UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>3cylinder
    >3cylinder GM

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

We need to go back to SOHC NA with timing belt and divorced water pump.
    Frick this over engineered turbo bullshit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Just stick to auto only eggshit on McDonald's you scared wrenchlet frick

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So stick to new cars with complicated dumb engines? But I like old cars with less complicated engines.
        Your attempt at a weird insult makes no sense.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

D series chads rise up

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We need to go back to crankhandle days. No fancy electronic bullshit. Model T was peak performance and feel. Small light no frills and maximum driving feel

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

We need to back to a time where MEN were riding horses.

Too far

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We need to back to a time where MEN were riding horses.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks a little bigger than my 3L 1.0 for some reason

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I clearly meant 3 cylinder but am too cool to check my post before posting

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>a little bigger
      Easily twice (or more) the horsepower and half (or less) the reliability of your classic. I'll have what you're having, please.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Highly based and esteemed Geo owner, god of commuting and shitting on hybrids, master of rally racing through neighborhoods and reaching 3rd gear before crossing an intersection

may your reverse synchro never go out on you

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I know someone who did a much worse job of this to a metro 5 door
        >no roof
        >no windshield
        >no doors/hatch
        >booger welded seat frame for a taller seating position
        >was trying to get it registered as a UTV

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

nippon, i kneel!

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you need small engines to power your shitty econoboxes, why not just pay motorcycle manufacturers to design an engine for you? Even Triumph's current assortment of triples walk all over the Ecotec in terms of performance.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

probably different standards for emissions and/or reliability. motorcycles probably don't have to get the same emissions rates, allowing them to make more power. they're probably also not as reliable.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'm not so sure. Eurogays have been really cracking down on bike emissions lately so I don't think it'd take much to get a Euro 5 or 5+ compliant engine to meet whatever standards are in place for cars.
        Reliability however I can certainly see the concern for, maintenance intervals on bikes can be significantly shorter than what you typically have for cars. But that really depends on the engine and application; ADV and Touring bikes can rack up miles pretty quick.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>why not just pay motorcycle manufacturers to design an engine for you?
      You mean Honda?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You can afford to have super peaky power curves with no torks to generate high peak HP/L when you're moving a 400lb vehicle that people will accept highway cruising at 7000rpm. As if it makes any sense to compare the engine performance of a $12,000 motorcycle to a $20,000 car ever to begin with, the engine in the bike is probably twice as expensive to build. Plus it doesn't have to cold start at -40 so they can run much tighter tolerances.

Honda literally transfers the same personnel between motorcycle, car, and racing divisions and Toyota has Yamaha designing engines and they are also building small turbos that are nowhere near the specific output of their NA bike engines either.

All that said frick 3 cylinders anyways.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Id drive an rwd crx size/weight car with a 18,000 rpm 200 hp motorcycle engine. That would be awesome.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

There are no 18,000rpm 200hp motorcycle engines. Most bike powered small cars use Hayabusa engines and those rev to 11k stock, the odd race car with a 1000 engine is like 13-14,000rpm, and stuff that borders on glorified go kart like FSAE and minisprints and shit with 600 engines might break 15,000 but those are only making 140hp at most.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR1000RR

Whatever 14K redline and 214 hp would still be fun in a hot hatch

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

me too anon, but 99.9% wouldnt, so it will never happen

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>explodes in ecotec

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Firing one cylider with high compression in 120 deg is better than firing one cylinder in 60 deg with low compression.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Muh 900cc 3 cylinder feckin gets it. With a little babby turbo.
    Beat a new Maverick R up Comp hill the other day, this thing is a runner.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

REEEEEEEEE

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Little babby

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like the idea, not the implementation. Automakers tend to treat them like an experiment on where cost cutting can be pushed to its absolute limits. If they stuck to a conservative design then these engines would be short change heroes that get poor people everywhere for little money.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My last car was a Fiesta MK8 with a 3 cylinder... Ford had done a good job balancing it, but I didn't like it that much

Certainly would never buy a 3 cylinder again. Current car is 4 and feels so much better

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

learned to drive on a 3cyl. volvo bm 430 tractor, 40hp na diesel, would haul 10tons down the road no fricks given with the most unlogical shift pattern ever, a clutch that required you jumping in it full body weight and on/off brakes on one rear wheel.
    thats how you learn to drive as a 12 years old.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>gm engineers be like
    >WE NEED TO SAVE 50 CENTS PER UNIT ISRAEL NEEDS DAT MONEY FOR MISSILES!!!!

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why the FRICK don't Toyota and gm just make a real i6 with this i3 tech? Jesus frick i want a 3jz vs vortech 2000

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *