am i an idiot for changing my full synth oil at 4k?

am i an idiot for changing my full synth oil at 4k? i put like 1k miles a month so im basically changing it 3 times a year. Am i pouring money down the drain? should i leave it in longer?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Full synth is good for a year so yes you're kind of moronic

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Change your oil every 5,000 miles in naturally aspirated cars, and every 3,000 in turbocharged cars,

moron.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're the moron who can't read

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

moron.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>believing everything the israelite tells you

i bet you also think god is real

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This isnt 1995 boomer. Oil lasts more than 3k miles now

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Don't care

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not everyone can afford the super duper oil that lasts 20,000km

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

And engines are more high strung now than in 1995. Do your oil every 3k in a turbo car.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nope, chance it every 2k

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Dude, now it's 7k with synthetic in an NA and 5k in a turbo

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the car and how much you like it. Regular maintenance is a good thing to keep up with, but you could probably stretch it to twice a year without messing anything up. Are you doing other maintenance like keeping the front end greased and your tires aired up?

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All modern car oils are full synthetic. Maybe you are wasting littlebit of money but then again oil change is the most important service to a car.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Sticking EV charger up the ass

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

full synthetic can do 10k and still have plenty of life left in it under normal conditions. i change my daily's sythetic around 8-10k depending on time of year.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

toyotas are grenading themselves becasuse the owner manual called for 10k intervals

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nu-Star Wars

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if your engine uses less than 5w30, changing it less than every 5k is ideal.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I never change my oil, I just add more

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it saves so much on filters too. when the engine gets gunked up just sea foam it and all the waste goes out the back anyway. perpetual oil is best oil. maintenance gays on suicide watch

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Send some to blackstone next time you do a change and they should tell you if it's too early. $35 and it'll pay for itself if you can change it less frequently.

You should still change the filters, moron.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I change mine every 3k on my tuned turbo car with a group IV german meme oil, idc because it's cheap insurance (like $70 every 4 months including oil filter). I also change my heat range 9 racing spark plugs every 20k.

>blackstone
          do this if you really care that much about saving money on oil.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I usually go 5k or 3k if i've driven it hard.
    I sent my oil in for my car to this company that examined it for parts and status and over the years they've told me to go further based on the oil samples.
    Started doing oil changes around 7k or 5k ive driven hard and they say the oil has life left to it. sent them an oil change at 10k and they told me it was too much oil was spent. going 8k and going to send a sample in. but OP you could probably do it every 6k or so.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I always follow the constructor's recommendations and I've never had an engine failing on me in my 39 years on this awful planet. Cars I've owned so far: Fiat 600, Mitsubishi Colt, Mini, Ford Focus, VW Golf.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah. You can do 8K, easy, on synth, but the problem is the filter - I would still change that every 3,000. It's messy, but just replace the oil you lost and clean it up.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *