Americabros. How do you cope with the fact that youll never get to buy a modest sized pickup again?

Americabros

How do you cope with the fact that you’ll never get to buy a modest sized pickup again? Even the new ford rangers are double the size of what they used to be. The EPA will never allow you true consumer freedom because the “free market” is a myth

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>shitty ass truck bait thread after shitty ass truck bait thread
    this is the lamest DA meta. i miss GTR vs Corvette shitposting and Alphonse shilling ecoboost. NotJustBIkes gays aren't even car enthusiast.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Even the new ford rangers are double the size of what they used to be
    Fun fact: they're not. The only reason you think this is because there's no more scsb option which is what most old rangers were.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

so the 2020 4 door ranger is 6 inches longer than a 2000 extended cab s10. do you think they gave the second row only 6 inches? no they took away bed space. you can be a gay and say the trucks are similar size which yeah they kind of are but the cargo room is gone. the people that want these trucks dont want passenger space so shut the frick up

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When the ranger came back in 2019 it was offered with the exact same 72 inch bed the old ranger did. But nobody wanted ecsb rangers in 2019. They wanted crew cabs. So yes, there is less cargo space because that's what the market wanted. In a perfect world they would still sell single cabs but it's just not realistic to manufacture a product that sells 5% as much.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

your right,most people who buy a new truck these days just see it as an SUV with a bed instead of a bonnet,or tell me when was the last time any of you saw someone actually working with a truck that is not at least 15 years old

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>saw someone actually working with a truck
            Nailed it.
            Literal moron buyers drove this Market into its current state, coupled with CAFE bullshit of course.
            For fricks sake, a no frills Pickup used to be one of the cheapest vehicle purchases around, and it COULD be used as a Work Truck.
            Those days are long fricking gone now.
            >yo dawg, did you just ding my fricking $80K GMC???!!
            Sick of this shit

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Wahhhh if you don’t beat the frick out of your truck it’s not a work vehicle!!!!

You can work shit and keep it nice as long as you aren’t black.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Wahhhh if you don’t beat the frick out of your truck it’s not a work vehicle!!!!
            Nice try, False Dichotomy gay.
            Owners worried about Parking Lot dings are certainly not using said truck for work.

Owners using their Truck for Work are certainly not deliberately abusive to the vehicle that provides their Livelyhood.

moron

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I understand why Ford won’t dedicate factory capacity to make it for the US, but I still think it’s neat. I think it’s even smaller than the Maverick in single-cab trim too.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nobody buys single cab trucks, including fleets... It's a non-existent market.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I think I read single cabs were down to only 3% of new sales last year. I won’t be surprised if the F150 drops it next gen and leaves only the 2-350 with the option.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's probably less than 3% now. They will for sure discontinue that configuration in the next few years across the entire F-Series lineup. It's a pointless configuration that doesn't need to exist.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I think there is still enough of a market for the flatbed and shuttle/ambulance market to warrant at least one single cab, but maybe the Transit would cover most of the latter while flatbeds will just have crew cabs in the future. Seems like every model is getting trimmed down a ton.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Shuttles and ambulances are built on chassis cabs. Those will be around forever because a crew cab shuttle bus or ambulance would be pretty stupid. So technically you could buy one of those and put your own bed on it if you really want a single cab in the future.

>Having said that that old shit is rapidly going away and it won't be a viable option forever.

They will remain a viable option for serious people. The rest don't care or they would choose to be serious. Neither of us will live "forever" and old trucks are absolutely an option to stock up on (wise move anyway) so I do. Being a mechanic I can fix and maintain the new shit too. Serious people do the needful.

They're just machines. If I bought a new truck I'd do as I do and get what fleet mechanics prefer then stock up on spares including donor vehicles (trucks tow other trucks so that's no problem). Minor corrosion is easy to halt not that I'd buy a new vehicle with significant rust. Ordinary men fix everything so what one man can do another can do. I started out just before the electronic ignition era and lived through the old guys grumbling about fuel injection so nothing intimidates me.

My vehicles are over 20 years old since I buy older used trucks (often wrecked) which are mostly old when I buy them. There's no reason if the body isn't permitted to rust that you cannot keep your trucks for the rest of your life (like my '76 F100 which got a 250 rolling chassis etc over time). I can rebuild anything if I have the parts but the path of convenience is have a drivetrain donor in advance so I do that too. As with every horrible stock part the aftermarket comes up with a fix like Sonnax with transmissions.

I've been rolling this way for decades including when I rented. Determination is free and the tens of thousands saved paid for my tools and shops which I use for DIYing everything else too. Millions of other men work on the newest machines and always have.

I don't know what dream world you live in where rust doesn't exist but that alone makes daily driving a older vehicle pretty not possible or practical. Parts are also an issue in a lot of areas and having an entire warehouse of spare parts is also not practical.

All my vehicles are 20+ years old and I have yet to own a vehicle equipped with ABS so obviously I like my older vehicles. I'm currently looking for a GMT800 and currently it's going to be $7k+ for a """clean""" one with 250k+ miles. If shits that bad now what's it going to be like 10 or 20 years from now?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>It's a non-existent market.
          It's a very Mexican taste. They LOVE short bed, single cab trucks with stolen 26" OEM rims.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Pretty weird how they flip flopped, used to be that the US missed out on crew cab midsizes, now we miss out on short cabs.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mexico will have them and Mexicans are sleeping on renting cars to Americans. We are allowed to drive a rental car from Mexico, they should be renting cars like this and the Jimny out for reasonable prices.

Yes we are at the state economically where renting a car from a third world shithole may be the only viable way to own a car.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It would be nice to have some vehicles not available here. But I'd rather have my lack of options than live in some third world dump just so I can buy "based" trucks

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>than live in some third world dump
      Have you looked at major US cities like SF and NYC lately?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, why would I want to visit a city? I have everything I need within a 30 minute drive of my rural estate

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sorry but I like big, powerful truggs.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can buy all the used trucks I want because I'm not helpless. Buying new is stupid because it squanders money best used for land thereby to own space for many vehicles, workshops, shooting etc.

Why do you homosexuals so desperately want new overpriced shit when any decent truck is good for forty years or more?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>any decent truck is good for forty years or more
      You really think you're getting 40 years out of a modern truck with a AFM/DOD ridden engine and a shitty 10 speed troony when it's already rusty from the factory? All my vehicles are 20+ years old and new shit really isn't for me. Having said that that old shit is rapidly going away and it won't be a viable option forever. If you're buying new it makes zero sense to spend $5k less on a used truck with 50k miles. Trucks hold their value much better than other vehicles so it's often pretty wise to just buy them new, especially in the current market.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Having said that that old shit is rapidly going away and it won't be a viable option forever.

They will remain a viable option for serious people. The rest don't care or they would choose to be serious. Neither of us will live "forever" and old trucks are absolutely an option to stock up on (wise move anyway) so I do. Being a mechanic I can fix and maintain the new shit too. Serious people do the needful.

They're just machines. If I bought a new truck I'd do as I do and get what fleet mechanics prefer then stock up on spares including donor vehicles (trucks tow other trucks so that's no problem). Minor corrosion is easy to halt not that I'd buy a new vehicle with significant rust. Ordinary men fix everything so what one man can do another can do. I started out just before the electronic ignition era and lived through the old guys grumbling about fuel injection so nothing intimidates me.

My vehicles are over 20 years old since I buy older used trucks (often wrecked) which are mostly old when I buy them. There's no reason if the body isn't permitted to rust that you cannot keep your trucks for the rest of your life (like my '76 F100 which got a 250 rolling chassis etc over time). I can rebuild anything if I have the parts but the path of convenience is have a drivetrain donor in advance so I do that too. As with every horrible stock part the aftermarket comes up with a fix like Sonnax with transmissions.

I've been rolling this way for decades including when I rented. Determination is free and the tens of thousands saved paid for my tools and shops which I use for DIYing everything else too. Millions of other men work on the newest machines and always have.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>They're just machines.
          NOT created equally.
          This is the entire point of these threads.
          The WRONG consumers are driving every Market, and thus the Manufacturers have abandoned what used to be their Consumer Base.

NO FRILLS WORK TRUCKS ARE GONE

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The consumer base changed. I wouldn’t say that the old market really resents that too much as the vehicles have pretty much just improved.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the vehicles have pretty much just improved.
            You applaud the loss of Choice.
            That's grim.
            Tiered vehicle manufacture has existed for 60+ years.
            There's ZERO reason to not offer No Frills variants of (name your vehicle).
            Period.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then go buy an XL f150 with manual windows. Nobody is stopping you but don’t get mad that normal people find things like crew cabs much more appealing to the point where they become the defacto style. But in the end you are just a poorgay raging against the world for perceived injustice.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>crew cabs
            You're being deliberately obtuse.
            I said NO FRILLS variant.
            A NO FRILL crew cab can eist within the current matrix of models.
            DO i need to explain wtf NO FRILLS means?
            1. RWD
            2. 5-sp manual
            3. NO ABS
            4. NO Traction control
            5. Standard Analog guages, no Ipad bullshit at all
            6. No Skywalker Sound entertainment system
            7. Standard halogen lighting
            8. Steel Wheels and dimensions
            9. Standard all-season tires
            10. Standard seats and materials
            11. NO power anything, besides steering and brakes
            12. etc
            That''s 15K - 20K savings easily

WTF dude

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Congrats besides abs, TC, (mandatory safety) and manual (standardized transmission for cheapening) you can buy one of those pretty easily from the big 3.

They might also come with cameras for mandated safety but I can’t speak for monkey models

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>it's confirmed to sell in my LATAM shithole

Nice.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How do you cope with the fact that you’ll never get to buy a modest sized pickup again?
    Simple. Buy an even larger truck. 3/4 ton is for women. Men buy the 1-ton.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We must remove/reduce CAFE and Chicken tax legislation standards in order to gain our based workhorse trucks back.
    >TheyDontWantYouToGoAnywhere

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The last soulful truck ever made.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

So buy one or several while you still can even if you already have one. Not hard, easily affordable and easy to upgrade so there's no excuse for not having that or a B2000 which is the same truck. Easy way to score them cheap is with a bad engine.

My bro scored his with a clean title and decent body for about $250 in a package deal. He beat the scrappers and it will be a nice home for his 302/C6.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

i can go buy a 1984 ford ranger whenever i want to you stupid nip

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'll just keep driving my '08 single cab ranger until it returns to the earth

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

return to tradition

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *