40 mile work commute

What car would you drive if you had to deal with this ordeal? Mostly flat highway, poorly maintained roads, 4 season weather.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

about tree fiddy

2. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

any basic commuter sedan

3. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Camry

4. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

RAV4 hybrid.

5. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Ford ranger master race

6. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Pyotoa Trius

7. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I am 5 miles short of this and I DD a Ford F-150 Lariat. Kneel.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

>Kneel.
      So we can see eye to eye?

8. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Did that before. Bought a VW tdi.

9. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Honda Element with 4:44 gearing

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Is that in top gear? My 02 forester pulls about those rpms in 4th out of 5

10. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Any shitbox with high profile balloon tires and 7+ inches of ground clearance

11. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Crown Vic with snow tires in the winter.

12. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Okay, somebody smart tell me why I can't do this with my oil pan.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

It would be incredibly easy for something to open that valve and dump out the oil while you're driving around, or for someone to accidentally bump it while trying to steal your catalytic converter and then your engine is damaged

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

I am not smart but be careful of the metal shavings when you screw in the valve.

https://i.imgur.com/Fk0j6en.jpeg

What car would you drive if you had to deal with this ordeal? Mostly flat highway, poorly maintained roads, 4 season weather.

Whatever car I had, preferably with good mpgs.
      In the summer I would take the motorcycle.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>I am not smart but be careful of the metal shavings when you screw in the valve.
        ffs

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

The question would be how often the valve needs replacing.

13. 6 days ago
    Anonymous
  14. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Rav4 or whatever the Lexus equivalent is

15. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

My commute is over 50 miles, 60-100 easily when seeing clients. I went with an i5 because it's comfy and I went from going to a gas station from twice a week to twice a year

16. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

My 22 Stinger GT. AWD 30 mpg highway. Soft enough for crappy roads but firm enough for a bit of fun on a good B road.

17. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

ITT: seething yurotrash

get yourself a new f250 limited, comfy as frick, reliable, all the new tech, and as a fellow rich american, i know the cost is a nonissue

18. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

I had a commute like that. I drove an E39 540i and it was a great car to commute in. Looking back at it though I would probably have commuted in a car I cared less about, because my E39 wound up getting rear ended in a traffic jam by some uninsured moron and I had to fight with my insurance company for weeks to not simple total it out and get it fixed at a shop that would actually work on an older car.

19. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Something geared high with a V8 and proper tires. So a pickup truck or a truck based SUV. Highway travel gets old quick in a little shitbox screaming away at 4k rpm with tiny tires that transmit every little crack in the road into you.

20. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

if you already have a car and don't get a take home company car then your current ride is best unless you can luck into a good mpg shitbox like a Cobalt or something. it would take years to justify a car purchase in fuel savings. Lots of localities are charging extra road use tax at time of registration for good mpg cars too.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *