Am I a bad driver or genius?

I never turn my head when I'm passing someone or merging, I always trust my side mirrors and have good enough spatial awareness to know when I can go in front of them.
It seems like there's zero risk if you adjust your mirrors properly.
Does anyone else do this?

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes but my car has blindspot detection lights in the side mirror and warning sounds.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I always turn my head since I don't trust a random car from shooting in out of nowhere at the last minute.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

When someone talks about visibility concerns in a car I am so confused, like who cares that the pillars behind you are massive? You have mirrors for a reason.
      Ok sure when you're reversing that can be a problem though.

You can see that in your mirrors as well.
      And while you turn your head to see the random car, a car in front of you could randomly stop.

yes but my car has blindspot detection lights in the side mirror and warning sounds.

Mine does not rip.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>When someone talks about visibility concerns in a car I am so confused, like who cares that the pillars behind you are massive? You have mirrors for a reason.
        Have you ever been in a 350z with stock mirrors? I could never drive that car downtown; way too stressful.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>And while you turn your head to see the random car, a car in front of you could randomly stop.

This is why proper following distance is important.

its literally a half second look, and provided you're at a correct following distance you should still have time to brake.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Used to do this until one time a small suzuki alto was PERFECTLY in the tiny blindspot on my mirrors and I almost crashed into them. I think it's just not possible to not have a blindspot plus come on its 1 second to not risk crashing

As in I literally I almost drove straight into them they swerved almost hit a parked car in swerved
    A lot of beeping and yelling

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bad driver

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only if you have mirrors with a cut out for watching your blind spot. I love these things, hate when I drive another car without them.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The mirrors don't cover blind spots which exist even if they're adjusted properly, depending on vehicle. You either have a vehicle with great visibility or you drive in an area that isn't hectic at all. I'd crash multiple times daily if I just didn't check my blind spots. There's always some idiot who doesn't know how to stagger properly and just rides blind spots.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I want to look at breasts, I'm gonna look at them with my full field of view, not through a keyhole.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You have to be careful about new cars spawning in next to you

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are bad and will eventually kill a motorcyclist.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wait that's bad?

Side mirror still have blind spots you dumbfrick.

Passing is one thing as you can spatially reason where the other car is but merging you should at least look once, as some could have pulled into the lane you're trying to get into and you not notice til the last second.

Only a motorcyclist could exist in my blind spot.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you have a good spacial awareness, well you only know by verifying.
    If you have those convex mirrors, you don't need to turn your head.
    If you drive with your windows down you can hear all the cars around you. Even more in a convertible

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Side mirror still have blind spots you dumbfrick.

Passing is one thing as you can spatially reason where the other car is but merging you should at least look once, as some could have pulled into the lane you're trying to get into and you not notice til the last second.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are good and will eventually kill multiple motorcyclists, god willing.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you're fine as long as you have extremely good positional awareness. the only important thing is to know exactly where any vehicle visible in your side mirror is relative to your own vehicle. properly set up mirrors shouldn't have your own vehicle visible in them at all, which is extremely dangerous for most road going morons

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You dont have full vision to rear so you can't judge how many errors you have done. Kek. People like OP should have permanent ban for driving.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Uh zero errors. You just have poor spatial awareness which means you should probably get a permanent ban too.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have my side mirrors facing very outwards and I do the same thing.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yep that is the correct way.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>It seems like there's zero risk if you adjust your mirrors properly.
    I live near boomers. This means the passing lanes are the slow lanes. Sometimes the slow lane is also a slow lane, too.
    This results in people using merging lanes or even the side of the road to pass the boomer blockade. Some of these drivers are inexperienced and drive right up your blind spot from off the road. If you don't turn your head, you won't notice there is suddenly a car in the car shaped hole you are trying to occupy.
    Until the day of the pillow, you should probably check by turning your head. Boomers make the road way more dangerous than it needs to be.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I refuse to believe there is a single car out there in which you can't adjust the mirrors such that:
      >The moment it leaves your rear view mirror it enters your side view mirror
      >The moment it leaves your side view mirror it appears in the window next to you
      Yes there are still blind spots, but only which motorcyclists can fit

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *