>5.5L V8. >Naturally aspirated. >670 horsepower. >Sounds like sex. >Fraction of the cost of a supercar

>5.5L V8
>Naturally aspirated
>670 horsepower
>Sounds like sex
>Fraction of the cost of a supercar
How did GM do it bros?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

CRIME Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

By finally embracing the cam that goes over the head
    Took them long enough

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

FPBP

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

FPBP

The C4 ZR1 was DOHC and was pushing 400 HP by 1993. On par with the first gen viper with its frickhuge V10

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>and then, for no reason at all, they stopped making it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It was really expensive, nearly twice as a normal corvette.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

it costed more for less performance than naturally aspirated pushrods by callaway.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

kek jesus old cars are so fricking slow.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Technically the modern vehicles, especially the """sporty"""" ones that are just as fast or somehow slower are much more pathetic. Those performances are pretty good for late 90's tire technology.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lol no. those cars on PS4s will still be slower in every metric than dozens of cheaper modern commuter cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lol the zr1 c4 was quick as frick monglet

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

my mom's crossover is faster than this.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>x to doubt

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

There aren't many "cheap modern commuter cars" running 12's or 13's. A $40k V6 Camry barely runs 14's.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i said 'cheaper' not 'cheap'. look at the prices of cars in that image and then add on 35 years of inflation.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Advisors from lotus
          American engineers couldn't comprehend

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

/thread

Shouldve put their VTEC on it

Americans just accepted 80s tech with DOHC give then another 10 to allow 90s tech on a vette

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Shitrods btfo

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm tired of pretending that anemic high revving engines are supposed to be desirable. I don't care how much hp a car makes if it's literally gutless and useless everywhere below the redline. I don't want to have to be forced the string the car out just to squeeze a little power out of the redline if it feels like driving a nonvvti honda civic from 1985 everywhere below 7000rpm. Every single day of the week I'll gladly take a big fat stonking ohv engine with a torque curve that looks like a straight line all the way from idle and actually makes it feel like the gas pedal is connected to an engine

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>anemic
      >high revving

It makes sense that you don't understand the word when you can't even spell it correctly.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

PLEASE tell me what word you think I spelled wrong. This is going to be hilarious.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You spelled anaemic wrong while you used it incorrectly anon.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nta but it's the proper US spelling and a correct usage, anon

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a correct usage

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Having symptoms of being tired, weak, short of breath. All of those describe engines that only make the peak hp they do by being cammed for 7k+ while having 1-7k be weak and torqueless

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The #1 symptom of anemia is weakness, lethargy, shortness of breath. It's an incredibly common expression. Google it and you'll see thousands of results from forums to magazines to op-eds.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

lmao that's not how it's spelled, Niles.
            Why are you even in a thread for V8s? They're not halal. Take your tea and crumpets and go drive your 0.9l Dancia Sandero to Big Ben

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Having symptoms of being tired, weak, short of breath. All of those describe engines that only make the peak hp they do by being cammed for 7k+ while having 1-7k be weak and torqueless

The #1 symptom of anemia is weakness, lethargy, shortness of breath. It's an incredibly common expression. Google it and you'll see thousands of results from forums to magazines to op-eds.

>short of breath
            >high revving

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you want the math, look at volumetric efficiency and air moved per stroke. Revving engines are shit at this and compensate by making their shitty torque at a high rpm so they can stay in a gear for longer and get better multiplication. It's better to have more engine torque and less multiplication and have that everywhere in the rpm band

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Engines that don't breathe don't rev you absolute brainlet

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Homeboy, if it makes 300tq at 7000rpm and 250tq at 2000 rpm, it moves more air and/or is more efficient at 7000rpm
            >everywhere in the rpm band
            So why not argue for diesels

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>It's better to have more engine torque and less multiplication and have that everywhere in the rpm band
            Valid take. Love me some fat torquey pushrod V8s and V10s that scream and roar to life. A celebration of life, passion, and soul. An insubordination to the brutality of this world. Beautiful engines.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No you spelled it wrong lol.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>excuse me do you speak AMERICAN?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the 5.5 has just as much torque as the 6.2 and 200 more horsepower

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why do you not use a diesel electric then? Those things move mountains up mountains

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Thoroughbred racehorses are shit because they can't pull a plow well

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Oi, you got a loicense to take the piss, yeah?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you don't like revving out powerful engines you're probably gay.
    Flat torque curves and low redlines are good if you're commuting or an Amazon delivery driver, I guess. You could even transition to EV if that's your perfect engine characteristic.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this honestly. Unrelated but frick automatics.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ya, automatics suck, modern manuals like the zf8 or ford's 10 speed, on the other hand...

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shouldve put their VTEC on it

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>heart of the zog

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

impressive engine impressive car but just not feeling it kinda souless

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

spent all of the budget on this and none of it on the chassis

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

death to ZO6

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Good performance but sounds too raspy. Coyote with h pipe is perfection.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

coyote sounds like ass kys

the 5.5 has just as much torque as the 6.2 and 200 more horsepower

now post overlapping dynograph

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is the LT6 any good?
    seems like a glass cannon to me.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

By moving to DOHC instead of using shitty pushrods

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>makes as much torque as any EFI'd big block did 25-30 years ago
    >at twice the RPM!
    wow, it's nothing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

coyote sounds like ass kys
      [...]
      now post overlapping dynograph

I'm sick of you bastards criticizing sports car engines for not making truck torque numbers. In the grand scheme of things, having double or lopsided torque figures does nothing. I lose braincells everytime I see someone point at a car making 700hp and say "yeah but it makes nothing under 3k rpm" as if the car doesn't cold idle just below that. Like yeah tell me how a car that makes power up to 8k and makes 90% of its torque by 4k rpm is somehow a bad engine. Better yet tell me how 800tq and 350hp is good for a 3k lb car since everyone wants to suck off big blocks that flow poorly while we're at it. Cars don't need crazy torque if they're not overweight, and engines that make better torque than power are just unoptimized for making power period. If the numbers are uneven that means there's always room for improvement. Even the biggest performance big blocks are capable of singing to 8k and make their peak power near there. Its better to make more power as you accelerate than to have power taper of as you accelerate. Applications where torque is more dynamic and pronounced are not meant for performance and you're a moron for applauding it in performance applications. Fast cars win races. They don't tow logs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Thanks for posting the graph. Seeing the torque that low on the LT6 is actually really fuggin impressive. Things gonna be a beast and the yurocucks have to be shaking in their boots.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Europeans just don't have the sauce I guess. The only concern I have with the lt6 is the two piece block design but I doubt c8 corvette owners are fretting about dropping $10k on an engine resealing and europe already has similar designs anyway. It'd be cool if gm made a 4 cylinder out of the architecture though. 300+ na 2.3l would be a beast of a crate motor

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The K20/24 already exists

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah but I want a new gm architecture that isn't the ecorekt to put in a saturn sky and can use whatever corvette heads come out later on

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It really is too bad that Honda will never produce a production V8.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Neutron motors is workin on a k48 anyway. Close enough.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It will be neat, but too expensive and lacking factory or after market support.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah cool bro it will only cost like... more than entire Ferrari or something...

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it's going to cost more than any Hondas msrp too

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It would have been too based, too powerful, too respected.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the same torque at double the RPM
      So double the power?

14. 2 months ago
    s10fag

i knew when they said they were ditching the LS that they were going for a N*/HFX design, how similar is it to the 3.6? are they going to start putting it in trucks?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>flat plane
    THAT AIN'T AMERICAN MUSCLE

16. 2 months ago
    S/ò/viet

Shitrod sisters how do we recover?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>muh torque
    Just downshift lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They just look at numbers. They dont understand the concept of gearing and mechanical advantage. These are the same people who think more speakers sound better and rely on JD Power reviews to back their opinions

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah like there's a guy ITT who literally believes making the same torque number, except at a higher rpm, IS BAD
        Someone like that obviously has ZERO understanding about the concepts of wheel torque and gearing.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Downshifting costs time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Plan accordingly

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Good thing my car does it faster than any human

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

looking forward to accelerating to 65 mph in half a second and staying there

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>How did GM do it bros?
    by planning to make a lot of them

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *