It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don’t see many old ones so probably not

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't want one second hand that's for sure.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Hopefully this doesnt upload sideways but I have a bone stock 2017 Mk7 GTI I purchased from the first owner who took care of his car properly. He put 150k miles on it from 2017 to 2021.

From then I have continued to do basic maintenance, DSG flush, oil change, tires, etc.

The car is incredibly reliable. My main thing with these cars is if you're going to buy one, buy a bone stock one, if its been tuned, its been beat to shit.

VWs in general aren't known for reliability.

If you're talking about the Mk7 (EA888) they aren't too bad.
      The engines themselves are solid, only real issues are slow leaks from the water pump and PCV valves can crack. I had my Golf R from 40k-65k miles and replaced the PCV but that's all. It had a remap on it to ~370hp for over 20k miles in my ownership and I had no problems relating to that whatsoever.
      Aside from that it's a VW so you can expect some electrical gremlins. DSG gearstick position sensor is a common one but it's entirely harmless, it just brings up a message telling you to make sure it's in park when you start the engine. If you get a manual the clutch is made of chocolate so if you want to remap it then budget for a clutch upgrade.

I love to pop into these threads to see the "other than *critical issue which will destroy the engine/trans and would probably have been recalled by a Japanese OEM" comments. If you know that your modern car's water pump likes to go out then the car isn't reliable.

Nothing against the cars themselves, they have plenty of perks but reliability isn't one.

anything vw makes is junk. 90% of the ea888 is plastic also it can't rev for shit so there's no point.

[...]
      [...]
      >Timing Chain
      >Chain Tensioners
      >VVT Solenoids
      >Vacuum leaks
      Note no one has mentioned any of the above.
      If any of those go, the engine is a glorified paper weight and yes theyre common issues that arent exactly an easy fix
      Smells of shills

I clocked your tea

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

god damn it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

this. german cars are reliable as anyother when you do the regular maintenance. only problem is high cost of parts. in germany gti's are the default enthusiast car because everyone can work on them

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Don't post about it again or you'll jinx it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I wish you luck and a problem free future for that vw bro, but exceptions dont disprove the norm.

I have a mk7 from 2017 which has caused me zero issues. Granted, only about 45k miles.
        Do your regular maintenance. Around 40k I did the dsg service, filters, sparks, and a brake flush. Deutsche Auto Parts on youtube will be your homie.
        I burned some oil recently, but I think that's because I was doing some really enthusiastic driving while close to the oil change interval of 10k/1 year.

Be careful with the water pump leak. I haven't experienced it personally yet. If you buy one, make sure the DSG service was done every 40k. If you get the performance pack, I believe the diff needs a service as well.

The mk7 generation is comparatively very reliable to older ones. I think either the mk5 or mk6 was bad.

>Deusche Auto Parts
        Based. Great info with minimal onions. Humble Mechanic is alright too. Lots of tips, tricks, and insight

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

VWs in general aren't known for reliability.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mine has 15k km and I already had to change the steering wheel. Personally I don't car if every know and then I have to bring it to the dealership, it's otherwise a great car. Surely I wouldn't change it for a boring Toyota.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Already had to change the steering wheel
      Alright I'll bite, what the frick happened?

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you're talking about the Mk7 (EA888) they aren't too bad.
    The engines themselves are solid, only real issues are slow leaks from the water pump and PCV valves can crack. I had my Golf R from 40k-65k miles and replaced the PCV but that's all. It had a remap on it to ~370hp for over 20k miles in my ownership and I had no problems relating to that whatsoever.
    Aside from that it's a VW so you can expect some electrical gremlins. DSG gearstick position sensor is a common one but it's entirely harmless, it just brings up a message telling you to make sure it's in park when you start the engine. If you get a manual the clutch is made of chocolate so if you want to remap it then budget for a clutch upgrade.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/VC6X1Fh.png

Unreliable? Other than water pumps and thermostat housings, they are pretty frickin bulletproof. I beat the shit out of mine every day FBO with a big turbski and its fine. Same as every german car, maintain it and you're fine. I have a b7 s4 as well, so I know a lot about "reliability" kek.

>If you know that your modern car's water pump likes to go out then the car isn't reliable
      It's not a catastrophic failure, it's usually a slow leak that takes weeks to even be noticeable with frequent coolant level checks. Not an expensive fix either

>Timing Chain
      >Chain Tensioners
      >VVT Solenoids
      >Vacuum leaks
      Note no one has mentioned any of the above.
      If any of those go, the engine is a glorified paper weight and yes theyre common issues that arent exactly an easy fix
      Smells of shills

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Everyone who posts about their GTI says
        >Yeah man, it's bulletproof. Put 20k miles on it so far.

We have to understand the scale of reliability for purchasers of German cars. 20k is considered an accomplishment.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Unreliable? Other than water pumps and thermostat housings, they are pretty frickin bulletproof. I beat the shit out of mine every day FBO with a big turbski and its fine. Same as every german car, maintain it and you're fine. I have a b7 s4 as well, so I know a lot about "reliability" kek.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mk5s are lemons.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I love to pop into these threads to see the "other than *critical issue which will destroy the engine/trans and would probably have been recalled by a Japanese OEM" comments. If you know that your modern car's water pump likes to go out then the car isn't reliable.

Nothing against the cars themselves, they have plenty of perks but reliability isn't one.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>If you know that your modern car's water pump likes to go out then the car isn't reliable
      It's not a catastrophic failure, it's usually a slow leak that takes weeks to even be noticeable with frequent coolant level checks. Not an expensive fix either

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

anything vw makes is junk. 90% of the ea888 is plastic also it can't rev for shit so there's no point.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have a mk7 from 2017 which has caused me zero issues. Granted, only about 45k miles.
    Do your regular maintenance. Around 40k I did the dsg service, filters, sparks, and a brake flush. Deutsche Auto Parts on youtube will be your homie.
    I burned some oil recently, but I think that's because I was doing some really enthusiastic driving while close to the oil change interval of 10k/1 year.

Be careful with the water pump leak. I haven't experienced it personally yet. If you buy one, make sure the DSG service was done every 40k. If you get the performance pack, I believe the diff needs a service as well.

The mk7 generation is comparatively very reliable to older ones. I think either the mk5 or mk6 was bad.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>while close to the oil change interval of 10k/1 year.

You're being dumb if you are waiting this long. Also EQT tunes for the win.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's the recommended interval, and I run 5w40 liquimoly full synthetic. My car is cosmetically modified but stock under the hood. I'd do an oil change every 5k if I were tuned.

https://i.imgur.com/xaetSwc.jpeg

>Deutsche Auto Parts on youtube will be your homie.
        Damn bro didn't know about that youtube channel. Post gti, here's mine.

Not trying to post my car on DA but I can describe it
        Tornado red, front splitter, sidesplitters, enkei raijin wheels, underglow, black sidemirror caps, tint, weatherguards

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

"recommended intervals" are moronic and if you care about your car you'll cut them in half. Also you're a pussy for not posting car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Don't care

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>still replied
            buttblasted homosexual detected

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Lol, speak for yourself. Don't care.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>still replying to and refreshing a thread you don't care about

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

How did you get the impression I don't care about the thread? The implication is that I don't care about your opinion on oil change intervals and posting my car on the internet, and you're acting like an immature moron. You're acting like a pickup truck owner

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Not trying to post my car on DA but I can describe it
          whats wrong with posting car lmao

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Deutsche Auto Parts on youtube will be your homie.
      Damn bro didn't know about that youtube channel. Post gti, here's mine.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

posting gti

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i have a 2016 mk7 gti and it's solid so far. got it second hand but very low milage.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

polo GTI poorbros rise up, its our time

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I work on a lot of vw and audis, here is what WILL break with time
    >water pump and t stat assembly. You'll get a leak and its a fairly laborous job to do.
    >wastegate rattle which necessitates a turbo replacement (shame on vw for getting rid of super reliable KKK turbos for IHI junk) usually at around 120k
    >pcv which is easy and cheap but will result in boost leaks and/or oil consumption. These die randomly.
    >carbon buildup particularly on early TSIs
    >cam bridge screen which breaks very early but most of the time isn't an issue, if it is an issue itll likely be caught in the camshaft spool valve and cause cam codes. Only seen one car that actually had an issue but every one Ive had the bridge out of the screen is BTFO
    Other than that its normal shit like plugs and coils and oil changes.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't know how else to explain why I never see old GTI's. It's like people lease them then they disappear.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

my friend is schizophrenic and he drives a 2 door version of this. Fricking SUCKS getting in the back of them and he drives like shit too

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Who cares they're just cringe as frick, super loud fart noises for what, not even 250 hp? Why would any respectable white man above the age of 20 drive this?

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>while under warranty
    no
    >after warranty expires
    yes

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>90s honda civic si hatchbacks still on the road owned by teenagers who maybe knows that oil is supposed to exist in the motor as their first car to learn manual on
    >VW products literally stop existing within 10 years, other than the rare Super Bug or God's Jetta or whatever that is actually unkillable and still owned by a german mechanic with a garage filled with carefully stored parts and a whole spare part vehicle with a bloodline traceable back to ancient swordsmiths.
    Really makes you think.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

no lies here.

when was the last time you seen a mk1-5 on the road? i cannot remember. Im in socal too where there is every niche.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

VW are the goyslop of German cars. Actual garbage made for kids who think they're cool for driving loud shitboxes that always have CEL. The VR6 was cool though.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>made for kids who think they're cool for driving loud shitboxes that always have CEL.
      >The VR6 was cool though.

motherfricker, pick ONE

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>REEEEEEEEEEE NO NUANCE ALLOWED EVERYTHING MUST BE BLACK AND WHITE
        stfu kiddo

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What do you think of the 2 door vs 4 door mk6?
    I Feel 2 doors are better suited for hatchs but this particular golf I'm not sure. I think the 4 door completes the look whereas the 2 door looks kind of unfinished. Looks more like an egg and the 4door looks more like a van.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *