Apologize

Engine failures have quieted down -- people are reliably running the FA24 both on the street and the track, sometimes even fully stock, without oil coolers.
Furthermore:
>boxer
>naturally aspirated
>12.5:1 compression ratio
>100hp per liter
This is literally a Porsche GT3 tier engine. Time will prove it.
Apologize right now.

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I haven't heard of any engine failures, stop spreading misinformation Hillary.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It widely known they had issues with composite head gaskets but have since switched to metal head gaskets. This solved the problem for years now.
      They also have an issue with oil starvation. Because of the geometry of the engine, it's a little harder to get the oil to flow properly. However, the oil pan is redesigned and if you don't run it low on oil then, again it's fine.
      I think Boxer engines are cool. I would buy one but they aren't prefect. A basic inline 4 cylinder only has 1 head, easier to reach spark plugs and is a much simpler engine.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>boxer
    Into the trash it goes

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wrenchlet, just saying

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Name 1 good boxer engine

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dude just stop. You know you're a wrenchlet. Why printed like you got a big box of tools? Consider that it's okay to be a wrenchlet.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Didn't think so

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why don't we discuss LED interior mood lighting or infotainment, something you're more well versed in?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah deflect to anything you can when the topic of "good boxer engines" comes up lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How's it deflection when you got no tools though and have never touched a wrench? That's crazy.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well you see anon.... when you couldn't name a good boxer engine, but instead pretended to know things about myself personally, that's when you deflected away from being able to name a good boxer engine

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

911 gt3 has a great one. And iirc Fe$$a$i made a 12cyl in the Testarossa. Citroen has a 2cyl, subie 4 and 6. China is coming out with a 2 liter 10cyl. No one makes 8s unfortunately g2vgt

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>subaru engines
            >good
            Lol

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Always nice to get the bus rider perspective

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Do car drivers not know about the notorious subaru problems then?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've owned two Subarus. The only issue I've had is leaving the interior light on for a few days and draining the battery, and I love wringing out second/third whenever I have the chance.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wow your subarus survived wring out 2 and 3rd every now and then, that's quite the achievement

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

O yea? well I've owned 3 Subarus and all 3 blew. I have a friend of a friend, his had 6 Subarus and they've all blown up.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah because you and your friends are morons

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Stop being a goblin and actually change the oil and filter regularly.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Boxer== flat 4

So then why not give hp/lb?

Because that would involve an actual useful metric

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>12cyl boxer
            for what purpose? each bank already has perfect balance. why not a v12?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 365bb and the testarossa don´t have a boxer 12 engine, they have a 180º V12. Because there is a 60º gap between each cylinder explosion in a v12, you can use the same exact crankshaft on a 180º V12 as you would use on a 60º V12 (and a 120º V12, if you wanted to build one) by simply changing the firing order.

Ferrari built a flat 12 because they wanted to put the gearbox underneath the engine and fit the whole drivetrain in a (relatively) small car

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

the beetle engine

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Literally the only one and it's only good because it's indestructible, they are terrible for power.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

ez30

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They seem to OK but compared the a whole bunch of inline 6 engines they're pretty lame

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

meh pretty much every n/a 6 cyl engine has its problems, ez's biggest seem to just be age and neglect at this point.
            I kind of put them in the same boat as GM's atlas 6, has huge potential but almost everything has to be custom made.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nah they're open deck with thin sleeves, there's no way they can come anywhere near the big dog inline 6s

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

n/a 2j's shit rings at 10psi, turbo 2j's command boomer i know what i got prices
            rb's have oiling problems on "high power" builds
            atlas has no aftermarket

subaru's have press-in kits to make them closed deck but those are around $2k.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yet they all will make a considerably larger power figure safely on a stock block than the EZ30

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

not really, but if that's what you wish to believe then whatever man. i'm not going to change your mind on DAg.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes really, it's not even close.
            Go see what EZ30 builders recommend on a stock block.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>every n/a 6 cyl engine has its problems,
            Laughs in M30, M50, M52, M54, N52.
            >Inb4 BMW
            Oh no, not having to change a valve cover gasket and some vanos seals in the M54

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

M96.26/MA1.20

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't speak kraut codes - is this the specific revision which solved the IMS bearing?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Patrician answer.

This is the king of all boxer engines though, Napier Sabre H-24.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Anything by Lycoming or Continental. Leave it to Subaru to frick up a 100+ year old design.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hp per liter
    Ok, if it's hp/liter is good, it must accelerate quickly, right?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

depends on the weight of the car

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So then why not give hp/lb?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

because we're talking about the engine itself

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This guy on youtube does a pretty in-depth look at the oil starvation issue during high rpm right turns.
    It's worth a watch for anyone considering using a FA24 on track.

?si=fbZosJ05ApW7Lwjf

He does have more videos where they talk about overfilling the oil, and using different oil pan baffles to try to mitigate the issue.
    He has a more recent video where he's trying out a prototype high volume oil pan, which helps the issue significantly.
    If or when that pan is released, if it actually solves the problem, that'd be the only real issue with the motor solved.

Unless you don't like hoisting an engine out of the car just to change the spark plugs.
    I suppose that's another problem for owners of the current gen brz/gr86

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not sure what the relative years are but the current Subaru oil pans are designed to address this issue by having both a deep pocket the pump sits in and the baffles.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>oil starvation issue
      >engine hasn't blown up
      hmmm...

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ive got a fb25 and it uses a qt ever 600. its like the same motor

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a video installing an Accusump.
    90% of my viewers are all Subaru guys.
    I'm gonna say OP is a gay.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

kek, saved

Do you also have a baffled trap door sump?

I run a improved racing baffle as well.
        Every guy I talked to that tracks LS cars said to run an Accusump and an Oil Cooler.
        I have not killed my LS1 after 1,000+ Autocross laps or track days.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you also have a baffled trap door sump?

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

aspirated
    >>12.5:1 compression ratio
    None of these are good things.

per liter
    This was a feature 30 years ago.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is why you don't allow toyota to build a superior boxer engine... the WRX engine which is another FA24 variant doesn't have the same issues the GR86 one does.

TOYOCANT DO WHAT SUBAWUADO

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Subarus have had sump problems for ages lmao

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

isn´t it like a first mod you do to not grenade your subaru engine?

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

*teleports behind you*

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i know you were just baiting me to post the stats but i'm more than happy to oblige 🙂

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *