Are Honda Fits turning into enthusiast cars? Why?

Are Honda Fits turning into enthusiast cars? Why?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Modern day weebs are poor and these are the best last subcompact sold in the U.S.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I remember when they came to the states (mid-00s), lots of people were modding them and swapping K20a2s or K24 hybrids in them.
    At this point there aren't a lot of cheap compacts left so I guess it's becoming a thing again?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they handle really well for what they are, and don't seem to have a lot of unnecessary features. also huge aftermarket. i think there's even a racing class that's just honda fits and mazda2s.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yea you have b spec and gridlife sundae cup

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
  4. 2 months ago
    Sage all ugly slow gay cars

No, they're ugly, slow, and gay.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you would know all about being ugly, slow and gay

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's literally every Honda. It's part of the charm.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

same with go-carts, but they are still fun.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Over a long enough timescale all Honda's become enthusiast cars

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why?
    Through Jihad

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no
    ugly fwd eggshit

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Well, it's cheap and most of the people selling them aren't applying the ricer honda tax on them. So that's a plus. Parts are plentiful for aftermarket modifications as there are multiple racing specs and groups that favor the Fit.

It's lightweight as frick, it's reliable, good on gas, comfortable (for a compact), and unassuming overall. Kinda just a solid little shitbox to play around with. Can't go wrong with it, I want one

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They are shit. And nobody driving one of these knows anything about cars deeper than a surface level.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Semi zippy with a manual. Shit tonne of space for what it is. Can fold rear seats down or up. Pretty responsive handling. Reliable as frick. Fuel efficient. DIY and repair friendly

Elaborate boyo

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, they are a rickety shitbox but you get what you pay for them lol. I daily one and it's not the best car in the universe, it's ultimately an appliance budget compact that you can have fun with. stop seething

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Real.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I guess these guys are just morons then

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>FORD
          cheeky

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You don't need rwd and a v8 to crawl at the speed limit, boomer.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This guy is trying to keep the market down so he can afford one. KEK

My GE Honda Fit is the best, THE BEST car I have ever owned. It's flying under everyone's radar.

I mainly bought it because I wanted a very small, parkable car, with good fuel economy, good visibility, somewhat decent handling, & Japanese reliability. I got exactly those things except the handling is extremely good. I drive this car much much more like an butthole than I do in my 135i (which I have done more than """surface level""" work on) and I'm thinking of auto crossing it, because it's that good.

I've used this car to haul tons of stuff. I've fit a stove in the fricking thing. Remove the front seat, you can fit a pantry or tv stand (which I did).
        The car is at 160k and I'm pretty sure it's on the original plugs & coils, and it still runs like a top. Yes it's slow, but the power delivery & 5-speed auto do a pretty good job at making it feel sporty. I drive this at 90mph all day long, weaving through slow traffic who all use the lanes improperly.

I installed a remote starter, lifted it, put winter tires on it, and it eats the winter roads here in the Midwest.
        Sound system is better than my fricking "luxury" german car, and the paddle shifters work better than every paddle shift car I've been in so far.

Once this car rusts out, I'm buying another one. I hate the new one, and I hate all other shitboxes, except maybe a 2nd gen CR-V with the k-motor, 5-speed, & awd.

People sleep on these Fits, and that's good for trying to find one that hasn't been messed with, or being charged the racer boy tax like with an Si.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

This guy is trying to inflate the market so he can sell his. KEK

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

$10k for a 2008 with 120k miles is ludicrous.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

uhh my guy i find 5k fits with 120k on them all the time and those 5k fits easily out number the moronic priced ones. maybe you live in some extra moronic place idk.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The moronic place being filled with moronic boomer-LARPing "I know what I got" owners.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is an ok shitbox. but needs more maintenance than a old civic. the shocks (front/back) will last you about 35k miles and you also need to change both filters and oil on the cvt transmission every 30k miles. i used mine for driving to work and taking the dogs to the vet. never had the impression of this shitbox being an enthusiast car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>cvt
      Well there's your problem gaylord

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the factory shocks on my 2nd gen lasted 110k miles

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Driving a slow car quickly on a track is more interesting than mashing an automatic accelerator on the highway.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>IN GOD WE TRUST
    Do people from North Carolina legally need to have that on their plate?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

in ass we blast

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They are the "modern day" CRX

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No, that's the CR-Z

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

CR-Z and Fit owner and he has a point. The Fit is lighter and simpler to work on.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love seeing these cool little things on the road and I'm pissed that they stopped production in North America.
    If I'm seeing them semi-frequently in Texas, right now, that tells me that they sold well and any excuse to pull them was utter horseshit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Greetings fellow Texasbro. I’m seeing more Fits where I’m at as well

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>VAX

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>small
    >manual
    >cheap
    >inexpensive
    >cheap
    did I mention cheap?
    checks all the boxes wym

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Small
    >Easy to park
    >Easy to manuever in traffic
    >Good turning
    Large interior
    >Storage space from room to ceilin
    >Ample room for rear persons who are not tall
    >Can fit 4 steamer trunks if the seats are folded down
    Low curb weight
    >Little body lean
    >Great gas mileage
    >Easy to jack up
    >Easy to get rolling
    >Easy on the tires
    An economy car
    >Cheap to buy
    >Cheap to run
    >Did I mention good gas
    Manual
    >Can manipulate engine how it's wanted
    >Engine braking on command
    >Best MPG
    >Incredible reliability
    >Long throw or quick shift

Gee whizz I wonder why it's so fricking popular, homosexual

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's criminal they never made a Type R Fit.

They already make a fricking 1.5l turbo, why not fit it into there?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The si styling with the 1.5l turbo would be the perfect shitbox, such a shame

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had a 2nd gen (GE) Honda fit.

I did the typical coilovers, intake, exhaust, wheels, and tires mods. Made it a blast to drive.

It wasn't fast, but you could ring its neck every day and not worry about getting a speeding ticket or breaking anything.

Handled really well on backroads and the one track day that I took it to. A lot of fun, and cheap to own. I miss that car..... might get another one someday...

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Some people got together and decided that a globohomosexual subcompact car with a Honda badge, McQueersons and a torsion beam rear was an enthusiast car. It's no different than an Aveo, Versa, Fiesta, Rio, Yaris, Mazda2.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And people enjoy all of those cars (except the aveo and the versa)
      They're the only newer lightweight cars on the market. Suspension isn't quite as much of a concern when you weigh 2200lbs. Thats what makes them fun. Such little force to throw them around and its easy to push them to the limit. 250hp in 3500lbs just isn't the same as 120hp in 2200lbs. Thats why even though its rwd, a crown vic is just gonna be a leisurely and lackluster experience at a track day while a fit is gonna feel fun even if you aren't really fast

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

"Enthusiast" is as useless of a term as "Sport/sporty". People were modding Fits before they started selling them here in the US.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine telling someone who just watched Tokyo Drift in the theater that a fricking Fit would be considered a enthusiast car 18 years later

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean, Tokyo Drift had a VW family van with a mohawk glued to the roof in it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The hulk was a showcar and the movie wasn't pretending it was going to do anything else.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the movie was pretending an AWD would drift

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

-fills a niche
    -discontinued
    -people who still care about that niche become enthusiasts by default because their supply is now finite

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You are a dumbass

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

$9400 in 2021 with 68ish kms. So. Almost 40,000 miles?
    1300 and the 5 speed, so yeah it’s slow, but it can get out of its own way. Cruises happily at 75mph.
    With the little motor, you have to keep the revs up. The motor isn’t loud but there is a lot of road noise. It doesn’t have the typical shitbox squeaks and rattles.
    It ticked over 100,000km a couple months ago.
    Plugs are a bit annoying to get to. It’s due a valve clearance adjustment which is hurting the economy. Factory stereo is a bit shit.

For a generic Japanese economy car, it does everything you want it to do. It is easy to work on. Has cruise control for some reason. Controls are all feather light.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why are lightweight, double wishbone suspension short wheel base cars with manual transmissions and plug and play ease with bigger engine swaps enthusiast cars?
    A mystery.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

pretty cheap and a pretty good platform
    they are pretty popular in amateur racing, from B-Spec and other road racing to rallying, etc.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fiesta, Focus, or Mazda 3 don't have the Honda tax and handle better. Plus they have more power
    Chicago with radius set to 150 miles, prices are exactly like that anon says

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

theyve been for the past 4-5 years already. youre late

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a CT200h

>better fuel economy
    >better styling
    >more amenities
    >nicer interior
    >better handling

Its the same power and same price on the used market because of honda tax