Anybody use these? I want to train for a track in game before doing the real thing and wrecking my car.

Anybody use these? I want to train for a track in game before doing the real thing and wrecking my car. Is it worth it to go for high end ($350)?
Also why would this one come with 3 pedals but no stick shift?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Anybody use these?
    Yeah, it's fun
    >I want to train for a track in game before doing the real thing and wrecking my car.
    It won't help you that much
    >Is it worth it to go for high end ($350)?
    >he thinks this is high end
    >Also why would this one come with 3 pedals but no stick shift?
    Jews

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It won't help you that much
      I'd rather have some knowledge/training of the track than none at all before going in
      >>he thinks this is high end
      Don't see anything more expensive on Amazon right now

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Logitech wheels in general are mid range but enough for most people as a hobby. That's why they're most common.
        Uprange you go from force feedback to a direct drive motor. I think Moza R9 is a cheap deal but you compromise with a shitty brake system that needs an aftermarket to be resistant

Cheap setups are cheater setups. The weak ass ffb lets you overpower wheel motions you cant control in the real world in a real car.
        You can do the same turning ffb down for stronger wheels.
        Aside from sim experience, thats the whole trick to "cheapest shit driven faster". Weak ffb, weaker than a prius at 25mph.

If i have my 15nm wheelbase tuned to "match" an f1 car i'm slower than if i keep ffb to 5nm. Because theres reactions from bumps and shit you just cant overpower at that force level.

Lots of the fastest people cheat anyways.

Yo buddy, still seething?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Walk the track then dork

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It won't help you that much
      Yes it will lol, it's better then having no experience at all behind the wheel. No it isn't a 1:1 recreation of the whole thing but it's pretty close.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Impossible to say for sure but I lost control of my MR2 once early on playing on my Logitech wheel could have helped me save it. The force feedback at least helps make oversteer a muscle memory response. Of course we’ll never know.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They might sell the stick shift seperately.
    I use a used fanatec setup and it's way better then the cheapo logitech I had.
    Still, it's electric so it doesn't really feel like a car, but it is fun.
    Especially in VR.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Especially in VR.
      yes.

Dirt 2
      Assetto Corsa
      Or GTA V with the VR mod
      Fun as hell

Dirt 2 is my favorite, because I think R* blocked the GTA V VR mod after threatening to sue the developer.
      I haven't tried to play it in the last year or so

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They're adding VR to EA WRC soon (successor to Dirt Rally 2). Just FYI. No idea if it will be optimized at all or not lol.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

even the high end setups with accelerometers and whatever won't compare much. maybe the very top of the line can, but i have no experience with those

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a second-hand set with the gearstick included.
    Beamng seems to be the only game with accurate clutch mechanics. Every other game won't punish you for poor clutch control.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

there are only 2 simulator games, BeamNG and Live for Speed. Everything else is arcade shit for children.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

wrong
        real life itself is actually a very elaborate rfactor mod

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Based Live for Speed enjoyer.
        I salute you, kind sire.

ASSetto Crosa isn't half bad, but little turko-arabic children have ruined this shit with their drift car mods that handle like RC cars.

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

they just made it impossible to drive with keyboard, can i turn off synchro damage in settings?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yes also there are keyboard steering assists in there

it's been otherwise impossible to drive with a keyboard for years tbqh the controller assists and shit are relatively recent

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a cheaper car. By the time you have a good sim setup, you might have as well just bought a beater car that you can afford to run into the ground.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Some decent tires alone will cost him more then just getting a new wheel and shifter for sims.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>forgetting about cost of brakes
      >forgetting about cost of tires
      >forgetting about cost of gas
      >forgetting about track day fees

Fricking moron. It's far cheaper to have a sim setup for fun + practice than "just buy a cheaper car"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You have no idea what an actually good, sim setup costs, do you? The wheels alone are like $1k+.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Wheel is frickall useful, you can get decent fidelity with a moza or fanatec DD. I think even thrustmaster has a DD wheel now for ~500. I play on my grandma's old TV, ripped junkyard seat on a GT omega rig, fanatec wheel shifter and pedals I got on a bundle deal, all together it cost about $1200 not including my PC. The weakest part of the setup are my pedals which have no feedback and feel flimsy as shit

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Good drivers in budget sim setups will dumpster you lol
          How are morons so focused on being a paypig in a nearly free hobby

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cheap setups are cheater setups. The weak ass ffb lets you overpower wheel motions you cant control in the real world in a real car.
            Aside from sim experience, thats the whole trick to "cheapest shit driven faster". Weak ffb, weaker than a prius at 25mph.

If i have my 15nm wheelbase tuned to "match" an f1 car i'm slower than if i keep ffb to 5nm. Because theres reactions from bumps and shit you just cant overpower at that force level.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My track car has super light and numb eps so my t300 has probably 10x the steering feel and resistance lol
            Why are you dorks that nobody will let inside a spec miata talking about f1. Embarrassing

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>He doesn't know that you can tune FFB

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

look everyone, a guy who calls himself an adult but can't read one single post.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Your incomprehensible rambling does not deserve a thorough read.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whatev moron. I know you know i'm better than you.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>every single car in existence is a early 90's f1 car with zero power steering
            gearqueers are unreal, most race cars you could drive with one finger on the wheel if you wanted to

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>most race cars you could drive with one finger on the wheel if you wanted to
            This is the biggest lie ive ever seen spouted on this moronic chinese fingerblasting forum

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it's true this isn't the 50s power steering exists

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it's true this isn't the 50s power steering exists
            As if that negates any sort of feedback or loading in the wheel from the road. LOL

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

this people with 1000 dollar rigs are universal shitters

lmao @ this gear queer cope
            >paying less is cheating!111
            The ABSOLUTE STATE of LOAD CELL INCELS and FANAKEKS

imagine unironically making this post holy shit gear queers absolutely btfo by LOGICHADS AND THRUSTMASTERS

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All I said is weak ffb is a cheap hack, which does not make cheaper hardware better.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

80 percent of ffb effects you won't feel through the wheel in a real car moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You must drive some very numb feeling cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Okay? I never said I was good at racing sims, I said true sim level hardware is expensive as frick.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

There's literally zero difference between a $1000 wheel and an old ass logitech g27

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrong

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cope. You've been psyopped by simBlack person shills telling you to spend thousands on equipment.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrong

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I also don't want to die btw besides not crashing my car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Everyone has to die sometime.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>high end
    >$350

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Get the g29 and the shifter, it will help you mostly because you won't waste sessions figuring out where you are on the track. Assetto has mods for every nowhere local track

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Actual learning to drive stick? Simulator won't help much, especially with clutch control. As far as learning certain tracks though, it can actually help a lot IF the map is accurate. There is lots of good LIDAR stuff for assetto corsa. I practiced on NJMP lightning and it seemingly helped a lot.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People who say race sims can't teach you to race are coping.
    Max grinds race sims all the time and look where he is now.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He started karting when he was very young under a strict failed f1 driver as his teacher.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And he grinds sims

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>high end ($350)
    fyi $350 will get you a decent wheel.
    Then you need a base, pedals, and shifter if you need that.
    Then you need a rig and either a triple screen setup or vr.

I'm not saying you can't have fun with a $350 bundle. But $350 is nowhere near high end.

High end goes into the tens of thousands.
    Entry level enthusiast is in the thousands.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have this wheel.
    I bought it with 2 pedals and then got the upgraded 3 pedal and shifter bundled.
    probably cheaper to just do a few cruising laps before sending it.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people with huge expensive simrigs get memed on usually but Atsushi Hiraoka is a god
    dude larps as Senna in full kit with a 30nm wheel and motion rig and he's actually good because he does it as a form of physical excercise, not just autistic hotlapping for hours like most gamers do.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How could it be a physical exercise?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

his direct drive wheel makes as much torque as a motorcycle and he's using it to hoof a 1990s F1 car around Monaco while being shaken like a martini. He has one video where he cranked it up all the way and over 35 nm it was too strong to drive.

in the videos where he isn't wearing the Senna suit he's frickin jacked, has the arms of a frickin bodybuilder.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>high end ($350)

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what's the extra pedal for?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's the clutch, what else could it be?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The go fast pedal.
      I think the name speaks for itself.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

left and right brakes for turning your tractor tighter

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I did, it's fun it does not train you lol it's like a shooter so you learn about cars/guns if you want but you can't actually aim correctly all of a sudden irl

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nobody ITT can read and thinks he's talking about practicing driving in general or even manual transmission, because those moronic threads ARE made a lot. OP, if you're genuinely visiting multiple tracks then yes, getting experience with the lines/braking zones is very helpful.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I want to train for a track in game before doing the real thing and wrecking my car.
    What track? Is there a laser scanned version of it?

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i own that exact model and it is so much fun playing driving sims like gran turismo 5 & 6, and project cars. its whole another experience compared to a controller.

>why would this one come with 3 pedals but no stick shift

the stick shift is sold separately. i wanted to buy it but after reading reviews a lot of people said it does not work with all games.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

yeah ive had two g25 g27
    eventually gonna build my own or buy something direct drive eventually when enough steer by wire cars like the cybercuck get rekt and aftermarket steering systems

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have pic related, and had it probably since '10 or '11. But it's been gathering dust for a few years now. Was decent for the price back then. Felt like back in those days when the pro stuff was more uncommon, there were no real competitor to the g25/g27. Only issue i had was if at any time i started using the paddles it deactivated the clutch from working. Which means if i wanted to switch over to driving with the stick and clutch again i had to unhook the the thing and start it up again.

Anyone used those adaters with them for newer systems? Vaguely remember reading something about some of them being plagued with issues/delay etc.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Anyone used those adaters with them for newer systems? Vaguely remember reading something about some of them being plagued with issues/delay etc.

I also want to know this. I have a G27 that I used on the PS3 with Gran Turismo.
        I'm gonna wait till the PS5 pro comes out (hopefully at the end of the year) to buy it and the VR goggles to play GT7

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Anyone used those adaters with them for newer systems? Vaguely remember reading something about some of them being plagued with issues/delay etc.
        no idea my g25 died but i kept the pedals

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Anybody use these?
    Yes, I use it often, mostly for rally games and iRacing when I want wheel to wheel.
    >I want to train for a track in game before doing the real thing and wrecking my car. Is it worth it to go for high end ($350)?
    It will help you learn track layouts. High end (direct drive) is a big improvement from the gear-based cheap Logitech stuff. But you need to decide how often you will use it and how much that money means to you, only you can answer that. I went with a belt style initially and wasn't satisfied so I switched to direct drive which I am very happy with. I went with Fanatec, had no issues so far in four years.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had a T300RS

It's frickin shit. I expected much more for the price these sim shits cost. I played asseto corsa, the original GRID (2008) FH5 and a couple FM games. also automoboilista I think

I sold it for fuel for my 540i and got more fun.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

bro you played all the games with the shittiest FFB. The forzas are a joke. AC needs loads of tweaks, grid isn't a sim, and depending if you played AMS1 or 2 you were either playing rfactor with a third party FFB plugin or a shameless reskin of project cars 2.
      did you even get CSP for AC?

FFB doesn't just work properly all the time, or the same with each game. you often have to tweak it to eliminate damping, g force, and chassis vibration effects.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no shit you frickin moron, I had a preset for every game ready. also of course i got CSP for AC.

condescending ass Black person.
        FFB and simracing is a joke. Go drive a real car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>downloaded somebody else's presets
          >filtered by an options menu
          problem exists between wheel and seat

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Learn to read Black person. I made my own presets. I never implied I downloaded somebody elses presets, go have a nice day.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>made your OWN presets
            >they're still bad
            >somehow this is the video games fault

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah when I was about 20 years dumber I crashed a car because I thought I had learned how to drive from playing Gran Turismo 4. There is no replacement for actual driving experience. You need to learn to deal with the fear.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

just playing only Gran Turismo 4 and thinking "I know what I'm doing" was your mistake
      has nothing to do with the game being wrong or right, you're just a fricking moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

OP is talking about using sims to learn a track not if a sim is really real reality.
      I have the Ring so thoroughly practiced all I need to do in a new car is get the correct gear for the turns memorized and the rest is understanding and fine tuning the vehicle's behavior.

Pro racers practice tracks in sims btw. It's a valid tactic.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The wheel gives you a lot more 'feedback' from the car than using the controller. Only reason to go for high end would be if you were trying to play games competitively.

The wheel isn't a replacement for actual track time though so you'll likely be disappointed. There's no sense of speed or 'feeling' from car just buying a wheel and playing a game.

If you're that worried about wrecking your car then either pay for professional instruction and/or find a novice autox or HPDE event instead. Your money would be better spent than on a wheel thinking it will make you a better driver.

The only track I can think of that you'd want to learn before driving it would be The Ring.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>don't buy a 200-400 dollar video game controlle and a 40 dollar game with an infinite amount of content, go spend at least 2000 dollars at some horseshit "track day" at whatever tarmac ribbon is nearby

moron opinion
      a sim and a wheel is an objectively better deal especially because you can actually race real people without an scca or fia license
      the actual car simulation aspect driver training homosexualry is whatever, it is getting to race other live human beings in real time that is the main draw of simracing. All the morons who think people do this to train to "drive better" or some shit are completely missing the point.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

sims are better for broke b***hes, yes. They also dont have nice cars and usually keep to DA

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The only track I can think of that you'd want to learn before driving it would be The Ring.
      moron opinion. 1 day of track time spent learning where to go and look off the books saves you more than the cost of your g29 and assetto

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It will help. Only thing you cant get from sim racing is g-forces.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Come on, there's so much tactile feedback in a real car that you can never get with any sim set up.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *