranger is sufficient for most people and is still an upgrade over a sedan

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>150k miles

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>150k miles
            Aren't most vehicles passing that mark? A Frontier should easily be able to double that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yea, here's a comparable Tacoma. This is the norm. Frontiers are an absolute steal in today's market for no reason other than the Nissan badge making people cringe

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I've seen a black person driving this

https://i.imgur.com/G2jAPSf.png

Yea, here's a comparable Tacoma. This is the norm. Frontiers are an absolute steal in today's market for no reason other than the Nissan badge making people cringe

I've never seen a black person driving this

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Black people have good taste in trucks then

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why are they so affordable? What's the catch?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Nissan
            There's the catch

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>why not pay double the price for towing capacity you aren't going to use?
        If you get a midsize with a V6 that's enough for 90% of peoples' use cases

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Why would you not buy something you don't need that is significantly more expensive?

This is one of the most israeli things I have ever read on this board.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why do you fricking morons never look at real world prices? A fricking israelite would buy the half ton because it gives you more vehicle for your money.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>but you save alot of money compared to a tacoma and get a better vehicle
      I get the money part, but how do you get a better vehicle??

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

better handling on pavement, better ride, V6 naturally aspirated for better power curve, no turbo lag
        just dont buy the 20-21s the transmissions were fricked

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thread got me looking at Nissan truggs and caught this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

ecsdeeeeee

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>3.8L V6
    heh, wonder how it'd go swapping the gm 3800 in

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

NISSAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Any V6 > turbo 4.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

unfortunately, this thing has quite a few issues. I joined a nissan frontier group just to see because I was in the market. loads of people complaining about the cluster not being accurate. Like 5 mph at 55 inaccurate. The diffs are needing changed (usual Nissan stuff). Fit and finish is atrocious. The original Hardbodys and Frontiers had better fitment. I've seen at least 20 people complain about needing a transmission within the warranty period in just the 7-8 months I've been on their page. The new engine is direct injection but they do have their own dedicated injection port so they're not going to carbonize the valves. They have the exact same coolant thermovalve as the vr30 so they're gonna have failures there as they've been failing on the vr30s semi-regularly. It's a Valeo product (bmw part supplier) so there's that. I think the Tacoma with the turbo 2.4 is going to be a better more reliable truck IMO. Forget Tundra. The TRD on the side stands for TuRD.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Gas turbo engine
      >more reliable than an n/a V6

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

this is a fringe case. the base engine will probably last a long time but all the doo-dads people colloquially associate with "engine" they stuck on it won't. People have already put a lot of troublefree miles on the Highlander and Lexus T24A equipped models.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Mexican built
      >4 cyl
      >Turbo charger
      >MFG oil change interval recommendation every 10k lmao
      >towing up a winding hill with rated weight causes the transmission fluid to get dangerously hot
      >off road easy terrain and ADD snaps
      >Toyota techs quietly saying i-Force will not only become a nightmare to fix but would avoid anything off-road to minimize water leaking into electrical components
      >65k for top trim kek

Toyota has become a meme totally reliant on their reliability and efficiency. They're now on the path of either of those traits.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

And frontiers being built in Mississippi are any better? Lmao

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You think Mexicans are going to take more pride in their work than an American? At least the old Tacoma's were built in Texas but I guess that's too foreign built too huh? They're paying these guys $3/hr, I don't think the Mexican who are building these on the assembly line are exactly jumping up and down with excitement, especially when CSRL wants their slice of the pie. Look at QC of the newest generation of Tundra's, turbo issues, defective seals, interior rattling right off the lot. There's a reason why the newest generations of Tundra's/Tacoma's are sitting on lots. Built like crap, inflated MSRP, APR's, stealership markups & mandatory protection packages. I'll take a Tacoma built by an American over a Mexican any day.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nothing made in America is of good quality. I don't get this moronic meme.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Fit and finish is atrocious.
      All Nissans are like this. I had a rental Nissan truck about 5 years ago while on vacation and the thing was a total turd. The other half of my party had a chrysler minivan and it was faster and nicer than the V6 nissan truck lol

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just do yourself a favor and get a Ford Ranger

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Because it's better

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

In what way whatsoever?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

He probably thinks eager Raptor = all rangers like a moron

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Ranger is easily the worst midsize pickup out of the bunch.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Don't care about no AWD since I'm in Texas
    Ask ERCOT about recent Texas winters, you moron.

You WILL get the 4WD model

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's far superior to the tiny turbo engines in the Tacoma Ranger and Colorado.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>tfw have brand new frontier with YD25 and 7 speed auto with no emissions nothing on it.

Feels good being a thirdie

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why not a Chebby Colorado?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They are nice looking the new ones, but I've read some really bad customer reviews on them and there were alot

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Good power, comfortable, turning radius is not as good as the Tacoma.
    Go for it.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Do you care about your privacy? Nissan has the absolute worst track record of tracking everything you and your friends do in or around the car at all times and selling it off to others and leaking it online through failed security practices.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Except the S & SV don't have a cellular antenna or GPS. There's no tracking.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Better than the new Tacoma.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yes. The Nissan Frontier is reliable truck regardless to is it RWD or AWD. There are no reliability issues confrimed/reported for that 3.8liter V6 engine yet.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What about everything else (primarily transmission)?
      That's Nissan's Achilles heel.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It has the same transmission as the Titan.

Pretty sure it's the same bullshit Dodge uses. Are these built by Stellantis like the Titan?
        [...]
        I got a Taco as a rental while my Titan is in the shop (some drunk homosexual backed into me at a golf tournament and of course left no information), and it sort of sucks. It handles like shit compared to my Titan, and weirdly enough gets the almost the same gas mileage from a V6 as my Titan does with a 400hp 5.6 V8. It's like driving a Hot Wheels car after owning a full sized truck. On another note, here's hoping Caliber doesn't frick up the repaint on my rear quarter panel and bumper. It's pearl white and I hear it's a right b***h to match it.

>Are these built by Stellantis like the Titan
        What. Both of them are built in Nissan's Mississippi plant.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

So, that's what I thought initially, but I heard somewhere that it switched to Stellantis. Weird, because the interior is identical to a Dodge Ram 1500. As in not similar, exactly the same. Switch layout and everything.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nothing about the two interiors are similar, what are you smoking?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Bro, I have a friend that has the same model year of Ram and the interior is exactly the same.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They're not at all the same. Literally just use google, schizo.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the bed in these is like 3 feet long i doubt you'd be able to fit a motorcycle in it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *