A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

https://www.capitalremanexchange.com/diesel-engine-car-popularity/

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

so its because GM realized they cant build proper diesel engines for cars and poisoned you with anti-diesel propaganda thats still depply rooted in american minds today?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

There are some real concerns with Diesel that are yet to be solved in EU even. Supposedly Adblue/DEF should be able to decimate the remaining noxious components in trucks, but they had one small oversight:
        >It freezes at 51F
        >winter is -22F
        >truck goes boom
        It dosen't tolerate additives and entire system must be replaces every year.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

can't into conversions, 55 should be 12F

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>It freezes at 51F
          >winter is -22F
          >truck goes boom
          afaik thats not true, the engine isnt suffering from being run without DEF, its just that the emmissions are a little shittier until the DEF has melted.
          DEF is being used here for many years now with no issues, even i have it in my car

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm basing it on this article about consumer cars failing because of it:
            https://yle.fi/a/74-20069217

You'll probably need a translator

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

whats the verdict in the article?
            the DEF is injected into the exhaust, after the engine. it makes no sense that the lack of DEF hurts the engine in any way.

>inb4 it freezes and that destroys the container
            i thought about this as well but i think they have it figured out, considering all diesels here have used it for many years now and there have been no problems like that that i heard of.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Cars themselves refuse to drive if the adblue system reports itself as malfunctioning. While you can bypass it with software, it's now becoming illegal to do and can lead to massive fines if caught..

If you prewarm your car it shouldn't have issues when you drive somewhere, or you live in a zone that doesen't quite reach freezing temps. In finland it seems to be a complete shitshow. Though we have such a harsh extra tax on diesel cars anyway that people aren't buying them anyway

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Cars themselves refuse to drive if the adblue system reports itself as malfunctioning.
            but the freezing of the DEF shouldnt trigger this?
            anyways if what youre saying is true, this is fricked up. i absolutely hate machines that refuse to work even if they could work, to comply with regulations. still, it doesnt explain why americans hate diesels and dont buy them in my opinion

Just like they did with EVs.
            > chevy bolts burn up
            "Damn the EV thing didnt work"

*makes hybrids instead*

i get what youre saying, but the difference is that EVs are honest horseshit while diesels are amazing.
            >insane mileage
            >dependable
            >efficient
            diesels just "make sense" to me, as consumer cars.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

It has lots of sensors to detect the emissions and whether DEF is functional. If it stays frozen it'll flag as malfunctioning. Also freezing and thawing continuously damages the tank and tubes so eventually it really will be broken.

I hate all DRM aswell, it's the reason I refuse to "upgrade" my car to some cancerous SaaS tracking device

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>i absolutely hate machines that refuse to work even if they could work, to comply with regulations.
            Then you hate every car made after 1995

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>still, it doesnt explain why americans hate diesels and dont buy them in my opinion
            There are other cons to using diesel than DEF. Diesel gelling in cold weather and having to keep a full tank to avoid contamination during long periods of inactivity. Also american culture is about fast cars. Diesel and gasoline don't have the same power outputs. Those who need a high torque diesel buy one. Those who don't, usually don't

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes it freezes but the system has a heater. That goes wrong sometimes

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't think a heater will make it in time unless you plan your drive before hand and somehow make it heat the tank while it's off. Several liters of liquid is hard to thaw fast

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well it works and you just asssssooooooome.

It does not need to thaw the whole container. Just near and on the nozzle

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Just like they did with EVs.
        > chevy bolts burn up
        "Damn the EV thing didnt work"

*makes hybrids instead*

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Same reason we hate EVs.

Gay Euroshit. Unlike you, we can just invade another funny speaking desert country and colonize it for 20 years while we set up puppet regimes and hand the oil wells over to the oil industry.

Was Iraq a loss? No. We still control the govt there and the oil fields. We bailed on Afghanistan because it isn't worth shit.
    Iran's next.

What does this mean? We don't have to worry about costs per Liter, we don't have displacement taxes. We can burn as much refined gasoline as we want and there's not dick you can do about it.

Enjoy your shit diesel engines while we continue to burn gas.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Isn't gas a byproduct of diesel refining? Can you refine gas without also having Diesel demand? Aren't american trucks still running on Diesel?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Diesel is still the choice for heavy machinery in U.S. U.S has stricter nOx emission regulations than EU, leading to engines requiring more technology to achieve that, giving them a high minimum cost that incentivizes only commercial use.

Its doubtful that the European style widespread Diesel passenger car adoption was ever feasible unless one was willing to accept worse air quality for mere 20% better gas mileage. All in all it feels like one of the dumber choices in pursuing a technology dead in a few years for European car companies.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Other way around, diesel used to just be dumped when they were first refining to get gas.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

First engines were diesels though, no?

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Seems both gas and diesel were discarded when refining for kerosene. If the internet is to be be believed, gas beat diesel by one year becoming commercially viable in 1892 vs diesels 1893. Does it matter, no.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Because our government didn't raise taxes on gasoline to try and force us to buy clattery smelly slow shitheaps because it's ~~*environmental*~~.

We received zero barrels of oil from Iraq.

https://i.imgur.com/xZkMwCv.jpg

>Cars themselves refuse to drive if the adblue system reports itself as malfunctioning.
      but the freezing of the DEF shouldnt trigger this?
      anyways if what youre saying is true, this is fricked up. i absolutely hate machines that refuse to work even if they could work, to comply with regulations. still, it doesnt explain why americans hate diesels and dont buy them in my opinion

[...]
      i get what youre saying, but the difference is that EVs are honest horseshit while diesels are amazing.
      >insane mileage
      >dependable
      >efficient
      diesels just "make sense" to me, as consumer cars.

>all of the small percentage-point increases in efficiency are offset by the increased buy-in price and increased repair bills

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

what do you drive

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

A Golf GTI and a LR with the Rover V8.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Which Golf?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

no but those barrels helped lower the price of oil in the middle east. There are almost no american oil companies, hence why I said "Western" as they are all multinationals without allegiance to any flag. They control the flags. They control the US flag too. That's the big one.

They're the reason you arent wiping your ass with your bare hands in a street. they're why America is on top.

Seethe you eurocuck.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

you're getting BTFOd in the middle east right now by literal tribes that are costing your taxpayers millions just to shoot down one of their 20$ fertilizer drones, they blockaded the world's main shipping route without a single boat in the water and you are literally bleeding money because of it
      it's making vietnam look like it was a cakewalk

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

why would you even reply to that gay

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Diesel is expensive.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

*BLOCKS YOUR START*

I wish modern diesels were better than they actually are, at least I got some shekels back in a class action lawsuit against Mercedes

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>modern
      anon that Merc is atleast from 2006

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

It was a 2013, last year of the W221 and the last diesel S class they ever sold in North America. The W222 got the same engine in diesel spec outside of North America

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Diesel is more expensive than 87 Octane at the pump, available cars that use Diesel are usually more expensive, and I'm a peon that has absolutely zero control over that.
    Much like I would mildly prefer a hatchback compact over the separate trunk sedan I have, but I have zero control over the industry.

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I do not hate diesel, actually. It's our government that does. If there's one thing I commend Europeans on, it's the fact you guys accepted diesel more so.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

America is the largest corn producer and they want to make fuel out of corn.

Would be nice to get diesel bmws, jags, volvos and other euro only diesels.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

We used to but Volkswagen blackballed everything. It probably would have died anyway as uptake wasn't that great to my understanding.

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

the Diesel version of my car has a smaller engine, with 1/3 the power, and gets the same fuel economy within 1mpg.

Diesel is nearly 30% more expensive per unit regionally.

It just does not make sense for my use case.

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

1,000lbs-ft@100RPM
    100hp@500rpm
    Redline 700RPM
    Does it come with a bed in the back to take a nap on when I need to drive high way speeds?

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Biodiesel is shockingly easy to produce but we can't have self-sufficiency, can we?

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

pic related plus diesel doesn't make sense from a $/mpg standpoint (aka gas is cheap enough to make diesel not worth it)

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I love my 335d and I'm sad that it is not sold here anymore. Perfect car could not ask for more. the engine is great and don't care about the DEF system, it just works for me.

13. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

There is more gasoline available to diesel. Diesel costs the most sometimes.

14. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Early in it's life, it was slow, now, it's more expensive. Just filled up an F350 with 30 gallons for $142 from costco.

15. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

> diesel is a waste fuel
    > costs more

kek

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's really rare for it to cost more. The only reason It does here is because of massive taxes on it. The so called "colored" diesel is dirt cheap and allowed for industrial use

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Actially gasoline is the waste fuel as all big motors and commericial are diesel (except few moronic american engines). Especially ships.

Diesel may cost more but is so much efficient it costs less

16. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

By the way, is it bad if you only drive diesel at very low rpm? In the city it's hard to get it above 1200rpm unless you purposefully drive in low gear burning fuel

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For what purpose would you buy a diesel if you only drive in the city?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Was cheap, consumes little fuel (gas is $10/gal)

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

diesel runs at lower rpm as it has more torque, that said, you shouldn't drive with ridiculous high gear.

Usually 1: just for making it run
      2: intesection without stopping
      3: normal drive up to 50 kmph=30mph
      4: drive after 60 kmph=40mph
      5: drive after 80 kmph=50mph

(are gears made with even-ten mph in mind? mind=blown!)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>1: just for making it run
        >2: intesection without stopping
        >3: normal drive up to 50 kmph=30mph

Sounds about right, and it works if you got speedlimits of ~25mph, but for some reason this city likes it's ~18, so it's either well over 2k or ~1200rpm, neither of which feels ideal. It doesen't rumble or shake and I'd like to conserve fuel, but obviously I don't want to destroy the engine in the long run

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've never had my tank probed and never heard of anyone having their tank probed
    should i start driving on red agro diesel?

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

70% of passenger car trips made in the United States cover a distance you could realistically walk to (less than 3 miles per trip).
    This shit would kill a modern diesel.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Our domestic car corporations have desperately tried EVERYTHING to kick foreign brands out of the US market. Getting diesel engines banned for arbitrarily defined environmental reasons got a lot of German and dead reliable Japanese vehicles out of the market. The domestic corps didn't expect they'd just make the same models in gas engines and keep importing them, so new bullshit had to be come up with. The whole massive cars regulations are to kick small Japanese cars out of the market, but the Japanese just bloated up their models too. There's serious money in the US market and they adapted, but this is all the result of corporate warfare. Our cars are moronic because corporations are allowed to pay politicians money to vote a certain way. Basically we're a corrupt clown country.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Objectively diesels aren't worth it over a modern petrol 90% of the time.

I still luv me 330d though. Small-ish car with a straight 6 and 430 lb ft at near enough idle. Pretty much perfect powerband for everyday driving and even sounds quite nice. 2015 so pre-adblue as well

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

kys troony

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I liked diesel, but modern American regulations tend to make them worse than gasoline engines. I briefly had a 2003 diesel Jetta, and it was one of the most fun cars I've owned. It was amazing in the snow, and incredibly reliable. I definitely would not have purchased a later diesel Volkswagen, and not just because of the regulation-cheating scandal.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why EUROPEANS love DIESEL, despite having like 10 interdependent emission control systems?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It still works

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

except when one of the system doesn't, and engine derates to like 15hp

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

just learn to drive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

because most europeans live life like fricking Black folk.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>be american
        >wake up at 4 in the morning
        >drink coffee-infused high fructose cornsyrup
        >gain another chin
        >open door to leave
        >dodge bullets from startled police officer
        >thank him for his service
        >get in pick-up truck
        >wait in traffic for 5 hours, only poor people take public transport
        >the clock strikes 11 past 9
        >everyone gets out of their car and faces towards new york
        >salute the twin towers. never forget.
        >get to work
        >see a job creator pass by
        >prostrate before him and ask if you can work longer and for less
        >he tells you that that you're going places
        >the entire office begins clapping, thanking him for being so generous
        >take lunch break (unpaid)
        >eat a super size bowl of ranch sauce with a topping of salad
        >gain a bra size
        >finally head home from work after working unpaid overtime
        >get pulled over by the cops
        >they ask to see your ancestry.com results
        >7% white
        >cops feel threatened by how white you are
        >get shot

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't like DEF, do like revs

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

VW flooding the market in the late 00s jacked the prices too high so the market didn't want to go that way. And the pollution controls destroy everything and cost a lot. Plus there's blacks everywhere and people hate dirt.

It's just that fricking easy, euro turd.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DEF is gay
    whatever pollutants are captured in the system will work their way into the environment eventually

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I think the point of the capture systems is to defer them away from the pedestrians lungs and instead either release it far away "regenerating", or through washing in a shop

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *