are japanese cars really more reliable than american trucks or is it just weeb cope

are japanese cars really more reliable than american trucks or is it just weeb cope

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why do you make these threads

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

OP just homosexual attention seeker.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the highest percentage of recorded million mile vehicles are old school american diesel trucks, so no. trucks by any manufacturer tend to be more reliable than their equivalent cars. the highest mileage toyotas are mostly trucks as well.

trucks tend to be built with heavier components and are more moron proof than cars.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Japanese cars are much better than American cars. But this guy is right

There are more million mile 90s dodge pickups than every Japanese automaker combined cars and trucks of all eras. Ford 7.3s, pre emissions ccuked duramxes, and all generation Cummins trucks regularly hit absurdly high mileage that Japanese vehicles could never. It’s partly because American diesel pickups use legitimate medium duty diesel engines that no other country will put in a pickup. Powerstoke blocks weight 900 pounds and Cummins weigh like 1,200 pounds. They’re very overbuilt motors for the application, so they last forever. The most reliable engine ever sold in a vehicle purchasable with a regular license is a 5.9l Cummins.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yes, and over the course of that million miles these trucks consume $1 million worth of fuel. You see, this is your problem: you're just awful at simple math like that. Who else is awful at math? moronic tradies who are the target demographic for domestic trucks. Who is the target demographic for japanese cars: Patrick Bateman-tier successful high achievers. Likewise the target demographic for german Mercedes/BMWs are old boomers who can barely move their obese bodies. I think this is the main source of coping with japanese cars: moronic tradies and wanna-be boomers in their 15 year old clapped out BMWs really hate successful people, so bashing japanese vehicles is their way of coping with it psychologically.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>the target demographic for german Mercedes/BMWs are old boomers who can barely move their obese bodies
        Now this is a true cope. Old people don't like paying for shit and sure as hell wouldn't want to be maintaining something like that, they just buy a Lexus or some cheap Hyundai.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/aaMx96x.jpeg

Japanese cars are much better than American cars. But this guy is right

There are more million mile 90s dodge pickups than every Japanese automaker combined cars and trucks of all eras. Ford 7.3s, pre emissions ccuked duramxes, and all generation Cummins trucks regularly hit absurdly high mileage that Japanese vehicles could never. It’s partly because American diesel pickups use legitimate medium duty diesel engines that no other country will put in a pickup. Powerstoke blocks weight 900 pounds and Cummins weigh like 1,200 pounds. They’re very overbuilt motors for the application, so they last forever. The most reliable engine ever sold in a vehicle purchasable with a regular license is a 5.9l Cummins.

People forget that diesel in general is just going to be significantly more bulletproof than gas engines are. Any diesel engine will have
      >iron block
      >self lubricating
      >fat shafts
      >low rpm's
      You can find shitty diesel engines in history but thats just shitty manufacturers cutting corners where they otherwise shouldnt.
      Some poverty spec 1.9 TDI volkswagen engine probably also has million mile potential. Just nobody has bothered to force a 2001 passat to a million miles because... why would you do that. Trucks are actually utilitarian so it makes sense to keep them around though.
      The caveat is bullshit diesel problems. Fuel filtration. Turbo system failures. Injectors clogging. Manifold buildup. etc. And your dieselbro mechanic raping you

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I used to believe it but I've been hearing about issues from Toyotas a lot lately, even Camry's seem to have some weird shitty problems arise and parts aren't as cheap as expected.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

We'd have to see how they fare in the reliability rankings with their new hybrids and turbos hitting the market.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't think anyone has ever made that claim because a body on frame under stressed v8 or diesel is typically going to go longer it's not economical for a lot of people they do mog american cars since they haven't put effort into them in decades

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In my life I've driven cars from Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi -as well as a Volswagen, some Chryslers and a Chevrolet- and the Japanese cars have never given me any trouble at all.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My co-workers miata has broke down and has since been abandoned in our workplace parking lot
      Someone i know bought a Lexus with 200k miles on it thinking it would last forever, only for the troony to get stuck in reverse, and shit the bed.
      My own shitsubishi broke down before 100k miles and forced me to walk to work while it was being repaired.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>japanese cars
    >american trucks

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Old American trucks (80s-early 2000s)>=Japanese trucks from the 90s>New Jap cars/trucks>>>>>New American cars/trucks

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

dude everything Americans make is junk. Don't ever compare it to nip steel and nip work ethics

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

american made = factory of Black folk

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Literally. Most of them are felons too. No point in supporting them by buying their shit. They got off easy in jail and now they want to sell their labour at a rate equivalent to that of a Japanese man.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

american made = factory of Black folk

Literally. Most of them are felons too. No point in supporting them by buying their shit. They got off easy in jail and now they want to sell their labour at a rate equivalent to that of a Japanese man.

>EHHH! AMELIKKKA!
      Post your country's auto.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The big difference is 'made in Japan', not just Japanese brand. This will likely stop mattering soon as jeets are being flooded into Nippon. But 'made in the USA' just means made by Mexicans in a factory located in the US.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Made in Japan already means made in Japan by Chinese, Filipinos, Brazilians, Kurds, and Jeets (inc. Sri Lankans, Pakis, etc)

Just like your average German car is made either by a Pole, Balkanoid, Russian, Turk, Nafri, African, or frickup alcoholic of a East German who isn't better than the first two.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Trucks outlast cars, no asterisk or qualification and america did trucks better so no. As far as cars specifically Japan had a massive edge in reliability in the 90s especially looking at GOAT'd engines like the 2JZ and the Sirius but in current year it's all disposable shit anyway so it doesn't matter

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>are japanese cars really more reliable than american trucks
    This often comes down to cherry-picking brands but as whole:
    American Trucks > Japanese Trucks
    Japanese Cars > American Cars

As for Japanese cars vs American Trucks, they're completely different vehicles for different purposes.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

bro....trucks are much heavier and INHERANTLY less reliable as a result. A Japanese car will need much less maintenance than a truck, that's common sense. I have mainly owned cars from the 2000s, so my opinion might not be that relevant. I don't like honda or subaru. Lexus/Toyota > the other brands in your pic.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

weeb cope

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

White boy trailer trash hands typed these posts.
      >pic related

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's true,only people who live in countries where the hilux isn't sold would disagree

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

hilux has less million mile examples than american trucks.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

im talking about new cars

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

same rule applies. less high mileage examples.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

it's true,only people who live in countries where the hilux isn't sold would disagree

>Zero emission standards

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Japanese cars
    >High revving overstressed turbocharged engines and hybrids
    American trucks
    >Big naturally aspirated V8s that don't need to rev out for power
    American trucks are built for commercial purposes and are designed to be durable

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The N/A V8s all have top end issues (lifters/cams) and the Fords are now overstressed turbo engines

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Half tons aren't trucks. They're just sedans with beds. They're just lease queens and aren't designed to last like a 3/4 ton. Something simple like a Godzilla 7.3 should be fairly reliable and long lasting. GM and Ram also have some high displacement gas engines in the works too.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>longitudinal engine layout
          >body on frame
          >low revving torqy v8
          >rear wheel drive
          >much beefier drivetrain

yeah, half tons arent sedans with a bed

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Old american trucks ending in the 2000's were extremely reliable. Japanese trucks were much more about being simple and so their reliability was more on them being extremely easy to fix as well as being long lasting, but they would rust like motherfrickers if in salt/sand areas. new american trucks are shitty because they are more luxury SUVs with beds than rugged while japanese trucks were still about being simple, until very recently with the recent toyota trucks gowing through a brutal teething period as they go to hybrids. Nissan trucks are still undeniable

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *