After hearing some cracking when i turn the steering wheel i found out this spring (pic is not my car) thing above on one of the front wheels has crac...

After hearing some cracking when i turn the steering wheel i found out this spring (pic is not my car) thing above on one of the front wheels has cracked in half in the middle.
The problem is i don't have money for repair so i have been just driving the car like this, it doesn't seem like there are any problems so far, is it dangerous? anything i should be worried about?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes.

2. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

you should get a new spring bro

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

unless i can find a mechanic that fixes cars for free that ain't happening
      like i said so far i haven't notice any issues and it's been a few weeks, and it will be at least two more months until i can afford to fix it, but since there have been zero issues so far apart from some cracking noises i thought about just not fixing it at all since i really need to save money

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

I had a blown strut and replaced the entire suspension assembly for like $140 each with just the cheapest pre-assembled unit I could find for my car. You should replace both the front or both the back, depending on which side it's broken so the car doesn't sit wonky. It's an easy self install, yoi remove the wheel, remove the brake disk, remove and swap the suspension assembly, put the brake disk and wheel back on. You need the tools too though and a pretty decent breaker bar.

Mechanics are going to charge you a shit ton just to do that, so unless you have a friend with tools, I guess you have to sit with it. Have you not heard of credit cards or not being a Black person and working so you have spare money? You can probably ride like that for some time without issue, idk. Some cars don't even have suspension springs.

3. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

How long have you been driving it like that for? I wouldn't really risk driving a car with suspension issues at all unless you live in the city and your commutes are 10 minute drives where you never really go over like 20 mph

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

few weeks, usually it's around the down but i do drive on highways from time to time altho that shouldn't be an issue since it's a flat straight road so there isn't really any stress on the suspension on highway

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

>there isn't really any stress on the suspension on highway
        A car moving at 70mph over a road surface actually has quite a lot of energy going through the suspension as it crosses over undulations and imperfections, especially if it's a heavier one.

4. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

DA - poorgays
    OP do you at least have a job? Next paycheck you should try to get this fixed, when if it means eating homemade roasted chicken and rice corn the rest of the the month (buy a whole chicken and eat that for the week, less than ten bucks and all big bag of rice is less than 5)

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

A whole chicken is only 1500 calorie. How you gonna live for a week on a chicken?

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Really liked 2k cooked and seasoned with rice and beans that's plenty of calories tbh.

>OP do you at least have a job?
        nope i am living from a welfare check to a welfare check (not that i can't work, i just don't want to), roasted chicken only happens when i find some big discount at a supermarket, there is no expense i can really cut to get extra money i am already running on minimum budget, so it will be at least several months until i can save enough to have this repaired, the thing is the whole car is a rusty piece of shit so it feels bad even investing more money into having this fixed since i have no idea how much longer will the car work anyway

Hope your struts snap and you ack on the highway lazy homosexual. Enjoy death because it is near.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>OP do you at least have a job?
      nope i am living from a welfare check to a welfare check (not that i can't work, i just don't want to), roasted chicken only happens when i find some big discount at a supermarket, there is no expense i can really cut to get extra money i am already running on minimum budget, so it will be at least several months until i can save enough to have this repaired, the thing is the whole car is a rusty piece of shit so it feels bad even investing more money into having this fixed since i have no idea how much longer will the car work anyway

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Based, but at least borrow money from someone you know and pay em off.

Really liked 2k cooked and seasoned with rice and beans that's plenty of calories tbh.
        [...]
        Hope your struts snap and you ack on the highway lazy homosexual. Enjoy death because it is near.

Seething wagecuck lmao

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

Poorgay cope
          >borrow money
          What a solution!

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Dumb Black person everyone borrows money, rich or poor

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous
      • 5 months ago
        Anonymous

real shit op. can you wrench? the cheapest and surest way you can avoid catastrophic damage to the rest of your suspension is by stacking washers on top of your shock. that way the piece of shit doesn’t compress too much if your spring blows up into two pieces after you hit a pothole or somehow let the suspension droop down far enough to let the two pieces split. (if that’s even possible). be careful lifting this thing up. the spring won’t go anywhere but i assume it’ll make a lot of noise as you take the load off it

5. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

when you neglect maintenance issue on a car it will cascade into causing more parts to fail which will be more expensive. if your spring is broken, next will be your shock, followed by your suspension bushings and probably your wheel bearing while you're at it

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

i bet his tie rods are shit too

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

probably
        also forgot to mention the tires wearing prematurely because the suspension isn't working properly

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

true, actually OP,if you're still alive, post your tires pls. I want a laugh.

6. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

You can replace it yourself in like a couple of hours at most

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

can i? i looked up the spring and it only costs 20 bucks, i could easily afford that
      is it as easy as changing a tire?

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

you can do it with spring compressors and basic hand tools, it just takes a little while because compressing a spring by hand sucks
        even if you're not mechanically inclined, you could easily knock out one corner in an afternoon

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

can i? i looked up the spring and it only costs 20 bucks, i could easily afford that
          is it as easy as changing a tire?

oh also depending on the shitbox they make quick struts with already come assembled with a spring. obviously they're more expensive but might be worth saving the stress, and cost of buying the spring compressor

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

so basically i just need some socket wrenches and this thing for the spring?

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

yes, they're sold by the pair. lowering springs were the first "real" wrenching I ever did on a car as a young moron. took me a while, but its not complicated
            trust me op, worth it to pinch to get this done rather then deal with all the other shit that ends up failing cuz you let it go

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

i don't know anon, it seems kinda scary this is a tutorial for the exact car i have

and he has to take the whole thing off with a hammer and my car is rusty as shit so i am worried i won't be able to put it back on

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

looks like a captive shock, so there's a metal ring that clamps the shock with a slot in it, and the bolt goes through that. you just need a wedge/chisel to force the ring apart and the shock will come out.
            If concerned about rust, buy a can of penetrant or mix 50/50 atf and acetone, soak the fasteners for a few days before you do the job.
            if you start rounding off bolts just stop. a little hand propane torch is a godsend on rusty cars too
            for maybe $80-100 US you should be able to get everything you need for the job

a pic would help. if it's extraordinarily rusty it may not even be worth the trouble. you'd have to cut the hardware and replace it if it's too bad

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Driving around with a snapped spring will frick up the rest of your front suspension, it will quickly get from a quick one time expensive fix to something worth more than the car is.
            That being said the whole front strut should be held on with like a nut from the top and 2 pinch bolts from the bottom, then it just kinda shimmies its way out from the strut tower. Worst case scenario you'll have to take the brake calipers apart too to get more room to work on it. I had to do that on my whatever the guck it was vw polo, which technically is the same car as the Škoda in the video.
            Ps. Buy a REAL Škoda, none of that germoid trampled garbage.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

>i don't know anon, it seems kinda scary this is a tutorial for the exact car i have
            have confidence anon
            if you hit a problem come back and we'll help walk you through it
            the only thing you really gotta worry about is not squishing yourself lifting the car
            if you buy anything, get a good pair of jackstands

7. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Just had a spring replaced, since it was in the middle of the winter, no garage or proper tools. I let some professionals deal with it, $250.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>, $250.
      Black person you got scammed, i had two of mine replaced few months ago and it cost me little over $100

8. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>pic is not my car
    Can you provide a pic of your broke spring?

9. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

I bought a beater foxbody mustang.
    I was doing 125+ mph on the freeway.
    It sat funny so I took it to a frame shop months afterwords. They looked at it and said $1,800 to out it on the jig to straighten it out.
    A couple months later I was changing wheels and noticed one of the rear springs was broken in half.
    Couple hundred bucks for a set of variable rate springs and it sat level.

Point being- it didn't have a catalyclismic failure while driving.
    And junkyard springs are cheap.

10. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

kek the absolute fricking state of communists

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

>our spring

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *