Are hondas actually reliable cars? Ive heard they have transmission issues

Are hondas actually reliable cars? Ive heard they have transmission issues

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

honda automatics from 1980 from 2006 be like: ACK!!!!!!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

sorry for my bad esl-tier shitpost. I'm Druk after work. But really, Honda transmissions are fine, as long as it's a manual. Their autos sucked for the longest time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if NA engine with standard then yes. Otherwise avoid it like the plague.

90% of cars in america are automatics

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

yeah and most honda autos that are still running slam into the next gear so hard it feels like you hit a speedbump at 40mph, and they don't have 3rd or 4th anymore

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Sad innit?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And yet they were still more reliable than Mitsubishi, nissan, and isuzu automatic transmissions at the time

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nah, even some of their manuals are dogshit, especially on diesels.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>magically fixes slipping transmissions in your path
        I owned numerous '80s-'90s Hondamatics that slipped, and the Lucas snake oil fixed each one and even a few that my friends drove. In one case, I sold a Honda that slipped horribly before adding the oil, and not only did it fix it while I kept driving it, but the guy I sold it to drove it ~5 more years just fine.
        As a second note: Many of these years of notorious Honda autos had the solenoids mounted on the outside and would get clogged - removing them, cleaning the screen with brake cleaner and reinstalling it would also help improve flow and transmission feel.
        >t. auto croozer

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if NA engine with standard then yes. Otherwise avoid it like the plague.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have heard this and my 2001 Honda accord had a bad 4th gear. They are good cars if you buy them new or lightly used and take care of them. I liked mine a lot but bought it way to beat up. I had a brand new accord and it was awesome. I took excellent care of it and it never had a problem. Too bad it got totaled

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that sounds worse than a fricking dodge

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I never had bad gears on my 01 accord transmission, despite all the stuff I heard about it. However, it was mechanically totalled last year when the engine shot a rod. $4500 for 8 years of driving roughly 8000 miles on it yearly isn't too bad though, I miss vtec now that I'm in a first gen highlander.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My 2008 civic is going just fine with 332k miles

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yea transmission are ass, rather get toyota for reliability

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Are hondas actually reliable cars?
    in general yeah
    >Ive heard they have transmission issues
    don't buy a car with a first generation of a new honda transmission. the ones that have been around for a few years are fine

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>don't buy a car with a first generation of a new honda transmission
      This.
      2008 accord with well-developed H5 troony > 2003 accord with brand new H5 troony >>>>>>> 2012 accord with CVT

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Idk where they got the reputation, throughout the 90s they had timing belts which are a fricking joke. They insisted on using them for decades and of course timing belts break and whip around in the engine bay breaking a bunch of other shit. Worse it leaves you stranded, happened to my mom's Integra. I just realized my mom casually had an Integra and my dad a Celica. No wonder I like japcrap tuners.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Don't be a lazy Black person and do your maintenance on time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Timing belts on interference engines was the dumbest shit Honda ever did. Toyota atleast had non interference engines with their timing belts so if the belt went you weren't also replacing the head

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>replacing the head
        Brother that shit is enough to brick the entire motor when pistons and valves meet in unholy matrimony

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Depends on how the belt snaps. At low speed the valves are usually bent but don't actually break off like they would if the engine was at a higher rpm

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Won't it just jump teeth long before it snaps?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Chains can, belts can lose teeth but generally stay in time till they snap

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

huh. never would've known that. Cheers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Chains give a lot of warning before they let go. You'll almost always get a Cam/crank position correlation fault before failure

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My 2019 accord was phenomenal until my parents bought it off me. I expect it to serve them for a long time. Totally problem free when I had it and theyve had 0 problems with it. Best part is I still get to drive it whenever I visit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Found a picture. Love this thing

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Cool charger

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they don't last long like toyotas. maybe some homosexual will be all pissey at the statment becuase they are mexican and drive a 94 civic. they rusted to nothing anywhere else, and paco has already replaced everything.

i've own a few high mileage hondas. they all shit the bed at like 175k. everything starts to go bad.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Like every car it really depends on the specific model, motor, and transmission.
    On their god cars with a K20/K24 and a manual and not being owned by an absolute moron they are reliable and will easily hit 250k+ miles all day long.
    You buy one of their worse motors, automatic, and owned by a frickwit you will hate the car and brand probably.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Don't forget the r18 engine.
      150k miles and ten years with only regular maintenance on the poverty tier 9th gen, and the only thing I've ever had to do to it in an unscheduled manner was clear a code at 120k miles for a potentially stuck thermostat.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

On my R18 2008 civic all I've had to do was replace the thermostat, and the starter. Otherwise it's been regular maintenance. 332k miles

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Are hondas actually reliable cars?

Just take a look at home many old ones are on the road, anon. There's your answer right there

>Ive heard they have transmission issues
    The CVT they make is hilariously better than every troony they made aside from the 5 speed manual.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honda’s material of choice for transmissions

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *