5th or 6th gen?

5th or 6th gen? Help me decide.
6th is superior in practically every way (looks are subjective), but 5th does cost less.

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

both are fine as long as you get the v8 manual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's the plan.
      Thing is I can pull the trigger on a 5th gen now, but I can wait to save up more for a 6th, and I feel like a lot say it is worth just waiting, even paying like an extra $5k-$10k for the same trim and mileage.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bayformers sucked

turd gen best gen

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

6th gen has MacDonald's in the front

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you got mcdonalds in your midsection.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Cope

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I dont know what the frick macpherson or mcdonalds struts are, but i dont think anyone really cares besides you lel.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek, fricking wrenchlet ricer

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek copelet seethelet ricelet 4 cylinderlet fwdlet weeblet

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

sucks you even gotta pick between these two

based

kek, fricking wrenchlet ricer

you could never be me but it's flattering that's you're doing your best.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get the 6th gen. 5th gen handles like a boat.
    I can answer any questions you have about the 6th gens

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm the one who's been asking you questions whenever I see you lel.
      So my search has been pretty difficult... Trying to find one with V8, manual, and sunroof. 2016-2018, because I dont like the facelift which you have (sorry). And no gray or white or yellow or orange (sorry again).
      So I found a blue 2016 2ss with white interior for $28.5k and 67k miles and I am absolutely mesmerized... Feels like I should jump on it ASAP but Id have to fly out to get it and drive it 10 hours home.
      What should I do in a test drive, like specifically look for? Are there any reliability issues at this mileage?
      I know these powertrains are reliable in general, but I just want to make sure there isn't some huge headache at 75k miles or something.
      This car would basically only be for leisure, like <5000 miles/year. So Im not too concerned about high mileage, my work is like a 5 minute walk from my house kek.
      Here in CA it's so hard to find good listings so Im getting desperate.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The redesign was rightfully poorly received. I didn't much care the 2020+ refresh at first but it really grew on me and I prefer it over the 16-18 now. I sought out a 1SS without many options on purpose. I didn't want a sunroof, leather or driver assists. I didn't care for the Bose audio either as I have a Hi-fi setup at home. I can listen to my music whenever I want, I can only listen to my car while I'm driving it.
        I thought I was getting mine for leisure as I traded my WRX in for it. I drove that thing less than 10k miles in 3 years. I've already put more miles on my Camaro in less than a year.

1) GM paint is very cheap. If it hasn't been already, you'll want to either get a ceramic coat or clear wrap. The flared rear fenders tend to accumulate rock chips and bug splatter. Mine already has a few spots I've had to fill with touch up.
        2) You'll want to get mudflaps for the reason above. The front wheel arches are shaped in such a way the it tends to ejects any little thing the wheels run over into the rear fender flares.
        3) The LT1 will run on 91 but it ain't happy with anything less than 93. I use 95 octane
        4) Some 16-18 had weak clutch master cylinders resulting the pedal "rarely" getting stuck. Check if its had that service done.
        5) The infotainment in the 19+ is much better than the 16-18

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

6) The trunk is really poorly designed. The weatherstripping around the opening tends to either break or get lose meaning water can intrude. Check for moisture / weird smells and the sort from the trunk. The wire harness that connects the 3rd brake light also has a tendency to get pinched in the trunk opening.
          7) LT1 is a direct injection engine so it is prone to carbon buildup. Check and change the oil often. I'm doing every 3000 miles.
          8) Skip-Shift isn't as big a deal as some reviewers say it is. Either keep it in 1st until 20mph or go past 1/3 throttle for like half a second to bypass it.

I wanted an orange one since I was a kid.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>6th gen
    I took one of those for a test drive. At a red light, I had to crane my neck forward to see the light because the windshield is so low. There is zero rear quarter visibility. Just horrific visibility from every direction but straight ahead.
    I'd take a refresh 5th gen if I had to

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Did you adjust the seat and mirrors correctly? I got some of those wide angle mirrors you stick on the side mirrors and that helped a lot. Maybe its because I've been driving trucks with campershells for 20+ years but I haven't had nearly the amount of visibility issues everyone else says they have.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do you think I'll be able to do a 10 hour drive home when I have never driven one before with these visibility concerns?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Have you tried test driving one closer to you? It doesn't have to be an SS or a manual to get a feel for it.
          You can get those blind-spot wide angle mirrors at any auto store, its like 5$.
          And if you're going to be on the freeway for most of the drive home, you'll probably be in the fast lane.
          How is your spatial awareness in general?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No I have never step foot in a Camaro in my life. Yeah I do plan to buy those mirrors... The specific listing I'm looking at is a 2SS so it does have blind spot monitoring and those types of sensors. I'd definitely have to get used to it. Maybe I'd split the ride home with some local driving on the first day.
            I should test drive to get used to the visibility though, you are right. But man these listings don't last forever, and I don't want to wait too much.
            Unfortunately the dealership doesn't deliver/ship either, so I can't just test drive it and have it shipped back.
            >How is your spatial awareness in general?
            I dunno, if I'm honest probably on the poorer side. But I try to be as safe as possible when changing lanes and stuff. Parking might be a struggle with how wide it is and the seating position.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I should test drive to get used to the visibility though,
            Test drive local listings I mean *
            Maybe I can rent one even. But as I said, if this one gets sold itll be a good few months before something similar comes up anywhere in a 500 mile radius.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I test drove 2 of them before I got the one I did. It was very overwhelming at first but after just a few hours you'll get used to it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm a manlet (5'10), I think ill be fine

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *