Anyone here flip cars?

I found an ‘09 Prius, clean title, 180k miles for $3.5k. Insane deal imo, guy says it doesn’t even burn oil. Should I buy this just for the flip potential? I mean it HAS to sell for more than that at some point if it’s not a total lemon, right? This will be my first investment car so pls give advice.

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The thing you've got to look out for on old hybrids is the battery. Replacement battery packs cost thousands which is a turn off for people buying an older hybrid.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah I’m aware but this is much cheaper than anything else on the market. I imagine I could buy it and just repost it for a profit.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>flip cars
    na it seems immoral and speculative to me
    >old Prius
    the battery is under the rear seat, no thermal management aside from a small electric fan, this fan has an intake filter that may need replacement.
    if the battery is dead it might cost about 1000 $ to replace with an after market option.
    idk about the catalytic converter tho, depends where you live as to what spec was fitted or will pass

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, not unless you know your shit and can inspect it thoroughly.
    there's a pretty good chance it has other issues he hasn't disclosed.

The ideal flipper car is something that has a specific problem. Like say a blown headgasket (presuming the owner didn't pour leak fix in the coolant or drive on it like that). You buy the car for $500, because it's not driveable, spend $50 on parts and fix it one Saturday and then sell it for $2,000 in a running state with no major issues.

what you're describing is speculating not flipping.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

TL:DR
      Car flipping is essentially being a freelance mechanic that specializes in high labor, low parts cost jobs. The buying/selling is basically just a formality for you to get paid for the repair.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's all fun and games until you replace that blown head gasket, but now that it runs, you've learned the transmission is a bit fricky.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why hasn't it?

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This image confuses me.
    Is he on a watermelon fast?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Seems so even though he is pretty lean already. Seems religious, and I expect a return to fried chicken, grits, and cornbread once he ends the fast.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buys shitbox prius for 3.5k,expects to make a good deal
    Sounds fantastic.buy it and report on DA in few weeks.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I flip cars for a living. Anyways that prius isnt worth much for 3.5k especially at 180k miles. Its also pretty old. I would say it's worth barely 3k. So basically dont buy it because even if its looking pretty good as in no need to change anything, you are wanting to flip it so you should buy it expecting to have problems even if it has none. I would tell you to buy it if was a different model but since its a hybrid yeah it sucks. So uh basically don't buy it even for 2.5k. Hope this helps.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP here, I paid for $5000 for mine it was the best deal I found after looking for a month. This one is cheaper and if it doesn’t burn oil or have any other problems it just seems like a great deal. Mine burns oil pretty bad it’s really annoying because I drive so much I always have to top it off

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Frick off and kys you crusty israelite. Everyone wants to make a quick buck by fricking over others now.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Please don’t be this prick, he wants to charge double for a car he did no work to

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't normally encourage pigs to do anything about anything, but if there is a cop reading this and worrying about quota (quarter ends on Sunday) and it's in your jurisdiction, this smells like a gimme for a title washing sting.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes.
    It's time consuming and makes your life stressful and turns you into a shitty person. But you can make money pretty easy and drive a bunch of different cars to figure out what you like best. Better if you can be an okay person and at least fix a few things before you pass the cars on

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bought a dirty ass RAV4 on copart for $1500 and sold it for 9k after cleaning it.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aw man, that watermelon has the grainy texture, must've been sweet as frick, so good

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you deliver it to me I'll buy it for 3750

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My brother did that for a bit.
    He'd buy wrecked Corvettes and fix them. He'd drive them for a few months to make sure they were in good, working condition then sell them.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *