>51 mpg. >wireless carplay. >wireless phone charger. >dual climate control. >all digital dash

>51 mpg
>wireless carplay
>wireless phone charger
>dual climate control
>all digital dash
>rear ac and usb ports
>heated seats and steering wheel
>spare tire

>$30k

How did they do it? Is there a better vehicle for the price?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your uber passengers will really enjoy it.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

now make

>51 mpg
    >plain ol' radio
    >plain ol' 12v charger
    >plain ol' climate control
    >plain ol' dash
    >plain ol' backseat
    >plain ol' seats/wheel
    >spare tire

for 20k

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mizoobeshee mirage

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I sat in one once. Sorriest car ever. It felt like a 90s Corolla without the excuse of being from the 90s

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All yours for under $17k and with a non-DI, n/a 4cyl mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as the Lord intended
      >inb4 SCUM
      There's nothing else left like it, especially at the price. No, I wouldn't drive one anyway but I'll shill it as it's going to be considered the last of it's kind in the future (for the US market, at least).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Good choice in manual
        Pic: Miata

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Where could I go to learn manual? t. newbie

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Vietnam

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>5 speed
        Not bad. I was expecting it to use a 6-speed though.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You have to get a Sentra for the 6spd, if that's even still available in manual.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why do people think electronics are expensive? Electronics are cheap as frick, you're not wiping $10k off the prices by removing a few screens.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Because OEMs rip people off and charge you $3000 more for a 2" bigger screen in the center console and 2 more speakers that cost them $20 each

It's standard, every fricking car option is like 1000-5000 and the materials and labor are nowhere close to that value. Even stupid shit like body accessories, a stupid plastic lip is $700 (Chevy Camaro) but it's just plastic that's worth like $30

FRICK SOCIETY
        DESTROY THE PLANET NOW
        MASS MINECRAFT ALL HUMANS

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It looks like a child's drawing of a car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kids always used to end up with a Lincoln Town Car in my day.
      When they start to draw people carriers then it's all over.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

real world MPGs are ~43-47

But otherwise, yeah it's basically the best standard sedan at the moment.

The problem is gonna be buying one as in my area at least, most of them are spoken for already.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota hybrids meet their mpg numbers unlike Honda hybrids.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Tell that to the reviewers and early buyers.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Link?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is there a better vehicle for the price?
    CPO Lexus ES300h, which is the same platform but slightly bigger and with more bells and whistles aside from wireless Carplay. CPO Toyota Avalon Hybrid if you absolutely need fold-down rear seats or else are dead set on “luxury car owner” stereotypes.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It’s a bloated anemic piece of shit. Frick off this is an auto enthusiast board.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Did OP post a bicycle?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>bloated anemic piece of shit

You mean it's faster than 90% of the cars owned by this "auto enthusiast board"... what with your 85 horsepower Miatas from 1985 and EG Civics with just a few mods... lol

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lol... you're so snarky and quirky dude, why not just get a tesla and shut the frick up. You occupy the same mental space, just make the jump, you aren't a car enthusiast. You think shitbox nu corolla with no steering feel, shit suspension, uninspiring engine, and no soul is a better car than a miata because it's faster.... Enough said, but the thing is you won't even understand the point. Just get a tesla so you can brag about your 0-60s and then proceed to drive slow as shit to conserve your power like the dumb npc you are.

• 4 weeks ago
          READ ME

Shut the frick up, you fricking child.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I agree with this post.
          Anyone who gets excited over a modern corrola is not a car enthusiast. Theyre a wrenchlet, pod-driving bug eater.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>modern corrola
            Camry

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>anemic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lol... you're so snarky and quirky dude, why not just get a tesla and shut the frick up. You occupy the same mental space, just make the jump, you aren't a car enthusiast. You think shitbox nu corolla with no steering feel, shit suspension, uninspiring engine, and no soul is a better car than a miata because it's faster.... Enough said, but the thing is you won't even understand the point. Just get a tesla so you can brag about your 0-60s and then proceed to drive slow as shit to conserve your power like the dumb npc you are.

I agree with this post.
      Anyone who gets excited over a modern corrola is not a car enthusiast. Theyre a wrenchlet, pod-driving bug eater.

I love all cars. Begone fakers

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I never really got the spending $30k+ on a econobox thing. Why not spend $10k on a used normal Corolla that gets 25/35mpg, 10k on fuel and invest the rest?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cause if I am sitting in my commute box for 1+ hour a day I would rather have it be comfortable and have android auto.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A $30k+ new econobox is not more comfy than a lightly used slightly older econobox. If anything the newer model is less comfy because it rides on rubber band tires and 22'' rims. A $300 head unit gives any vehicle android auto.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They couldn't even decide on which mesh pattern they should use. Talk about low effort.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nah, it's to tie it in with the X/SE trim

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>huge dense geometric mesh grilles in every car
          It's like they're having a contest to see which design can trap the greatest amount of snow and slosh.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>huge dense geometric mesh grilles in every car
          It's like they're having a contest to see which design can trap the greatest amount of snow and slosh.

that one's even more hideous
          what's that, like, 25-35% open? why do they insist on doing this shit?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ITS SPORTY

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>>51 mpg
    LOL NO
    >30k
    i could get a used '21 Civic Si for $20k and have a much more enjoyable car.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes, anything without an all digital dash

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>51 mpg
    >a bunch of shit that adds completely negligible cost to manufacturing and in some cases reduces cost
    >$30K

Yeah, how did they do it?

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$10K car
    >Some shiny screens
    >$30K plus tip please

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anon it's not 2002 anymore. $10,000 cars don't exist brand new.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Missing the point

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I get your point, you're just an idiot.

Inflation exists, there is NO way to get a new car costing $10,000 in the US and to pretend it "should" exist is just you pining after 20+ years ago, get back to reality.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Corolla and Camry from a few years ago was ugly. The only thing that looked good was the GR Corolla.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

meant to quote

It looks like a child's drawing of a car

https://i.imgur.com/mmYbhok.png

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

meant to quote

Your uber passengers will really enjoy it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why would someone Uber in a rally car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This car is ruined by tacked on ricer rear fenders and fricking hood events on a 3 cylinder.

GR Yaris looks like something they wanted to build, this looks like something they were forced to build.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>This car is ruined by tacked on ricer rear fenders
        The rear fender has juvenile styling but that's because rally cars are absurd in nature. If you are gay and don't like rally cars then just say so. Pic related.

>hood events on a 3 cylinder
        The heat extractor vents are functional and this car absolutely needs every last bit of cooling possible.

>GR Yaris looks like something they wanted to build, this looks like something they were forced to build.
        Well yes, Toyota is "forced" to make a hot hatch out of the Corolla instead because the base Yaris, more specifically this Toyota GA-B platform, is not certified to be sold in the North America (it's for Japan and Europe).

On top of that, Toyota is "forced" to make a spicy Corolla in response to how well the FK8 sold in North America, although GR Corolla and Type R don't specialize in the same areas (all weather/gravel grip machine vs knife edged for the track).

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

phone charger
    >high tech
    It's literally a spool of copper wire. There's absolutely zero significance to it's build except saving a few pennies. Your phone has some extra circuitry for charging off it's own pair of copper wire ofc.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>zero significance to it's build
      but high significance to user experience

15. 4 weeks ago
    READ ME

>AWD optional for only $1500
    >Full speed adaptive cruise and brake hold standard
    >Among the best self driving systems
    >0-60 in 7 secs, probably 6.5 with better tires
    >Most reliable transmission on the market
    >10 year, 150k mile warranty on battery

BTFO competitors. Ford, Chevy, Chrysler were right to bow out of sedan market.

Only vehicle more dominant in its segment is the Sienna.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>lists generic shit
    >HoW DiD tHeY Do It FoR inSaNe lOw 30k

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A fischer price gauge screen from china is cheaper than real dials, so that's a start.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i like my mazda way better and it doesnt have a cvt

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's a hybrid, it doesn't have a CVT either.

Both Honda and Toyota say their hybrid drivetrains use an "eCVT" but it's not actually a CVT at all.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>butt ugly
    hard pass

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the hatchback is better

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks better in silver

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I actually really like the new color for 2025.

And it's free, so that's nice.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get rid of adaptive cruise control and I would drive one.

Make adaptive cruise control and tech like it illegal.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You know you don't HAVE to use the adaptive cruise control...?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It activates itself.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> you can turn off Toyota's Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRC) by pressing the button on the steering wheel again. To activate regular cruise control, you can hold down the same button.
          okay

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it automatically applies brakes and forces you to stay in lane.

that tech should be illegal.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Adaptive cruise control should be on by default because it drives better than most normgroids

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

seats and steering wheel
    genuinely hate both of these things.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Wireless carplay
    Costs em like $15
    >Wireless charger
    Costs em like $5
    >Dual climate control
    Costs em like $50
    >All digital dash
    Costs em like $60
    >Rear ac and usb ports
    Costs em like $3.50
    >Heated seats and steering wheel
    Costs em like $60
    >Spare tire
    Costs em like $40

Damn bro, I wonder how they could squeeze all of those options into an car.

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is there a better vehicle for the price?

yes

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wait I'm not supposed to like this?

What's the actual reason why this is a bad car other than "it doesn't fit into my car enthusiast niche"?

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pointless flashy tech trinkets are actually cheap and everyone else is just making huge margin off of consumer stupidity. Look at apple vs any basic cheap smartphone you can buy.

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>civic hybrid overlaps with camry in price
    What's the point of the civic hybrid then?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Toyota and Honda aren't the same company.

Why wouldn't they overlap?

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Got my LE model last week. Already got 250 miles. Love it honestly. On most of my trips i've been getting 49-56mpg. My best was a ~30mile trip that averaged 71mpg. I've mostly been sticking to backroads which is great as long as no one is behind you trying to rush you over the speed limit which definitely won't help conserve the gas. When I did hop on the interstate I was getting basically 51-53mpg with mostly smooth flowing traffic.

I think a lot of it will just come down to how you drive and what mode as I've primarily just left it in Eco. Definitely can notice the difference between Eco / Sport acceleration but honestly didn't feel needed to sit in Sport. Also takes a bit to get used to when you're using ev vs gas, but once you get a feel for it you'll get much better mileage.

wireless charger btw is kind of garbage, but that may just be because i'm in Eco all the time so maybe it doesn't send much power to it? Rest of car is nice. Basically Toyota playing catchup tech wise. I think for the price there are better "tech" / look wise cars, but i think the Camry was a nicer ride + hybrid for the price.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>wireless charger btw is kind of garbage, but that may just be because i'm in Eco all the time so maybe it doesn't send much power to it?
      It's probably just a standard Qi charging mat that barely does more than 5-10W.

If you expect it to charge your phone in less than 3 hours, plug it in.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah just looking at the manual looks like 15W is the max, if your device is compatible otherwise it'll bet between 5-10W depending on versions and such.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah it's mostly just meant to keep your phone from losing power while providing a trickle/slow charge.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah that's exactly how it really feels like.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dayum niggolo, cumgrats. How you gotted one so quick? U rich mufugga? Tell me so I can cum rob yo haus

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Got lucky and found a place nearby that just so happened to be getting in the first batch in my area. Luckily it was the base model with just what i wanted so it was close to msrp besides a few packages. Since then though i've seen at least probably a dozen others on the road around here now so they are out and about now.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *