>acquire cars. >find a lot to either purchase or rent. >pay rent or property tax on the lot. >park them

>acquire cars
>find a lot to either purchase or rent
>pay rent or property tax on the lot
>park them
>do nothing
>10 years pass
>do nothing
>die of a heart attack
>get scrapped
Why do boomers do this? I've seen this as long as I can remember, I've tried to look up if it was a business or who the owners are out of curiosity, but I never found out. It's had to been like that for at least 20 years.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They know what they got.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>dementia kicks in
      >literally no longer know what they got

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

hhhehehehehe

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

whew

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Frickin hell

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they grew up during the depression and then the war. they had nothing. my granddad used to say the only reason the bank didn't repossess the farm was because no one would've brought it. my gran went to her grave with drawers full of random bits of string.
    and then they graduated into the greatest economic boom in history. they could have anything and everything, and they did. they horded it. because that's what they grew up with. Keep everything in a death grip, or it'll be taken away.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what ethnics actually pay for repoed stuff in your country?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

we were majority white at the time, European setlers and migrants. sill are, but singh was the most common new sir name last year. so, the cycle begins anew, i guess.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>sir name

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This anon knows and gets it right.
      Well done

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no, that's the silent generation lol

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Boomers had Vietnam and the 70s inflationary malaise economy, and new cars were choked by smog and safety regulations so they wanted to keep some old cars for when they finally get around to them and enjoy driving the way it was meant to be. And now they are rich so they like all of those gay safety/emissions systems and free cookies/coffee when they hit the dealership for $5k in services or trade in for a new pickup

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

yeah, famously the boomers didnt know what they had when the fuel crisis happened, lots of extremely valuable cars were crushed or sold for dirt cheap. the throwaway luxury mindset started with them. they did everything in excess, except work hard

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>hard times make strong men
      And then the kids those people raised were boomers who took pretty much the opposite route in life in every possible aspect

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're getting the silent generation mixed up with the boomers. The silent gen remembers the war and depression. Boomers were born post war. But boomers are always more than happy to take clam on living through the hardest of times.

This anon knows and gets it right.
      Well done

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

silent generation told boomers to take and hold everything they got.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Which to be fair was good advice from their prospective. But silent gen horded food, cash, and materials like wood in my experience for obvious reasons. Boomers horded things. Boomers are the generation that movies used for the inheritance fighting at the law office trope.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it seems to be a running theme of post WW1 in which things change so much that older generation's ideals gets either misunderstood or itself is ourdated. for example a lot of boomers tell younger generations to 'work hard' to get ahead when in the current reality it is more about constantly expressing interest in promotions as well as being able to move to another company. I believe that there needs to be more willingness from older generations to see what changes in society and economics could affect their ideals rather than adopting a 'frick you got mine' mentality.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

My parents like exactly like that, but they grew up in communist Ukraine so it's ever so much worse with the hoarding and value shopping

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

hello odessa israelite. frick off back

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Baby boomers were born starting in 1945, dumbass. Everyone who experienced the depression is dead or damn close.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

boomer has n car in his name, car renters do not give thought to anything as long they manage to do delivery

4. 2 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

hoarding cars is based, buy low build projects high
    when you have space to store cars you can just casually buy them when good deals pop up, like someone saying you want this car for free or 300 dollars or whatever, you don't even think twice when you have space, you just say yeah man ill take that
    it's fricking amazing not being a bugman

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>park them
    >>do nothing
    Their property, their business. Even if they just wanna look at them all day, not my business. Stop coveting tht neighbor's possessions.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>I can deliberately let historically valuable items degrade to nothing and refuse to let anyone fix them because, I JUST CAN OK?
      Any car sitting for more than 2 years without running should be seized by the state and distributed to an DAtist looking for a project car.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>>I can deliberately let historically valuable items degrade to nothing
        Yeah that's how property works. Nobody is stopping you from taking everything you own and burning it
        >historically valuable
        >rusty inoperable corolla
        lol

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I used to make and install custom glass for random antique cars a rich boomer was collecting. he had a couple guys he paid full time to basically just get them running, I'd put some glass in, they'd chill that way. he'd planned to open up a museum with them but I think finding a property for that became difficult. those electric cars from the early 1900s? I've seen them in person. lot of wierd tech back then I didn't take a close look but I remember one car used a legit worm gear as a pinion in its differential which was open to the elements. like there was no housing. how they oiled it I do not know

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *