Any advice on civics horrible 1.5t engines?

So I've been driving a used 2016 1.5t honda civic for about a year, mainly in the city. I don't drive aggressively and for about a month now I've been getting 12.5 mpg on the city and 36 mpg on the highway. Is it because of the 10 gen 1.5t oil dilution issues? The Honda mechanics found no fuel leaks

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>horrible 1.5T
    they're fine commuter car engines.
    >36mpg hwy
    Eco mode on or off? Hatch? My buddies 2021 hatch gets 36-37 hwy with eco mode on. Normal.
    >12.5mpg city
    pretty fricking normal for a big shitty like atlanta
    >is it because of the oil dilution issues?
    is your oil diluted, shithead? pull the dipstick and tell me if it's milkshake (i know the answer, NO).
    >the honda mechanics found no fuel leaks
    Why would it be leaking fuel? Great job forking out 5% of the car's value for a useless visit to the wrench monkeys.

You have woman brain. Your car is fine. Stop worrying your little head

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I dunno bro... 12.5 is pretty fricked city mpg. I live in a mid sized city and ill get in the 20s doing pure city driving.

https://i.imgur.com/JhaN99k.jpeg

So I've been driving a used 2016 1.5t honda civic for about a year, mainly in the city. I don't drive aggressively and for about a month now I've been getting 12.5 mpg on the city and 36 mpg on the highway. Is it because of the 10 gen 1.5t oil dilution issues? The Honda mechanics found no fuel leaks

Have you actually measured your mpg? As in read the volume of gas at the fuel pump and divide by the miles driven? 12.5mpg is what youd expect from a 600hp engine not a honda weed whacker

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>12.5 is pretty fricked city mpg.
        Knowing this hopeless moron he's probably flooring it from ever red then braking 200ft later like an absolute fricking tool.
        >mid sized city
        OP might be in some hell hole where getting home from work means 10mi/1hr of stop'n'go

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes, I did it exactly this way. Hence why I know it's messed up. I would accept a 10% difference but 12.5 mpg is horse shit

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That sucks bro. What did the dealer do? Did they log your fuel trims? Do you have an engine light on? Does your exhaust stink of raw fuel?
          You could also bring it to a tuner for a second opinion. They can probably look at your actual tailpipe emissions and see if you have a flashed computer.
          Did you buy this thing second hand and was it ever modified? Sounds like the injectors are running full blast on anything but a cruise.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Supposedly, they checked for leaks, for oil dilution and found nothing wrong with the car. No codes, no engine lights but the car does smell of gas outside sometimes just like the oil dipstick, how I knew the oil was getting diluted.

I bought it second hand from an old man who barely used it lol, hard to say it was modified but yeah, now that you say it I will take it to a tuner shop instead and take note of the injectors as you say.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like buildup, dilution wont affect the mpg any noticable amount but
            I don't have the 1.5t buy my 2.0 gets 23mpg on stop and start north Charlotte traffic. Btw eco mode gave me worse mpg on stop and start traffice but better on hwy cruising.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also could be fuel pump.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Any easy way I could check for it?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Excess fuel should cause cat oxygen sensor warnings, eventually triggers engine light.
            With as much oil dilution like you mentioned maybe your engine block is bored out. Combination of bad injectors + worn engine?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Fuel pump would drastically drop it and is a known issue so thats why it is my assumption. Plus if it is that I believe they do have a warranty.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Awesome news, Hopefully you hit the nail and I get it fixed soon, thanks.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

actual Honda cope

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Eco mode is always on and frick no, There is no way it's normal for a civic to get lower mileage than a ford explorer on city use, how do you even drive?

The oil is diluted, no surprise there. It is a fricking GDI 1.5t honda engine. The question is how much could it affect the gas mileague.

Finally, thanks for worrying on my pocket money but where I live I don't have to pay for it

Even the bots in other forums were less annoying and more constructive lol

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i second everything- unfortunately for op bro is correct.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Buying a Hondgay with a turbo GDI
    lol
    shoulda bought american

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>turbo GDI
    Toyota, Ford and even Hyundai moved to multi-port injection. Why is Honda so behind in engine tech? What happened?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Its the l15 which is an ancient platform. Honda hasn't spent much or recovered from the money sink that was the r series plus with ice and petrol being pushed as something that will disappear they have focused more on hybrids since the late 90s and ev in the last 8 years.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why was the R series a money sink?
        Wasn't the HondaJet the financial blackhole?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The steel procurement they used for a third of the engines for multiple years had to be recalled for poor metal treatment leading to cracked blocks. L15 was designed as a more modern smaller car engine on a much smaller budget. Its a fit engine.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I am pretty sure that MPI is older tech than GDI.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Best advice is to get a Toyota.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Funnily enough, I was going to get a good old trusty corolla but the seller hiked up the price so I got mad and went honda lol

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hobest don't if it is the trucks and Corolla these days. For some reason both for honda and toyota it seems like the only things as reliable as they used to be are their mid sized sedans and the hybrids like the Prius. We live in a dystopia for reliability without high maintenance costs honestly.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You probably drive in mega city rush hour and with wrong gear

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Say what? hahah

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You shouldn't be getting those MPGS in the city, highway mph should also be better in ecomode.These cars don't like short trips if I recall correctly, try to avoid quicker trips

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you should by a chevy and never have to worry about gay hondas again

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The problem is that you're a Black personmutt with a pile of nipshit

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is it because of the 10 gen 1.5t oil dilution issues?
    Yes it can be could be cause. You should replace engine oil+filter every 3000-4000 miles with fully synthetic oil. Honda released a software update that should slightly reduce the issue of oil dilution, but it doesnt fully remove this issue. Might be good idea to ask from dealer to check if the update is installed, if not then ask them to install the update.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *