Are 7-8 year old hybrid cars fine?

Are 7-8 year old hybrid cars fine?

I'm thinking of replacing my 2003 Toyota Corolla with a much younger car and I've been looking at Yarises built 2017-2018 and they're all hybrids.
I'd basically be selling my Corolla for like 4000€ and spending an extra 8-9000€ to buy a much younger Yaris.

But do these hybrid cars have an expiration date?
I've also looked at the Hyundai i20. I can get a 2019 model for the same price as a 2016 Yaris more or less. A 5 years old Hyundai should last 5 years right?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hybrids are a meme
    keep the corolla

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's what everybody tells me, just keep the Corolla.

It was my mom's car before so we really know it's been taken care of. It's got like 230,000km on it but no issues so far.
      But at some point it's going to start to give.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

230k km is nothing

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>230,000km
        lmao those cars go 300k miles with just maintenance and minor repairs. Op is a huge moron. GO ahead and waste your money

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't listen to these morons. 03 is about the age stuff needs replacing because of age like rubber seals and fuel lines and shit. Yes, if you do all that it can keep running but is it worth the expense when you could get a nicer newer car? No, only DA autist contrarians will tell you to keep fixing a car that old and low value. They will tell you you are wrong no matter what you ask them about because they just want to tell you you are wrong.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>rubber seals and fuel lines
          Replacing rubber seals n fuel lines n shieet on a car you're used to driving and a car whose potential issues you're familiar with is cheaper than buying a newer car which probably has a slew of underlying issues which you won't even know about until it is too late. Not driving your car until it blows the frick up and then getting something new instead of replacing the engine or troony if you don't wanna do that is the most npc "le newer le gooder le older le bad don't think strategically just buy newer shit" thought process imaginable.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Keep corolla and dont fall for the consoomerism israelite

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I own a 14 year old one from Toyota and it's fine. Change the fluids regularly, don't overheat the battery, and a Ni-MH hybrid will last a long time.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>prime
    we warframe now!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

post your fashionframe you gay

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i only post hag

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>b74X concept
    What the frick. That is a Ford Edge ST. It has the same wheels and everything.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You might be right. It's probably plagiarism rather than platform sharing though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The anon making that pic was not autistic enough, I see mistakes.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>But do these hybrid cars have an expiration date?
    Not really, the chance of battery replacement goes up at ten years but the big factor in battery longevity is keeping battery temperatures nice and cool, so regular filter cleaning is a must.

Mongolians still drive 2nd gen Priuses from Japan well beyond their 700k km mark. They're clearly good for the long haul so long as they're cared for, and their hybrid quirks are accounted for. If you commit to one, you'll probably have committed to beater car that you thought would last a few years, but fifteen years have passed and you're still driving it.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If I had a fricking dollar for every concept Toyota came up with, advertised and never followed through, I could buy a whole new Toyota.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Haha the MR2, GR86 shooting brake, and next gen IS500 surely won't be like that, r-right...?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If I had a fricking dollar for every concept Toyota came up with, advertised and never followed through, I could buy a whole new Toyota.

Never forget the sad frog reeeee
        I'm so fricking done with this company

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>But do these hybrid cars have an expiration date?
    toyota hybrid batteries have a 10 year/150k mile warranty in america. i would expect them to be fine beyond that as there are taxis and shit with 400k miles on them on the original battery

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2015 Prius that's running I guess decently. The transmission is starting to make strange noises and knocks.

Also has basic common Toyota issues. Had to rip all the plastic off the bottom because it was shredding off and dragging, decided to stop buying their proprietary pins and just remove the plastic but now i get loud wind noise. Headlights had the gremlin which caused them to kill bulbs within weeks, cost me $800 to fix and they still aren't bright enou to drive at night safely so I drive with my brights on, which still are too dim yet I get flashed by other drivers. Toyotas have pretty shit suspension too, had to replace a blown strut on it pretty early on, like 4 years into ownership. 2 years ago had to replace all 4 suspension springs, the damn thing was almost dragging on the ground.

Toyota is not quite the reliability powerhouse they once were and I think this shows extremely in their hybrid models, because they cheap out even more to end up with a product they can price lower so it actually sells. If you're buying one of the cheap models they already cut costs on, and a hybrid, don't be surprised when it starts falling apart. This thing is the quality of a golf cart with a shell over it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The battery is fine though, sometimes drains when it's been sitting for too long not running but I'm not sure if that's normal. Only takes a few minutes of driving before it's charged back up enough again.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>2 years ago had to replace all 4 suspension springs
      don't take this the wrong way, but do you weigh like 900 lbs or something?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The transmission is starting to make strange noises and knocks.
      How many times have you replaced the transmission fluid, I wonder

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don’t get one of the new lithium ion batteries and you’ll be fine. The original nickel metal hydride batteries are far more robust. Ni Metal Hydride chemistry doesn’t suffer from being left dead, or fully charged, and they don’t age poorly. I still have some rechargeable AA’s I bought almost 20 years ago as a student. Same shit goes for the Toyota car batteries - they are intended to be a lifetime component.

Added benefits of a hybrid car:

Less wear and tear on the brakes, which tend to be the number one expense for used vehicles.

Engine doesn’t run as hot or as often therefore muffler doesn’t fall apart as soon. This is another big save on maintenance for a car you plan to love long time. Take a look at how the engine design is on a Hybrid it’s wildly different due to not having any major requirement for low end torque to get moving from zero. This allows for a major redesign for maximum efficiency.

Basically never have to replace your 12 V battery because it is not used for frick all except electronics. It’s not even the same type of battery. It’s a deep cell battery and it’s usually one of those crazy-good Japanese makes you asses you literally never have to change it. Consider this a lifetime component as well for more $$$ savings.

Yeah, I’ve had to pay to replace a starter on an old ass car. Fricking sucks when you get stranded, then it’s pay the tow driver pay, and pay more for your starter to get fixed. Hybrids do not have a shitty little starter motor - they the massive drive motor to start the engine. You’ll never have to change the starter motor and you’ll never suffer from a dead beat battery

Oh yeah plus you save gas money 🙂

Some of them even come with a V-6 engines, and have more power than their standard counterparts

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Adding to that, Ni-MH won't kill you in a thermite-like fire, you can enjoy working HVAC while standing still and the engine will idle like 5% of the time, starting the car with dead 12V battery requires a lot less power (like 10-20 amps peak, you can do that with a power tool battery of a proper voltage), charging the 12V battery afterwards is as easy as leaving the car powered on for several hours (again, it won't idle all the time), and some of the hybrid Yotas even came in V8 variety.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don’t get one of the new lithium ion batteries and you’ll be fine. The original nickel metal hydride batteries are far more robust. Ni Metal Hydride chemistry doesn’t suffer from being left dead, or fully charged, and they don’t age poorly. I still have some rechargeable AA’s I bought almost 20 years ago as a student. Same shit goes for the Toyota car batteries - they are intended to be a lifetime component.

Added benefits of a hybrid car:

Less wear and tear on the brakes, which tend to be the number one expense for used vehicles.

Engine doesn’t run as hot or as often therefore muffler doesn’t fall apart as soon. This is another big save on maintenance for a car you plan to love long time. Take a look at how the engine design is on a Hybrid it’s wildly different due to not having any major requirement for low end torque to get moving from zero. This allows for a major redesign for maximum efficiency.

Basically never have to replace your 12 V battery because it is not used for frick all except electronics. It’s not even the same type of battery. It’s a deep cell battery and it’s usually one of those crazy-good Japanese makes you asses you literally never have to change it. Consider this a lifetime component as well for more $$$ savings.

Yeah, I’ve had to pay to replace a starter on an old ass car. Fricking sucks when you get stranded, then it’s pay the tow driver pay, and pay more for your starter to get fixed. Hybrids do not have a shitty little starter motor - they the massive drive motor to start the engine. You’ll never have to change the starter motor and you’ll never suffer from a dead beat battery

Oh yeah plus you save gas money 🙂

Some of them even come with a V-6 engines, and have more power than their standard counterparts

Imagine talking about batteries and not even knowing the difference between NCMs and LFPs

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You will never own a real car, troony.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Stfu moron I drive a truck with a V8. If you're going to shitpost about something at least learn what the frick you're talking about first

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post bread

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *