51 second vette Tsukuba

I know its been around for a while by now, but I seriously wonder what japanese dudes think about this car. Its like one of the first built vettes to hit time attack in tsukuba and its near the 50 second barrier already. I really wonder what it must be like to barely see stuff with a v8 in your domestic motorsports and then to see something like this for the first time. Anyone have any interviews of japanese people's opinion on cars like this? Other than bestmotoring c6 debut test

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

makes me wonder how well other american cars would do around Tsukuba if they were actually driven and set up by americans like that one.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty well considering a Jeep is faster around an American track than most nip sports cars.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

After setting multiple production car lap records o finally learns about feras because he took 3rd in weebland

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> 1 kilo HP
    Yeah well how many similar Nip cars are running that?
    But either way, Murica

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>barely see stuff with a v8 in your domestic motorsports
    lol

lmao even

#t=25s

Of course their two highest domestic categories were all flat crank V8s before 10 years ago. Anyways C6 Z06s have been doing time attack at Tsukuba since they were still in production. For some god forsaken reason they call them X245As.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>For some god forsaken reason they call them X245As.
      what in the goddamn

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The A seems to be for the aluminum chassis because they use it for the ZR1 as well while the LS3 cars are X245S (albeit the LS2s are just X245) but otherwise I guess it's just whatever the frick number GM put in the ID numbers for the Japanese market for who the frick knows what reason. C4s and C5s are CY15 and CY25, 6th gen Camaros are A1XC

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I can understand CY for Corvette Y-body or something, but those industrious little fellows are all over the place otherwise.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The A1 in the Camaro is the Alpha platform variant, and lines up with the system GM uses globally. An ATS-V sedan is A1SLV. 3rd gen CTS sedan is A1LL, CT5 is A2LL, C7 Corvettes are Y1XC and C8 Corvettes are Y2XC.

But the Japanese chassis code for a Sigma II CTS has another wack ass X322 and I'm seeing Sigma I CTS with AD32 and AD33.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Oh I left out the C or L at the end is just Chevrolet or Cadillac, presumably B and G for Buick and GMC.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I doubt they care
    V8 powered cars from America/Aus/NZ have been running there well over a decade

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>NZ
      NZ don't make cars, they never did.
      NZ don't make anything, or even have their own original thoughts.
      They rely on copying Australians and Americans for everything, industry, culture, music and so on

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Gentle reminder that we actually don't like Australians and we think America is a joke.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>we actually don't like Australians
          We get it, its hard living in their shadow and having no identity of your own.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who?
            Literally just sitting here scoring top marks on freedom year after year. Freedom to not give two shits about anyone else.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>top marks on freedom
            >imprisoned entire country and threw away bodily autonomy for a cough

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I obviously mean time attack cars built from country... it's a thread about time attack cars..

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

new zealand makes a lot of lumber, i see made in new zealand a lot with the fancy lumber at lowes. must be decent stuff if its worth paying first world wages to cut and mill it, then ship it across the ocean and across continential america to the east coast

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I really wonder what it must be like to barely see stuff with a v8 in your domestic motorsports and then to see something like this for the first time.
    you're a fricking moron lmao

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

First time japan had ever seen a V8 xdddd

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

American cars have always been present

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Only 264 km/h
      Second gen bros not like this...

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Oh cool, so it’s basically as fast as a solo guy’s S15 from 10 years ago

?si=mGFkKdfQqr2iUO6_

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a guy who has never driven on the track before is as fast as one of Japan's best who has been driving on that track for years and has had time to perfectly set up his car for it
      embarrassing for the japs, tbh.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>random salaryman who built his car himself in his garage is one of japan’s best
        TIL

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can watch Tsuchiya and team review newer corvettes. They say they’re fast, and have springs that are too stiff to enjoy on the street (but would probably be good on the track).

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I find it hard to take best motoring too seriously. It seems they purposely drive shittier or create issues for more entertainment value when it comes to cars that arent from a tuner.
      >Watched the one featuring a C7 Z06 and they were complaining about the auto transmission. Purposely boinked the thing so it was slower
      >Watched the one featuring a C7 Stingray and they loved the thing. They had no problems with the car despite it having the same auto transmission
      Watch any random episode and pay attention to their shift points and the lines they take when diriving and youll see what i mean.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>when it comes to cars that arent from a tuner.
        its any car that's not japanese. they want their own shit to win, so they create scenarios where the shilled jap car is going to win the battle.

Watch the battle with the GT2 RS 997 vs GTR vs LFA. the GT2 RS 997 brakes earlier despite having the shortest stopping distance of everything there by far, and the guy in the GT2 RS misses shifts whilst the drift asiatic in the GTR drives as aggressively and precise as possible.

its staged to make JDM look good.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ahh yes it would appear the children have found Japanese people tune American cars aswell. I assume only by discover of some donut or best motoring video has surfaced

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Op here I actually just was subscribed to time attack tsukuba's yt channel and checked back through. I feel like I've only noticed a handful of american stuff there so I ended up posting here for it. I'm not reddit enough for donut/fitment industries/le epic beginners guide to ___ car culture anomaly yet. In fact I think I'm just turning into a boomer who hates imports and exotics more than anything now

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>In fact I think I'm just turning into a boomer who hates imports and exotics more than anything now
        most people hit that stage in their lives. glad to see youve made it brother. Theres a reason most people buying jap and euro sportycars like the supra, m3 and type r are all weird early 30somethings. everyone who has matured that wants a sportscar gets a corvette/camaro/mustang or some other american car

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>TIL

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *