are manual transmissions an annoyance for city driving? i live in la and never driven manual.

are manual transmissions an annoyance for city driving? i live in la and never driven manual.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

not unless you drive sleep deprived often
    >t. constantly drives sleep deprived

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

they are completely fine even in bumper to bumper traffic, you just need to leave some space with the car infront of you and coast in gear, avoid using the clutch as much as possible, never ride the clutch unless you absolutely have to

an advantage of manual cars is that you cannot fall asleep while driving

there's a reason the only people who drive manual in heavy traffic areas are truckers getting paid to do it

never driving an automatic, cope and seethe

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>you cannot fall asleep while driving
        this is true as long as it's not all 5th gear and highway.
        however my clutch control becomes ass when i'm very tired and shifts become rather sloppy...
        too much of that and i'll ruin my perfect and chatterless clutch.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>they are completely fine even in bumper to bumper traffic
        there's a stretch of road on my daily commute that always gets backed up, i always make it a game of how far i can go without ever touching any of the pedals, while also not leaving too big a gap in front. i've managed to make it all the way from the start to finish a few times but i still need to get better at it. the cool thing is when you see the vehicles behind figure out what you're doing and they leave a bit of a gap themselves doing the same thing

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>there's a stretch of road on my daily commute that always gets backed up, i always make it a game of how far i can go without ever touching any of the pedals, while also not leaving too big a gap in front. i've managed to make it all the way from the start to finish a few times but i still need to get better at it. the cool thing is when you see the vehicles behind figure out what you're doing and they leave a bit of a gap themselves doing the same thing
          good job anon, this is exactly how to fix traffic
          if everyone did that, the congestion would not exist in the first place. isn't that crazy to think about?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>if everyone drove at 5mph there wouldn't be any stop and go traffic, BIG W

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

there's a reason the only people who drive manual in heavy traffic areas are truckers getting paid to do it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I don't want to have to think about shifting when I'm surrounded by people who are on their phones in traffic that aren't paying attention. Not even a big city, just a metropolitan area spanning from Metairie to Mobile.

Shit I wish Honda would pay me to drive a manual Fit around, I would rather trade it for a model with a torque converter and a regular planetary automatic.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A manual is annoying if you can never actually move. Stop and go sucks.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's way more fun in city driving
    It sucks if you have a long-ass highway commute with a lot of traffic, but in the city it's engaging and you get to row through gears and make zoom-zoom noises

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you won't even notice unless
    >you eat/text while driving
    >you have to stop and start on hills all the time
    >bench seat/car sex

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why would you manually do extra work with no real advantage? Do you also hand wash your dishes?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yes.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

no, cities are an annoyance for driving

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's definitely an annoyance in stop and go traffic but it's more fun in almost every other situation.

9. 1 month ago
    Bepis

Sitting in rush hour traffic on the interstate where it’s 20mph-stop-10mph-stop-5mph-15mph-stop is super annoying in a manuél. To do it somewhat comfortably, you need a vehicle with a low 1st gear like a pickup, a long 1st gear in a sports car would be even more annoying, and even then in the low 1st vehicle, you try to coast in 1st a bit to save your knee but a constant stream of buttholes will jump in front of you in traffic as soon as that gap opens.

If you’re an impatient driver and have to commute in that daily, I wouldn’t recommend it, at the very least rent a stick for a week or two and experience it before buying.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

sports cars have short first gears

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I not only got rid of manual because of city driving, but because how driving has gotten worse all around. The number of BLACK WOMEN and OLD PEOPLE has increased so there's stupid driving on all roads, even the highway, even the backroads.

I'm sick of driving around black women and olds so I went to flappy paddles. My left ankle feels better but my right is still getting sore all the time.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They are for some, not for others. It feels automatic to me. I don't even think about it. Other people suffer mental torture and burn clutches. I have never burnt a clutch. It's a matter of perspective.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Annoying when people creep along just slower than you do idling in 1st so you have to constantly frick around with the clutch, or plod along just fast enough that you don't want to stay in a low gear but still slow enough upshifting won't be helpful. That said it's infuriating when people do either of these things regardless of whether you're driving stick or auto so we'll count this as a strike against humanity as a whole rather than the type of transmission.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

"Are non self driving cars an annoyance for places with twisty roads?" - DA in the future
    It's about as annoying as paying attention to the road and driving your car is annoying.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *