Anyone on here ever own one of these? I'm thinking about buying one.

Anyone on here ever own one of these? I'm thinking about buying one. Every listing I've seen is about $10k for 100k miles which isn't bad for the current insane market

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had the slow 1.6L version. But it was incredibly comfy, still the most comfortable hatchback I've driven to date it feels more like a luxury sedan almost. Petrol consumption is a bit on the thirsty side for such a small and slow engine but overall I really enjoyed that car and would probably still have it today if a truck didn't heem into me and total it.
    I had it in black and thought the front of the car was absolutely kino looking. Volvo later ruined in the last iteration of the model by facelifting it and imo that completely ruined the look of the car.
    I miss mine a lot, pic related is close to what it looked like

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This is what the new face looked like - 2009-2011 models

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/qvcKYMx.jpg

This is what the new face looked like - 2009-2011 models

>Volvo later ruined in the last iteration of the model by facelifting it

I don't think it looks bad, but it definitely looks a lot more generic

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Generic is definitely the right word

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

prefacelift is definitely better looking, I really like the headlight 'eyeliner'
      currently have the 2.5T, got it for 5k at 90k miles from the first owner
      i wont be the first or last to tell you its got a lot in common with the focus at/rs engines, top tier powerplant, v reliable bc its not really stressed despite being turbod, faster round the burgerking than stock gt86s, just wish the stock exhaust opened up a bit - you can still hear the 5 cylinders but only after like 2.5-3k rpm
      excellent feeling from the road while still being very comfy, its still a hatch not a boat
      dont expect to fit anyone except children and gigamanlets in the back, not much cargo space either, but the driver and passenger get a lot of room

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Imo, the only cool Volvo.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

wtf does the rear not open?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the door folds in dumbass

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

People will assume you bought it for Twilight

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>ford focus: ikea edition

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yes I agree, Volvo should've thrown one at the WRC

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>10k for a fwd hatchback

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this too, 10k should be getting you a pristine 20-30k mileage single owner show worthy example, not a 100k beater

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this too, 10k should be getting you a pristine 20-30k mileage single owner show worthy example, not a 100k beater

What year do you think it is?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Had one, was very comfy.
    Only issue is the interior quality is lacking in some places. The things you touch feels solid enough, but plastic mesh on the speakers and such has a tendency to explode upon touch and you can't buy the meshes themselves, you have to buy the whole door card. Others have reported sagging headline is an issue, though I didn't have that on mine
    Upside is that it shares a lot of mechanical bits and design solutions from the Focus, so engine parts and suspension is cheap, they also use those quick pull tabs for the headlight, so you can remove the whole headlight in seconds when you want to change the bulbs

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I wanted to get one of those, but the interior is so fricking ugly I passed.
    I think the V40s are similar but have better interiors.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

V40 is the successor, so there should be some differences

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My sister owned one:
    The floating center-console was interesting.
    The windows were almost twice as thick as any car I have ever been in.
    The steering wheel was fat.
    The digital displays were like an 80's casio.
    Seats were plush. Noice.
    Felt like a very solidly built car.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Nah but I've got the same engine under the hood. 5 cylinders are pretty cool.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i have been scouting the market for these past 2 months, seem to sell at around 5.5k for 120k miles manual transmission. everyone lists them for way more and they dont sell till around 5.5 autos sitting rotting at 4.9-5k

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Where have you been looking?

https://i.imgur.com/W8gt0BT.jpg

Had one, was very comfy.
      Only issue is the interior quality is lacking in some places. The things you touch feels solid enough, but plastic mesh on the speakers and such has a tendency to explode upon touch and you can't buy the meshes themselves, you have to buy the whole door card. Others have reported sagging headline is an issue, though I didn't have that on mine
      Upside is that it shares a lot of mechanical bits and design solutions from the Focus, so engine parts and suspension is cheap, they also use those quick pull tabs for the headlight, so you can remove the whole headlight in seconds when you want to change the bulbs

Nice

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>i have been scouting the market for these past 2 months, seem to sell at around 5.5k

Where?

PA, near philly i've seen 2 clean r designs sit for months at 6500, saw a regular 6 speed t5 non r design sell basically over night for 4900. I think by mid summer when the used market catches up to the falling economy they can be picked up for 4k, I would say right now 5200 seems to be a good deal for a clean 6 speed. I think i might hop on the next clean r design I find, pre facelift looks so clean.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I'm in socal, so I assume prices will be higher but that's pretty interesting

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>i have been scouting the market for these past 2 months, seem to sell at around 5.5k

Where?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

To this day I will never understand how they made such a kino design out of nowhere.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>designed by women

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

partnering with mazda and ford
      all c platform cars are pretty kino ngl

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They're pretty comfy hatches, and they roll at good clips too. Lift gate being a little small can make it hard to load, but its still a practical boot that can hold all the meatballs you can eat. I will say, however, if you can find a c30 t5 r-design for a good price, go for that instead. Same form, better function, kooky i5, some of them had turbos. Going back to the ç50, 10k at 90k miles or less, is a steal, just remember that the p1 cars can sometimes pop their piston rings at around 110k. Preventative maintenance is your friend, and get chummy with the local Volvo dealership.
    >t. former volvo tech

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

how does the c70 compare?
      its a bit heavier bc of the roof, but idk much past that

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *