7.5 months until Norway bans new gas and diesel powered cars only. What are your predictions on what will happen?

7.5 months until Norway bans new gas and diesel powered cars only. What are your predictions on what will happen?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>June6, 2016

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People will buy cars from sweden.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>nearly 8 year old clickbait

kys

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Eh, here in the uk they are implementing ICEV bans based on location first.
    Then those ban zones spread...
    Picrel was last year, the next expansion will include Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire, and all the way to Slough in the West

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Shitholes with bumper to bumper metropolitan traffic need not apply.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>living in the south
      >living in a city
      Couldn't be me

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Shitholes with bumper to bumper metropolitan traffic need not apply.

Hmm Those counties are way out of the city, but how about all of Greater Manchester? Its happening everywhere in the uk, including blanket 20mph limits where 30's used to be. With average speed cameras too.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sounds like a city problem, there's nothing there to drive to so why live there? Also,
          >Manchester
          >North

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Its true that the zones are starting in cities and towns, but take picrel, for example. Thats no city.
            Its In the manchester bans.
            Its in every region of the uk

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not in mine, therefore not my problem. Go doompost somewhere else from your urban conurbation

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So then logic will dictate that Shetlanders will have pony drawn carriages to get around in the future?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why would you need cars on the shetland islands?
            I can understand a sailing yacht to get to Scottish soil.

[...]
            Cities are a miserable place to drive, dunno why anyone would defend the right to drive cars there

So you actually AGREE with the bans?
            Now you mention it I could get onboard with it too, if they improved public transport.

[...]
            [...]
            [...]
            spamming/flooding

Factually incorrect, newbie.

Not in mine, therefore not my problem. Go doompost somewhere else from your urban conurbation

>Not in mine
            Yet...

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>So you actually AGREE with the bans?
            They should extend it to all cars
            >if they improved public transport
            That's what I hope. If more normies are b8ed into taking public transport, it means more space on the roads for me. No I don't want to drive in the city, but most traffic is normies driving from suburbs into cities

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I mean thats pretty much what they are doing, but just with ICEs.
            Now when I park in the multistorey carpark at the office its almost entirely EVs. There's free charging too btw.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>That's what I hope. If more normies are b8ed into taking public transport, it means more space on the roads for me.

They are just going to raise the taxes somewhere else to compensate.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Yet...
            Living outside of the south and the cities, you find that the government is nonexistent, powerless and uncaring. The local authorities sometimes cannot afford frivolous luxuries such as school heating. Big London may proclaim "big no petrol zone nationwide!" and... nothing. The local authorities will repaint the speed cameras (which havent worked for years) as "petrol sniffing devices" and call it a day.
            The Orwellian nightmare ends where the budget cuts begin.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Like that time the welsh were made to implement the 20mph blanket limit?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I wish my local authority had the subsidies the Welsh national one does. Might actually get roads

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What county?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Enjoy driving 40 miles to a hospital during an emergency!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/CWzPtAS.jpg

[...]
      Hmm Those counties are way out of the city, but how about all of Greater Manchester? Its happening everywhere in the uk, including blanket 20mph limits where 30's used to be. With average speed cameras too.

Cities are a miserable place to drive, dunno why anyone would defend the right to drive cars there

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because suburbanites depend on cities having access by cars. Suburbs would completely be abandoned were it not for cities propping them up.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Good, suburbs were a mistake

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/CWzPtAS.jpg

[...]

https://i.imgur.com/HO0fe7A.jpg

Its true that the zones are starting in cities and towns, but take picrel, for example. Thats no city.
      Its In the manchester bans.
      Its in every region of the uk

https://i.imgur.com/ked74a5.png

spamming/flooding

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They will just drive electric cars...
    >Apr 4, 2024 — BEV share has, meanwhile, increased to fill the gap, from 83% share over most of 2023 to 90.2% in Q1 2024.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Those richgays jerk off to Teslas anyway. They literally sell oil to build up electric infrastructure.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I predict Norway will continue to be irrelevant

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

as a norwegian i will keep rolling coal
    get fricked

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the article is stupid old, as everyone in the thread has pointed out, but if they did it anyways i don't think anything would really happen. EVs are like 90% of new car sales in norway, nobody would give a shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

didnt even notice it, its from 2016.
      im not shure, it might be an upcoming ban in 2035 or something but so far its only been "cars" so not vans, trucks or large 4x4 suvs. only cars, its legal definition is slightly different here than what most know. and it cant be made retroactive, gas stations still need to offer gas to the existing gas cars for as long as they exist.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah. The EV only agenda is dead for now. Maybe in another decade.
    The big push is going to be hybrids and gas/hydrogen extenders.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

lol sauce? im norwegian and i know this wont happend.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *