Alfa Romeo Giulia

I need a family car that I won't hate to drive. A base model Giulia with 50k miles is $10k here. Talk me out of it (an e92 M3 is $14k, for reference; I hate the steering on modern BMWs, but the e92 apparently is the last one that had decent steering, and it has a DCT and more space)

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Yeah have fun loading kids and car seats into a car that sits 2'' off the ground. I also don't know why you would want your kids heads at bumper level with the average vehicle. Grow up and get a Trackhawk.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

A trackhawk only has a 4 star safety rating. A giulia has a 5 star safety rating. Jeeps are also huge pieces of shit, and I'll never own one.
      https://www.media.stellantis.com/uk-en/alfa-romeo/press/alfa-romeo-giulia-earns-five-star-ncap-rating

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>safety rating

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

They don't test them across weight classes

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>safety rating

cope

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I hope you understand that Alfa and Jeep are literally the same company.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

OMG California and Texas are part of the same nation, heckin heckerino that must mean they are exactly the same.

WTFFF that nuclear reactor was made by Rolls Royce?! It must have hand stitched leather!

GYATT! That RAM pickup is basically a FIAT!
          What are you 12 bro? Subsidiaries can have enough autonomy to be better than their brothers and sisters. Also, companies can produce vastly different products of different quality.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Alfa Romeos are made in Italy. Jeeps are made in Detroi and India. If you can’t understand the difference, you might be a Black person.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

So neither jeeps nor alfas are made by whites

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

It seems like the 280hp version is the best buy? There’s a lot of 200hp “super versions”, but it sounds like they miss out on practicality and comfort (folding seats, comfy seats, etc). I’m interested in it for the “telepathic steering” and practicality, not necessarily for raw speed. My BMW was alright with speed, practicality was decent, but steering was a deal-breaker.
            Also, any comments on the brake by wire? I’ve heard it lets off the backs right before you stop (presumably to make stopping less jerky in traffic).

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Um I'm just a car photographer, get trolled.
            Plebbit is far better than this shithole if you want specific advice or knowledge about a model, just make an account and ask.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The 280 horsepower multiair is indeed the better buy. More reliable and better mpg, also recent tuner houses have shown it can run 400hp reliably with a hybrid turbo and a tune, no other mods required. They even have a video of them intentionally heat soaking the vehicle to stress test it. So for an extra $2,000 you almost have a more reliable quad. Worth it.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

That’s what I was thinking. 280hp is probably fine as-is, but if I get bored I could tinker (probably needs an LSD first).

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I believe the 2020 models and beyond came with an LSD if they are the TI Sport or Veloce

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

Is there a difference between those engines? I thought the GME 2.0 was the same engine with different tunes.

https://i.imgur.com/irR5A5X.jpeg

AMA

How many miles? What did you have to fix/replace so far? I assume the battery since everyone says it's shite, but there were also some occasional problems with fuel pumps.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

>Is there a difference between those engines?
            The 2017 low spec (200hp) vs mid spec (280hp) engines are exactly the same. The 2018+ low spec engines apparently have weaker heads, but still boost to ~320hp just fine with only a software upgrade per some owners.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

the WD platform of the GC and Durango is actually a Mercedes W163 M-class

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Safety ratings don't necessarily mean anything. I know that euro NCAP counts in electronic nannies so it's impossible to tell which part of the score actually applies to crash safety.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

3rd world worries

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>and it has a DCT
    Haha frick that, zf8 is infinitely more livable
    Base Giulia is nice enough as long as you get 2020 or later

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

AMA

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

How many times has it been to the shop?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

good choice with rosso etna, leased that one and I still almost regret moving to the grey quad

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Have you sat in the backseat of one? I heard its more of a 4 door coupe than a real family sedan

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>Talk me out of it
    Auto only

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Giulias are ok if the engine is still god.
    That ought to be what makes or breaks your deal.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>family car that you won't hate to drive
    Stelvio

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

come home white man

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I want one so badly but a good used Veloce is still like 30k in Germany

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

They're only $10-15k with low miles in Japan. Just import one to Europe. Also, the base models can be tuned to be virtually the same (apparently after 2017 they have slightly weaker engines, but the 2017 models were literally the exact same engine, just de-tuned). Then upgrade the brakes if you want.
      https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/15/700020640930240607003.html

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *