All-show-no-go-bros, our response???

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>chally 4 exhaust tips
    >160mph
    haha no. chally had worse cx than charger. there is another thread where guys discuss aerodynamics of classic mucles

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i love the old police cars that had the aerodynamics of a brick but the engine still had enough grunt to overtake at 130

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>chally had worse cx than charger
      How is that possible. There's no way. The Charger's flying buttresses are terrible for aero, how can anything be worse. The Challenger has a smooth back

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Ground clearance much higher and it's basically creating so much lift and so little downforce that Charger's flying buttresses seem not so bad anymore. Challenger literally starts floating at around 120-130mph while Charger only wobbles but stays on ground.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

What the fugggggggggggg

Why are all my favorite cars undrivable at 120-130+? God fricking DAMN IT

I am coping and seething right now

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>2
      Dawg, they all came with quad tips, what are you talking about? Google "70 Challenger rear," they're all 4. Even the 72s had quads.

Captcha: V8

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

my bad confused tips with whole exhaust

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

also what's 1.8 60'?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

idk but last night i put a 1.8 inside your mom’s 60

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

fugggg

https://i.imgur.com/ydbO1vq.jpg

[...]
        1.8 seconds to do 60 feet on a drag strip

60 foot time

thanks famalaflimflamzimzam

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

idk but last night i put a 1.8 inside your mom’s 60

1.8 seconds to do 60 feet on a drag strip

60 foot time

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>8 fog lights
    As god intended.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what 2003 forum post did you pull this from?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If i was from a forum in 2003 the car on the right would be an F150 Lightning. Bragging about a pickup truck being faster than an economy car that was half the price was a big deal at the time.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Both these cars were slow, the civic just doesn't sound as nice. I'm so tired of these arguments because the whole discussion of displacement and import vs domestic that arose in the first place because it was becoming outdated to run carbed big blocks connected to a hydramatic that sapped 30% of your power. Muscle cars were only fast at their time. 90% of them did a quarter mile on par or slower than minivans now. An original 69 zl1 camaro put out 500+ horsepower and yet did a 13.1 1/4 mile. Muscle guys got pressed over commuter cars matching them on the strip, so they turned it into an identity that they could latch onto to defend themself because times were changing and it was no longer the age of american dominance. The only reason this stuff still makes rounds is because the tuner culture of the 2000s hasn't aged well while domestics have brought back 60s nostalgia to bank on. Young dudes are gonna argue with boomers till the end of time. All that matters is everyone makes good cars and drivetrains now so its pointless to argue over brand loyalty and nationalism

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>everyone makes good cars and drivetrains now

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

My bad. I mean most do. Almost every manufacturer to date has made an engine that either can last 200k miles, or put out 400hp. Even hyundai has been able to push out something that someone would have a reason to boost. Maybe not daewoo but they're barely a company anyway

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Some of this doesn't make any sense. Low 1/4 mile with a 1.8 second 60 foot? That'll end up being like a 14~15 second 1/4 mile, hardly anything "low". High dollar port job yet still only 320 horsepower. No traction yet has big slickers, kek.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Found the EK owner

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Its just another boomer post saying "my (old) good. Yours (new) bad. The same boomers also call a buick lacrosse "sporty and luxurious"

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

boomers have been permanently angry ever since EFI 4 cylinders put their gigantic slow barges in the dumpster

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They literally never did.

Not in terms of reputation, not in terms of respect, not in terms of value, not even in terms of performance. Every new drag record that comes out is using modified big blocks. Sorry about your cope.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Your average boomer isn't keeping up with professional drag racing or top fuel so the statement still stands. I still remember how asspained boomers were 20 years ago when Turbo Civics and DSMs (later Evos and WRXs) put down the same 1/4 as their built nitrous Foxbodys and S10s/Novas. Now it's Tesla Plaids and Turbo BMWs running times that still get you kicked off tracks for not having a cage.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Reputation? Respect? Value? Are we still talking about cars? See this is what I mean by boomers turning their favorite cars into an identity like hell's angels and harley. Its moronic. Times have changed and you can't accept it so you start saying cars aren't "real cars" because what? Fuel injection? Dual clutch transmissions? Awd? Transverse layout? Not 8 cylinders? At some point people gotta realize the whole boomer identity with hot rodding is built upon people who actually broke their own molds from years before. The dudes modding their b18's to beat rich guys in their vipers and corvettes are no different from the kids back in the day making t buckets and messing with flatheads to beat the rich ferrari and bugatti drivers of their era. History repeats itself and boomers became the thing they grew up learning to take pride in beating

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Conversely, I don't see what you people are trying to argue in the first place either. That it's faster? Safer? Cheaper? What? If it all comes down to metrics and paper specs, what does any of this matter? The other side of the argument is just as moronic if we boil everything down to reductionist "objectivity." You like what you like. Unless you're on here I guess, then you only hate what other people like and use that as an identity in itself.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The point is newer is objectively better performance wise but people refuse to accept it because its different. There's a whole generation of car guys who refuse to acknowledge anything other than domestics and its annoying because they make up pedestals that are untouchable and then assert them into our shared reality. It'd be nice to have the shared wisdom of multiple generations of car enthusiasts but half of it is squandered on dudes who couldn't figure out a better fuel system than what came out in the 19th century. Like literally there was a whole wave of mechanics that left the field because they didn't wanna adapt to efi. Its a shame and it'll forever be a thorn in the car community's side. We have people who think driving trucks that face the sky and cars that go through tires and oil pans monthly from camber are cool. We don't need dudes in cargo shorts and new balances shitting on someone's evo build because their dad was still sour over pearl harbor and had to sell his grand marquis for a pinto in the oil crisis

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Only cosmetic shit i ever did was leds rims and hood scoop got mad attention sadly totalled that car went back to stock now na+t sleeper xr6

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

where's the boomer forum copypasta

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Meanwhile the 370hp '70 Challenger 440 only posted a 13.6 quarter-mile

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>what is tire technology
      Take the same exact car, put modern sports tires on it, see what happens

Same thing works in reverse. Pick whatever modern car you want that you think is fast, and put skinny bias plies on there and see how good you do

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Have you ever actually driven an old 60's muscle car? Pretty much everything about it is miserable. No road feel. No brakes. No cornering... their only saving grace is straight line acceleration, and a lot of them didn't even have that unless you bought some high end trim/spec. It's an extremely overrated driving experience.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

60s no but 70s yes and it was surprisingly fast despite enormous size

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah the nostalgia carries them. At the time they were amazing because every car sucked, and for the first time you could buy something affordable that kept pace with a ferrari which also sucked but was fast. It felt great to people who were used to about 70hp pushing a 3000lb car. Its like being a kid and riding a bicycle and then trying a go kart or dirtbike for the first time. Imagine how excited engineers must've been in the early 1900s to drive something that broke the 100mph barrier. The difference with boomers is their feelings and opinions were validated by the fact cars stayed slower for another 30 years after the oil crisis so they think it still applies

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I had a 74 Nova with 4 wheel drum brakes, that shit took 3 business days to stop

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah

60s no but 70s yes and it was surprisingly fast despite enormous size

This

Literally daily it no issues. You're a pretend hater larper so you think people will admire and respect you for having contrarian cred. Doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/JU1hpPO.jpg

Yeah the nostalgia carries them. At the time they were amazing because every car sucked, and for the first time you could buy something affordable that kept pace with a ferrari which also sucked but was fast. It felt great to people who were used to about 70hp pushing a 3000lb car. Its like being a kid and riding a bicycle and then trying a go kart or dirtbike for the first time. Imagine how excited engineers must've been in the early 1900s to drive something that broke the 100mph barrier. The difference with boomers is their feelings and opinions were validated by the fact cars stayed slower for another 30 years after the oil crisis so they think it still applies

Same for you. You've clearly never had any experience outside of reading magazines. But why am I not surprised. Look where we are.

I had a 74 Nova with 4 wheel drum brakes, that shit took 3 business days to stop

Check your brakes. I have a 4,000 lb all drum vehicle and it stops excellently. It's huge even by 70s standards and handles and stops great

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

where is the lie in what I said. 60s and 70s boats suck ass at everything except going 55 in the right lane. It doesn't take a genius to realize leaf springs with a solid axle and a literally newly invented hydramatic transmission is a recipe for the slushiest car ride possible. 0-60 in 8 seconds is not impressive for anything sporty. Also drum brakes all around suck once you start using them but chances are you're not city driving or going downhill in the rain so you'll never notice it as long as you can still lock them up whenever.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>where is the lie in what I said
          theres no lie, you just assumed all 60s and 70s cars as boats. some were damn good and not only in straight line. plymouth from 70s is just a solid car

there was huge change by the end of muscle cars era when they suddenly become much more driveable. 60s cars were designed for cool looks and they were boats but 70s cars were designed for aerodynamics on race track from high speed oriented like nascar to corner heavy trans am series
          60s cars were mostly boats, 70s ones were damn good and 0-60 in 5 seconds like plymouth from 1970 is not a bad result even by todays

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>some were damn good and not only in straight line. plymouth from 70s is just a solid car
            I mean they were at the head of performance when they came out but I still wouldn't call a gtx or a chevelle "light" or "sporty". They had the wheelbase of a c10 and weighed 3500lbs. Even the corvette of that era was body on frame and weighed 3500lbs. America just didn't make real all round sports cars till the late 70s into the 80s when they were forced into smaller architectures. Trans am racing didn't have much bearing on actual road cars around that time since it was mostly dominated by porsches and datsuns after the 60s with the occasional amc win. Meanwhile drag racing was all the rage. Its really a shame because nascar also could have gave us sleek and competent road racers but they killed any advancement that wasn't pushing out more power from a bigger v8

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>THIS APPLE FROM 1880 IS DIFFERENT FROM THID ORANGE 0N 2040
            good god listen to yourself

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>boat is not boat
            >boat is boat
            >boat is not boat cause I think some boat were fast and move around good like race boat
            >boat is boat because go in water and drive
            is that hard for you to understand? I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you hear yourself?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>fricking aztecs, primitive c**ts don't even have internet lmao

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the fastest stock car in the quarter mile right now is a dodge challenger variant so idk wtf everyone is talking about

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

And it has a 100k pricetag
      meanwhile any used tesla would be a second behind it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

yeah but thats new challenger
      op mentions 1970s one
      1970s challenger was in fact slower than charger

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The Charger is still more expensive than the Challenger for some reason though

The modern ones, their MSRPs

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>no show

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All goes in my tuned and performance modded accords that are classified as sleepers because I know put any stickers or do anybody kits or any fricking thing to them. I nuclear obliterate so many cars that I shouldn't. Now I have a Civic and for some reason can do the same on 325s and V6 mustangs and the like.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *