>2024 in the USA. >Can buy houses online. >Still can't purchase a brand new car directly

>2024 in the USA
>Can buy houses online
>Still can't purchase a brand new car directly

What's the hold-up? When will the laws finally change to bypass dealerships with their crazy markups?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people like getting fricked in the ass all the way up to and including literally getting fricked in the ass

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You can do that at tesla.com 🙂

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Whenever I shop for cars I filter for manual transmission, 8+ cylinders, and rwd. How do I do that there?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lobbying

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>try to purchase a house online
    >home ownership is unattainable now because of ~~*Blackstone*~~

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Think Blackstone is a misnomer of BlackRock
      >They're different companies
      Who writes this shit

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Most car manufacturers actually will do this if you are wealthy and/or important.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

being the professional grifters they are, dealer associations invest billions of dollars in lobbying state legislatures to make this illegal

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>invest billions of dollars in lobbying state legislatures to make this illegal
      I just don't understand how, the money car makers would get from direct sales is trillions, not billions. I know if I could order a car online for MSRP I would have gotten a new one years ago instead if running mine to the ground

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

part of the issue is that manufacturers don't necessarily want to have to invest in showrooms, distribution, and service infrastructure all over the country, i.e. what a dealership does. Otherwise we would see manufacturers trying to change legislation to allow direct consumer sales. Tesla is one of the main outliers here in that they do all of those things.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why does the dealer system still exist over there?
    I can buy a car online here in europe, the dealer only exists to give me my car that I purchased online or for maintenance under warranty
    Is it true that the markup is what the dealer gets as an extra when you buy the car or how does it work?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Why does the dealer system still exist over there?
      see

being the professional grifters they are, dealer associations invest billions of dollars in lobbying state legislatures to make this illegal

>Is it true that the markup is what the dealer gets as an extra when you buy the car or how does it work?
      Dealers typically purchase cars for some amount under MSRP, this is called "dealer cost", and then they're free to price the cars however they want. The MSRP is always posted but that's not necessarily the final price, they can mark up as much as they want. They're basically scum who have cornered the market on auto prices.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Damn, what a bunch of c**ts

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you are Toyota or Honda, what is the incentive to sell to dealers at a fixed low price? They'd sell out their inventories without anyone ever stepping into a show room or taking a test drive.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Mainly it's much easier to sell 1,000,000 cars to 10,000 dealers than it is to 1,000,000 individual people, especially when you consider the need for maintenance all over the country. It seems like it's not impossible though since Tesla is doing it. Without dealerships there'd be more independent garages picking up the maintenance needs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Mainly it's much easier to sell 1,000,000 cars to 10,000 dealers than it is to 1,000,000 individual people
            That sucks, especially since car lots are an eyesore

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Didn't Scion try to do away with dealers and got killed off

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That was Saturn. Toyota thought young people had money when they were cooking Scion up, which is part of the reason it died

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I remember them trying to give us Scion flyers in high school and seeing it in magazines, plus it was hella ugly

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tesla.com exists

But its true, local state laws forbid Tesla from selling/servicing/having showrooms/etc in 50% of the states. Its corruption.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>local state laws forbid Tesla from selling/servicing/having showrooms/etc in 50% of the states. Its corruption.
      That is genuinely so un-American and anti consumer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Were you expecting philosophical consistency from modern Republicans? That is why the Libertarian party exists.
        To paraphrase a great philosopher: Cars are legal, selling is legal, why isn't it legal to sell cars?

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

used car chads win again

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If we got rid of scams and grifts 90% of people in America would be unemployed.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *