After a 5.5 year education at uni I've finally gotten my first job.

After a 5.5 year education at uni I've finally gotten my first job. I'm moving away after the summer to a village some hours away. In order to celebrate getting my first ever well paid job I'm buying a project car.

What car should I get bros?

I am really biased towards getting an older Volvo that's fuel injected.

I am open to everything though (except fricking hondas)

Give me ideas! I legit have no clue as to what I should consider getting other than a Volvo.

Budget is anything from 0-3000 dollars. Obviously very used, rusty, dog shit and non-running is fine.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Goal can be anything btw. I'll adapt my target depending on the car.

If it's a redblock, I will be putting a turbo on it and turn it into a drift car.

If it's something with LS I'll go for a drag racing type of build

if it's an oldie but goodie I'll restore it and have it as a summer ice-cream car.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

These used to be the DAfficial car of DA.
    They're excellent and easy to work on, and can be great for drifting if you're into that. But finding parts in present day, present time is difficult at least in the states.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Thanks for the reply anon, just had a message back from one of the firms that have made me an offer. Six figures starting AND they throw in a Tesla S Classe.
      Problem solved!

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Congrats OP well done for figuring it out for you are self

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

imagine how pathetic ones life has to be to go on one of the slowest boards on DA and falseflag any legitimate thread.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I live in Sweden and more or less have stores in every man's old barn where I can find parts.

The only thing that makes me want to try something else is that I literally just got done working on a 240. Removed old engine, bought scrapyard engine that I restored fully, new suspension components, brakes, transmission, clutch etc etc etc.

It made me realize how easy and comfy these are to work on. And I would not mind doing it again but instead going for power rather than just getting it back to original.

Thanks for the reply anon, just had a message back from one of the firms that have made me an offer. Six figures starting AND they throw in a Tesla S Classe.
      Problem solved!

have a nice day homosexual

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Drop a B58 into a long Volvo brick

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No need, i got a company Tesla now, with free charging at work.
      Swapping engines is for people who couldn't finish high school, let alone get a degree

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Oh ok

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Pretty based, now i can just sit in all day playing DOTA

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If I actually got a tesla I'd be fricked in the winter when it hits -40c.

Love that 50km range fully charged battery.

This is also not op typing this is some dude projecting

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This is just FUD spread by poorgays and useful idiots.
          The firm I work for runs a fleet of Teslas and our sales team drive all over the country in them.
          Most get about 400 miles on a full charge and our fleet management system confirms this.
          In the real world Teslas have pretty damn good range, as well as performance and that improves with updates and as new models arrive.
          The team love them, and they could choose an ice if they wanted, but literally nobody wants one when they have the choice.
          What it looks like is the only people who are upset about EVs are the ones who are turbed about not being able to afford one

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I can afford one though?

It just isn't possible to own one where I live now, and even less so where I will move.

This winter there were many stranded EVs on the highway because they couldn't make it to a charging station before they realized how much the cold affected them.

And the goal isn't to get an EV. The goal is to have a project petrol car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Actually what i wrote is true. We are ISO compliant and independently audited.
            For this reason we use Zoom meetings where possible, but due to the nature of our work our people have to be on client's sites regularly, including in some of the lowest temperatures in the world.
            Teslas are perfect for this compliance, and they also save us a pile of money on gas.
            Not to mention our team love them.
            When we first started making the switch over, we had a combination of Teslas and older executive cars and everyone wanted the Teslas. Now our fleet is going strong and we will rotate new ones in as they get too old.
            The mileage and performance is fantastic

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Man this bait is amazing because it leaves me wondering whether this is actually real or not. I can see some tesla gays actually cope in this manner, but at the same time I know it's most likely a shitposter. But for a shitposter to post this type of shit it'd require a degree of brain rot I've yet to encounter.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What would you have us do, take short haul flights? Thats much worse, and this way our reps arent wasting hours of dead time in airport lounges.
            Also, they love the cars, quite frankly and see it as part of their overall package.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

And fyi -40c is -40f, and there were days when it was even colder than that. I'd post a graph regarding battery efficiency in various tempranges but I doubt you'd be able to interpret it.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What about normie tier tessie M3's, are they as good as the S?

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Great question!
    I'm currently converting a 1991 SW20 MR2 to all wheel drive, using a cosworth MT75 gearbox, and running the diff upside down.
    The engine I'll be using a nissan VQ35, which I will be destroking to 2litres for rally regulations, and will be using a single IHI Turbine.
    I'm currently cutting the transmission tunnel, and my angle grinders a peice of shit, does anyone have any tips here? I've got through 6 of these fricking wafer thin discs so far, all they do is snap into peices.
    >Pic related, its the tunnel I'm cutting out the car. Its where the fuel tank would normally be but I'll be running one single carbon fibre fuel cell in the passenger footwell.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I can't help you with that one. Tried getting some new discs that are thicker?

I've got in storage a bunch of super old discs (20+ years) that I use for everything. One disc lasts me long enough to forget when I last changed it. But I am not doing constant cutting. But every time I'm in the garage I'll cut through various sorts of steel.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous
  6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Real shit though. What even is the point of me doing this.

In the end shit will be the same. I'll have a piece of shit car that I'm spending way too much money on. I'll have a house, I'll have a stable job and all that job will be doing is give me the opportunity to waste even more money on shit that doesn't even matter.

Working on cars give me joy and adrenaline whenever I drive it. Then the second I turn the car off after having finished it as a project I'm back to square one.

Feeling like all I do in my life is chasing money in order to do the one thing that gives me true joy.

Is this the way bros to live? Are we all just meant to find something that makes us truly happy, and then spend the rest of our lives trying to keep that something going so we don't feel empty inside?

If I went another route entirely. Got a different job, moved to a different city. Got a different hobby, wouldn't it all be the same in the end and my choices wouldn't have had an effect on my life after all?

I've been dealing with suicide of some near folks lately and I can't understand why they did it. They were some of the smartest people I knew, they weren't sad, they weren't lonely, they had a bright future.

I don't know why they did it, and why some decide to take their own lives. But I think some people do it because they realized that in the end nothing really matters.

One of them told me before he killed himself that the goal was to live for experiences. But he was experiences things, travelling and doing all of the things he dreamed off. Why'd he kill himself?

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

anyways, what do you guys think about this?

Can get a volvo Amazon for less than a modern redblock car. Could put in a b230 if I wanted to.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *