1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

big car make smol woman feel safe

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The israelites.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

ICE technology has advanced at a lower pace than vehicle weight since the 90s. Even if modern engines are 20% more efficient it doesn't make a difference if modern cars are 30% heavier. Thats basically what happened.

>The israelites.
      also this.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>30% heavier
        try 2x-3x

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the fall of the soviet union unleashed communism all over the world

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

unchallenged capitalism*

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you're thinking of neoliberalism

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

ah yes wageslave for 50 years vaccinate your children drive the eggpod such liberty many freedom

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Collectivism isn't predominant

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

take your meds, schizoid

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

liberalism isn't libertarianism nor an ideology with an end goal, it's a liberal system of ideas meant to tackle current problems.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wish companies would start bringing legacy models back for new production runs, I'd buy a CRX in an instant

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

they do that, but you end up with shit like this

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I meant like the actual exact car from the 90s, just a new limited production run. I wager they'd actually sell pretty decently.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sorry, best we can do is a Porsche restomod for $500k.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

they legally couldnt if they wanted to because of safety and emissions regulations

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>add beefier cat
            >add some cheap steel beams along the sides and crumple zone to meet the bare minimum
            >sell to me and every other zoomer with a hard-on for 90s JDMs
            >profit massively
            Too ez, these suits don't know what they doin fr fr

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Cheap steel beams

all post 1995 hondas already have this to meet side impact regs even DC2s (94-95 vs 96+) and they have big bumper beams for 5mph crash ratings done by iihs

Still won't pass, you need to do something about the tiny pillars and weak frame

Take apart a Fit to see what I mean

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Fricks sake so modern pigfat 3000lbs ""compact"" sedans are this way because of bullshit safety standards so when Emily and her mother inevitably crash they can live another day to keep wagecucking for the line to go up

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yeah

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Just build them smarter. A Fit was 2400-2600lbs and had 4-5/5 star crash safety ratings everywhere in the world. The current Miata is the same weight as the one from 1989 with way more brakes, tires, and horsepower

The other problem is boomers don't like small cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>sell to me and every other zoomer with a hard-on for 90s JDMs
            >implying zoomers have money

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>that car is unsafe to drive!
            >of course the same hp in a motorbike would be fine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Motorbike owners mostly just harm themselves and provide society with a helpful supply of spare organs.
            The bikes themselves also contain fairly little waste material, and are generally easy to detach and harvest from the trees and streetlights they're stuck in (at least compared to a Honda or BMW car).

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Just import one from some shithole country that still produces legacy models.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Here's your new CRX bro.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I unironically like the CRZ, I'm sad they didn't make/sell enough so the chance of one falling in my hands is nil. The dash is kinda ugly though if I had to nitpick something about it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Would

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They still had unsold brand new ones at the dealer almost 5 years after they stopped making them.
        These were not the crx everyone wanted.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fuel economy is kinda the same discussion as carburetors and peak power. Fuel injection doesn't actually raise the peak power numbers vs a carb. It just offers better tuning at every other point in the powerband while using less fuel altogether. The ceiling is still the same though. Likewise, we already had tech for good mpg for a while back then. The crx was just a lightweight car that took advantage of the new vvt and vvl that was introduced with vtech. There were other cars with good mpg in the 80s, but the crx was able to do both performance and mpg in a sporty package that doubled for commuting. Nowadays though, people don't mind sacrificing 5-7mpg for stuff like awd, extra seats, 5 star safety, cameras and sensors, etc, so there's less need to pour money into advanced fuel economy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The crx was just a lightweight car that took advantage of the new vvt and vvl that was introduced with vtech.
      The most economical version used a non VTEC 3 valve 1.5L. My old Si-R swapped Si averaged mid to high 20's.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Fuel injection doesn't actually raise the peak power numbers vs a carb
      Modern fuel injection is pretty good but as an example- the 80-96 Fullsize Bronco had a standard carb, then an electronic feedback carb, then speed density EFI and then (for last year) Mass Air EFI.
      The electronic feedback carb had the best fuel mileage of all.

• 2 months ago
        s10fag

It was a more perfected technology in its day. We continue to improve it. If you bought a AVS2 you would notice the fuel ports are different to allow better atomization. The same with efi; We have more responsive computers, better data analytics, better injectors. It's a tossup as to how an individual system is tuned now.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you're a moron
    safety and features = weight
    inb4 I don't want muh screens and safety rubbish
    go buy your favorite 90s shit box and stop complaining

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this, also
      >60 HP at 5k
      I like CRXs but i'll pass on a HF

I wish companies would start bringing legacy models back for new production runs, I'd buy a CRX in an instant

that's literally the current trend ie bronco, integra. Honda has a prelude concept that looks production ready.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>that's literally the current trend ie bronco, integra. Honda has a prelude concept that looks production ready.
        and they are huge ugly slow pigfat etc etc

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>go buy your favorite 90s shit box and stop complaining
      everyone is doing this and now they cost an arm and a leg

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The thing weighed maybe 800 kg / 1800 lb, was probably crushed in every collision above walking speed and the most economical engine produced 60 hp. It's basically a city car by modern standards.
    A modern euro subcompact weighs almost 1.5 times that, has much more room inside and still has equal or better fuel economy. Probably accelerates better too, if you don't mind the occasional turbocharger explosion.
    No, car technology hasn't regressed. The market has.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The thing weighed maybe 800 kg / 1800 lb, was probably crushed in every collision above walking speed
      if every other car weighed 800kg this wouldnt happen

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That thing would probably be totaled bumping into a bouncy castle.
        Structural engineering and steels have come a long way since then, especially in smaller cars.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Most modern cars get totalled by the smallest of shit. Its just the people in the car that are (relatively) safer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The thing weighed maybe 800 kg / 1800 lb
      >produced 60 hp
      You literally dont need more

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>This car is literally unviable today with all the cucks and women driving lifted trucks

Sad.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Emissions regs make efficiency worse.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Most 90s Hondas wouldn't pass today because of NOx regs in Japan and California. Especially the DOHC VTEC cars.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

normcattle wanted to Sit Higher™

11. 2 months ago
    inb4chan

the HF was absolutely gutless and mine got mid 30 mpg on the drive home
    being said i did crack into 50MPG in a CRX SI which regularly hit 40MPG

Great cars btw (owned 7)

12. 2 months ago
    s10fag

ONLY 45?

• 2 months ago
      inb4chan

the main difference is a CRX is actually fun to drive unlike a geo metro (also a HF could hit 60+ MPG when the engine was new)

• 2 months ago
        s10fag

its really fun when my 30 year old $1500 shitbox gets stolen by mexicans because it says Honda on it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Geo Metro is stupid fun to drive. You have to run out every single gear to get anywhere and it has a huge tendency to slide sideways if you fling it around because the tire patch is competitive with $800 home depot utility trailers.

• 2 months ago
          s10fag

Ive got 195/60r15s so they rub badly with the blown out shocks, the taller tire can hurt if hills are involved but the little 3cyl doesnt like to rev, its very torquey and you can lug it in 5th at 35mph. Im wanting to get a sniper 1100 throttle body and maybe do cop ignition with a maf, just to see how much i can milk it for. The insight and mirage dont have much more power density and everyone gives up on the stock motor unless turbos are involved.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My chevy sprint was pretty fun to drive. Alot more fun than any of my hondas were.
        Any of these cars would get ran over on the expressways today with even the b***h basic common cars having corvette performance.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>turn AC on
    >now only 35mpg

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

CVCC was a work of engineering art.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Couldn't they make a small ev car that drives like a go-kart?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They could, but even small internal combustion engine cars now are 3700lbs because they have to be able to survive impacts with 9001lbs trucks, and somehow the trucks aren't considered the problem. So to be lightweight, efficient, and have little front surface area it might have to legally be a motorcycle.

Honda should really revive this concept as an 3 wheeler so it would legally be a motorcycle. Either keeping the side by side setup with a little more protection, or going to central tandem seating. Honda could do really amazing things if they switched their whole line up to series hybrids with decently sized buffer batteries.

• 2 months ago
        s10fag

A third party could always obtain the tooling to make body parts and sell kit cars...

picrel is a 20k shelby daytona kit, comes with shell and space frame, specced to use foxbody mustang running gear. Theres a cheaper MR car that could be epic if the body didnt look like ass and it wasnt powered by a subaru 2.5

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The Suzuki Swift's still around 950 kg / 2100 lbs, though they don't sell the "sport" version in much of the EU any more. It's supposedly pretty reliable, too.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Honda E literally existed and flopped.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Morons kept running into each other and onions men and hyper women whose kids did the thing that caused themselves to die lobbied endlessly for more safety this, more crash test that. Thus sub 2300lb cars that can be juiced up with turbos have all gone away due to failing crash impact tests. It's the same reason who you can't buy certain lotus models here anymore even though they are produced abroad.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>45mpg
    I was at 54mpg in a carb'd '84 CRX.
    It only weighed 1800 pounds.
    Modern cars have that just in wiring, airbags, screens, cameras and all the stupid shit like door locks tied into the ECU so it relocks after 60 seconds if you accidentally hit the unlock on the remote and don't open the door.

Fuel mileage and engine efficiency keep getting better but mandates (more emission equipment) and customer preferences (I need 360 degree cameras with internet access so I can watch my car on my phone while at juniors little league game) negate all those improvements.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>my d16 civic averages 25mpg
    I'd love to know why

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do you ever drive on the highway?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not usually. My commute is all backroads with a heavy police presence. I lock the cruise at 60mph. Engine spins 2500rpm at that speed.

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

Not usually. My commute is all backroads with a heavy police presence. I lock the cruise at 60mph. Engine spins 2500rpm at that speed.

with no cel or obvious issues, i'd start with some injector cleaner. o2 sensor measures, o2, not hydrocarbons, so if atomization is really bad causing unburnt, the computer will just dump more fuel in, cook your cats, bad mpg, and even lose power. clean cap and rotor, copper plugs at exact gap, do not just shove new plugs in the motor without gapping them, plugs do not come pre gapped ever. tire pressure up to spec, maybe even 5-10psi over. fuel not leaking, other obvious shit.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It does have a cel but it's for an evap leak.
        it has brand new properly gapped ngk Ruthenium hx's

• 2 months ago
          s10fag

why? its some 9:1 n/a piece of shit, copper plugs will last 60k+

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because I can afford them, they've given really good results in other vehicles I've had.
            Besides, they're already installed. I can't return them.

• 2 months ago
            s10fag

I dont wipe my ass with gold foil because i can afford it, but to each his own.

Try some lucas injector cleaner, it will take a long time to reach full effect but it's better than fricking with aftermarket parts and downtime. If its obd2 you might be able to see injector duty cycle on a scan tool.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

With Lucas injector cleaner I got up to 29.6mpg on a tank.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>45mpg
    >45hp

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The 1st gen Si got 91hp with 38mpg.
      Better trade off.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've been 215 mph in one of these that was set up for drag racing

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love my cr-x
    It's a shame modern Honda is boring as shit

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everyone drives 10,000lb SUVs now so cars need to be built to withstand an impact from other passenger vehicles. Also gov't regulations on safety mean that cars need to be heavier. In short, the israelites or gov't or whatever don't want us to have cheap reliable transport that gets 50+ mpg. Which is strange because in Europe you can still buy like a diesel kia that gets 70mpg for example.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

anyone seriously advocating for greener personal vehicles should be trying to give dpfs to old diesels

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My Snapper lawn mower also gets good gas mileage? Your point being? Seems kids like you think being chinese is cool and they're fast because you can afford them. Listen up scooter, just work a little harder and buy a V8! There's no replacement for displacement. That jap crap will never beat the 71 Plymouth I had when I was your age working part time pumping gas, son.

-Jack
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Jack "Mopar Jack" LeMonpardy
    MOPAR OR NO CAR

SEMPER FI
    USMC 1981-1981
    USAF Tryouts 1984
    Asset Protection Operator at Sears Outlet 1985-2004
    Gold's Gym Personal Trainer 2005-2005
    Clerk at Autozone 2005-2013
    Parts Runner for Napa 2013-Present

"You can't fix stupid."
    "I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46"
    "The second amendment protects the first amendment."
    "Trump 2024/FJB"
    "Mopar or No Car"

The GARAGE:
    2002 Chrysler Concorde ***Matching Numbers, All-Original One-Owner FOR SALE: $23k O.B.O great condition 124k miles, NO ACCIDENTS, email [email protected] if INTERESTED 😎 😎
    2014 Honda Santa Fe (ball n chain's car..)
    1971 Plymouth Duster 340 -- NO ENGINE NO TRANS NO INTERIOR ---- Contact Me If You Have Any Parts Laying Around

[quote]Hey now that Joe's wife Susan is dead we can all get together more often![/quote]

"None of that JAP CRAP"
    "You can't fix stupid."

[Image hosted by Photobucket]

{img]C:UsersjackMy DocumentsMy Picturesplymouth.jpg[/img]

WARNING: I DO NOT CONSENT TO THE USE OF MY POSTS OR LIKENESS BY ANY CHARACTER EXCEPT MYSELF. I DO NOT AUTHORIZE THIS WEBSITE TO DISSEMINATE MY LIKENESS.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Asset protection operator at sears

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

boomer posting still gets me after all these years

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Wrong forum.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

US law encouraging the sale of larger vehicles that have less stringent mpg/emissions/whatever standards

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>bro just add a crumple zone

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Obama

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Regulations to get you to spend more on bigger.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everything became pig and fat

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frick I would be so happy with a fun 45mpg car with my current job with a 10 minute commute. It'd feel like getting gas is as common as updating registry stickers.

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I imagine weighing under 2000 lbs factors into it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We need to reel back to 250hp 1800lb cars, planet is overpopulated anyway we don't need to care about safety anymore.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's funny how motorcycles are ok and all you legally need is a helmet(some states don't even require a helmet), but a car has to have a bazillion safeguards.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Quite a few counties/states are inching towards making worn airbags mandatory (at enormous cost to the riders)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Try and enforce it, road pirate
            I'll just wear a Black morphsuit under my clothes and ride a supersport with no plates. Therefore I'll be a protected class and law enforcement can't touch me

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you won't end up protected from a crash then

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

A lot of countries have started allowing 4 wheel vehicles that are legally motorcycles, or a separate category of lightweight vehicles.

In the part of the US Midwest I live in it is starting to become somewhat common to see people who own a golf cart, or a UTV, using them as their local transportation because they either don't own a proper car, or they can't afford to drive it daily. They might not legally be fully road legal, but local cops don't care and the reality is the laws just haven't kept up with the reality on the ground that car companies selling only $70k trucks and SUVs just doesn't work for people, and it just isn't practical for many people to keep old vehicles driving forever.

There need to be more vehicle categories sorted by weight to allow for cheap transportation, and there is going to have to be some kind of concession made by heavy vehicles that make the road less safe for everyone else. Like standards for visibility, higher-tier licenses to operate vehicles over 4400lbs, and more severe penalties for drivers of those vehicles who cause accidents.

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't like my new golf because it's so pigfat and weighs a ton. I should have got the 2 door to shave some weight. I would much prefer small cars from ye olde times

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

2 seats motorcycle women sized car for 2 small 150 cm tall asian men

you can still get miata and downgrade it's engine to 15s to 60 get similar resuls

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My dad had one growing up in the early 90's. I remember waiting by the front door to see my dad pull into our long driveway. One time my whole family(Mom, Dad, Sister, & I) rode all the way from NC to FL in it. I rode in the back little hatchback area. Was a stick, my dad would let me shift gears for him. I miss my family bros.

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

American car companies are struggling and yall want them to start making automobiles that make even less profit? That's just stupid. Stop being poor and do your part to support the industry.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>noooooo you have to support the dogshit domestic car industry because...le patriotism or something!!! don't you know american JOBZ are at stake here??
      Frick off boomer shill. Nobody cares if your house in Detroit devalued to $0. Still gonna buy a Toyota.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Unamerican. Move to Russia already.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>y-y-you're unamerican if you don't buy my overpriced unreliable made-in-mexico shitbox
          Okay lol

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

same shit from a different angle. if maleoids were worth a shit we wouldn't be having either problem

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *