>an ev that actually looks cool. >it's a vaporware scam

>an ev that actually looks cool
>it's a vaporware scam
why aren't we allowed to have nice things?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks like the shit I took yesterday.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

You need to see a doctor asap

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Because the people who want a cool ev are a tiny minority that can't support the very product they demand. You see this all the time. I cross board on /k/ and I see it with guns every year when tradeshows come out with vaporware concept guns. The same principal applies to cars.
    >Wow [thing] would be so cool! I wish a company would make it!
    >Would you buy [thing]?
    >uh... well... I'm kinda tight on cash right now...
    Repeat ad infinitum.
    The majority of the new car buying public are middle aged parents. This is indisputable. They do not want a cool sports car. They want a big fat sedan or crossover to shuttle their kids around and get them to work with good MPG/battery range and a 5 star crash rating. A sports EV is the last thing on their mind when they go to the dealership.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

But this car is in the same league as Tesla Model S or Porsche Taycan, and those sell

>why aren't we allowed to have nice things?

And do you know how much it costs to implement a car from the prototype phase to the production phase ?

For example : VW AG lost about $6 Million selling each Bugatti Veyron for $1.2 Million and a total of $2.3 Billion , 959 street variant began in 1987, and the car debuted at a cost of DM431,550 (US$225,000) each, still less than half what it cost Porsche to build each car.

Yeah that's cool numbers but this car is just a vaporware scam, it didn't cost much to develop

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>But this car is in the same league as Tesla Model S or Porsche Taycan
        This hurts not helps. It's a car with an already small market with two already well established competitors. Cars are durable goods. The market for durable goods is very easily saturated.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>I cross board on /k/
      >mfw the psa stg goes back to being vaporware again
      it would be extremely funny

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>>Wow [thing] would be so cool! I wish a company would make it!
      you buy [thing]?
      >>uh... well... I'm kinda tight on cash right now...
      Sad truth.

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>why aren't we allowed to have nice things?

And do you know how much it costs to implement a car from the prototype phase to the production phase ?

For example : VW AG lost about $6 Million selling each Bugatti Veyron for $1.2 Million and a total of $2.3 Billion , 959 street variant began in 1987, and the car debuted at a cost of DM431,550 (US$225,000) each, still less than half what it cost Porsche to build each car.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

You really believe those figures? Are you stupid?

The EV grift is a lot less expensive than real cars. The interest in EVs just is not there.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Well the interest is going to be forced to increase as governments slowly ban ICE cars.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Gotta love how capitalism truly rewards the best products.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous
    • 3 months ago
      Anonymous

According to Jim Ratcliffe, it's cost nearly a billion dollars to take the Ineos Grenadier to production, and that's for an SUV based on an existing Defender design and using an outsourced BMW engine and ZF transmission.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

> guys whos trying to raise other peoples money for his meme ego project needs MORE MONEY. more at 11!

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

What are you talking about? He didn't raise other people's money for his project, he's a billionaire who paid for the whole thing himself, and you can actually buy a Grenadier now unlike that DeLorean scam.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

well good for him!

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>based on an existing Defender design
        they vaguely look similar, thats the extent of their relationship

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Want some real fricked up bullshit?
    >Opel Manta GSe Elektromod
    >Despite the name, it's a completely brand new design, despite similar appearance to the original A Manta
    >4 speed manual transmission because why not
    >3 pedals
    >1130kg curb weight
    >RWD
    >150kmh top speed
    >200km range
    >interior has only two displays, one for gauges and one for satnav, nothing else
    >70s style "minimalistic" interior, none of that soulless tesla or volvo garbage
    >3 spoke steeringwheel with no buttons, controls or anything at all on it
    >no airbags
    And best of all, it was about the same size as an original Manta, that being said it's legit small. People were very interested in the nuManta, enough that Opel told "yeah we'll put it into production after some very minor modifications to make it road legal", which is kinda understandable as it had no airbags or anything like that.
    They turned it into a crossover.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>manual transmission in an electric car
      But why

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

If it makes engine noise I would consider driving it. It's the experience of rowing gears, the sound, the torque building, the release, I'm cumming

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

It's stupid. imagine being in the early 1900 and refusing to buy a motorcycle unless it goes on 4 legs and makes horses noises. this is the same thing.

Oh, and before you ask, I do drive a manual car, and i like it, but I do realize that trying to move that experience in an Ev is just an experiment in futility.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Fair enough. In that case I wouldn't drive a EV unless I absolutely had to, even if offered. There's just nothing there for me. Horses and Cars both have their kinds of soul but EVs do not.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Why the frick not? For sick winter skids, that's why.
        The electric motor wasn't THAT powerful in the prototype, like was it even 100hp? Stick shift would probably help a bit with range at that point.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

It wasn't a fully original electric vehicle platform, it used an existing vehicle as a base to make it simple. Its like those electric Mustangs Ford built where it was just a electric powertrain dropped in and bolted to a manual transmission.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>They turned it into a crossover
      every time. this is exactly why i dont want any of the older cars to come back like the probe or i dont know the aw11 mr2.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>They turned it into a crossover.

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

My Boss traded his 2016 911 for this!!! baka
    it is nice inside though, very nice...

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Your boss lets you sit in his car? Does he also let you sit on his lap, b***hboy?

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Not even the new Autozam AZ-1 is immune from being made larger. I miss small cars.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Can't pass crash test sorry. Gotta inflate the pillars.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>Not even the new Autozam AZ-1 is immune from being made larger.
      there's no new az-1 and kei cars actually are immune because they have a very strict size restriction, moron

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Same as Tesla Roadster and many other EV garbage concepts.

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

hyundai could take 100% of ev coupe sales by making the n word vision into a 30-40k car

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

This is now a vaporware thread. Post cars that will never be made, regardless or if they are EVs or not.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

this just looks like a Veyron that got caught up in the late 90s early 00s bubble design

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

>Delorean
    Really living up to the name eh

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *