2024 X5

Just signed on one of these in m40d trim. How badly did I frick up, DA?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Could have had 2 Buick Envistas
    BMW is for weird foreigners, they're not good cars.
    You'll actually question yourself every day why you didn't buy a Mercedes Benz instead

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>BMW
      >they're not good cars
      >recommends a Buick instead
      >twice too

this board is only good for getting kicks out of making internet strangers angry for a brief period

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you're defending a BMW purchase you sadly weren't raised right.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>auto only
    >eggshit
    >mcdonalds
    shits a rental

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Diesel

Holy shit you fricked up

Diesel is for tiny Volkswagen fuel sippers and >10,000lb GVWR trucks

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What's wrong with the diesel? The general consensus seems to be that the B57 is pretty reliable and efficient.

Could have had 2 Buick Envistas
      BMW is for weird foreigners, they're not good cars.
      You'll actually question yourself every day why you didn't buy a Mercedes Benz instead

>Mercedes
      I test drove the GLE - the BMW felt better to drive and had a nicer interior.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>He doesn't know about german diesels.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm assuming leased because that's most of bmw's business. You already signed so apparently had the money to burn. It's too much money for a minivan imo but you do you. Don't go over on mileage or you might wind up owning it and it's not something anyone would want to own out of warranty. Hopefully you'll have the "luxury" bug out of your system by the time the lease is up so you can make a better choice next time.
    Also, I hope the one you got is in a better color than clearcoat on primer.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Out of curiosity, what would've been "a better choice" in the same price range and form factor (inb4 you don't need a big car - yes, I do)?

>clearcoat on primer
      Mine's white - it's what gets the least hot in summer.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Alpine White is a great color for a BMW. If you actually want an SUV then a 'burban with the 6.2 is the way to go. Should be able to nab a Denali or at least high altitude for about the same money. If you don't need the third row either a 6.7 f350 (lariat trim) cclb, of if that's too big/spartan (it's not, can be hard with heated/cooled leather, steering wheel heater, panoramic sunroof, etc) you could go 5.0 f150 with a platinum or limited trim. There's a reason more millionaires in America drive an f150 than anything else. Big comfy interior, very reliable, and hold their value tremendously well.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>US-exclusive models
          Unfortunately, I can't buy any of those without importing and paying taxes out the ass. I'd definitely consider an f150 otherwise.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Oof didn't realize you were somewhere an f150 was am exotic. That definitely changes the dynamic. Someone else suggested Land Cruiser, if you can still get one with a V8 that'd be a good call. Otherwise maybe something made on a unimog chassis? Or if. You don't need the clearance a 5er estate? I might have a 535d touring if they had been made available here in muttland.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Happy st Paddy's everyone

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>guy buys a new x5, posts about it on /o
            >anon recommends buying "something made on a unimog chassis"
            >hey bro instead of that luxury suv you already bought, here's a utility tractor trailer hope this helps lol
            >hey bro I know your set on on that bmw, but have you seen those new john deeres?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Land Cruiser
            Toyota has not been taking orders on new LCs for like 2 years now (and even when they were, they were giving lead times of 2+ years). Which resulted in used ones selling at at least a 50% mark up vs new.
            >5 wagon
            That was my first choice when I went to the BMW dealership, but it turned out that getting in and out of a low car (as opposed to an SUV) is kind of a pain in the ass when you're 6'5.

>1.9% apr
            Did you transpose numbers or forget a digit?
            I can't believe this; that's basically the rate of inflation.

I don't live in the US. Here anywhere from ~2 to ~4% apr is the standard rate, depending on make, model and your credit.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What's your average yearly income and what's the interest rate you got for this thing?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Day job and side business combined, I make like $180k give or take.
      >what's the interest rate you got for this thing?
      1.9% apr

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

In that case you didn't frick up. Just remember to dump that car as soon as it's out of warranty.
        Did you test the Q5 or Q7 by any chance?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Tried the Q7, but it felt super-bland in terms of looks and, more importantly, the dealership told me I'd need to wait at least 8 months for delivery.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The x5 is and always was a decent choice if that's the sort of car you're looking for. And the diesel is definitely the right engine for this car.

Would've considered a land cruiser as well, but I do go /out a lot.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>1.9% apr
        Did you transpose numbers or forget a digit?
        I can't believe this; that's basically the rate of inflation.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

MASHALLAH HABIBI!

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ignore the USDM chuds, they'll never know what it's like to drive a german car that's not made in mexico.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

All my BMWs are made in Germany.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

personally wouldve gone for a 23 since the 24s have the all touch interface, but then again, i will never be in the market for a new x5 so my opinion is moot. enjoy. wish they sold more diesels here. would love an m550d.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *