Are people being told to drive slowly in the middle lane?

Are people being told to drive slowly in the middle lane? On 6 lane highways there's always a giant caravan of cars going 5-10 under the limit in the middle lane and the right lane is completely empty or being used as the passing lane.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    I Love You

THE MIDDLE LANE IS FOR 5 OVER CRUISING!!!

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Stay home if you can’t maintain the speed limit in dry conditions.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its amazing how many women, and men who might as well be women, drive slowly because they think if you can hear your vehicle's engine, you must be doing damage. The average Subaru owner seems to think going over 3,000 RPM is going to blow their shit up (it probably would, but we won't tell them that.)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

gay

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

lick my nuts, queer

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

With Subarus, the opposite is true. You want to keep the RPM over 2k cause otherwise they blow headgaskets from lugging them. Back when i had a 92 automatic Subaru, id occasionally just put it in 1st gear and it would shift at redline, downshift to 1k below redline. Pretty awesome programming that they dropped. Anyways never had engine problems with that one.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>overtakes on the right
    not my problem

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

a lot of new drivers ed courses are telling drivers that the middle lane is the safest lane. this is meant to be applicable to 3 lanes per side stroads inside of busy cities where there is no suicide lane and no dedicated right turn lanes and a lot of traffic stopping to turn. if you know SR-66/US-441 in Tennessee you know what i'm talking about.
    the drivers ed courses fail to mention that on all other roads, to keep right except to pass. truckers and cops also fail to set a good example for drivers because they always stay one lane over from the rightmost lane because they're scared of that lane turning into an exit only lane or people merging into them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Middle lane is safest though. Both left and right are taken over by morons aggressively passing or weaving through traffic. Let them go through, not my problem.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

thats just a different breed of morons, theyre aware not to ride the left most lane but theyre afraid of potential merging traffic in the right lane. they think they can camp the middle and just turn their brain off

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Which is moronic because now you have to deal with people wanting to get off the highway from the left lane and people coming on from the right. Want to turn your brain off? Just follow the flow of traffic (going 15 over in my state) in the left lane. Now all you have to do is keep a good speed and never worry about anything on the left and yet people still frick this up.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I will drive in any lane which makes my commute easier, with the least lane changes possible, in anticipation of my next turn or exit, and I will have my cruise control set on the speed limit only. If you want to go faster you're a shit eating criminal who should be shot and choked while in handcuffs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Then why do you drive in the middle lane

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There are some portions of highway where middle lane continues ahead, left lane diverges to another direction, right lanes are exits.
        I don't care if its 5 miles ahead, if I know I need to be in that middle lane, I'm going to get in that middle lane as soon as I can. Rat race behavior is for 70 IQ mutants. I am eternally chilling in my lane.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

5miles is way too soon, sorry.
          I agree it sucks when you're in the right most lane for your intended direcrtion but also in the left most lane to the diverting direction

Yes, the second lane on any 3-4 lane highway is the slow lane
          The first lane is for merging on and off the highway
          The third lane and any greater lanes are for passing, overtaking...speeding in general
          The outermost lane should be avoided unless passing, overtaking, and shens in general

No, there is only the lane of travel and various passing lanes to the left of each other unless otherwised signed.
          If entering and exiting traffic scare you, you need to turn in your license. You cannot be in the way and turn a six lane highway effectively into one because you cannot do what we allow our nations literal children to do every day

Americans have this idea that in 3 or more lanes, the right most lane becomes a exit/merging lane, the middle lane becomes the cruising lane, and the left most lane becomes the passing lane.
          Doesn't help that at least near me, any time a road gets a 3rd lane it merges back into 2 in a few miles, and the right lanes are the ones to go. So everyone just sits in the middle in fear of getting stuck in an exit only lane.
          tldr America's road system fricking sucks and Americans are stupid

The system works fine, no one uses it properly is the problem

This is how I always treat it. Left lane is for people going faster than the speed limit so I stay out of that, and the right lane is a merging lane for traffic getting on the freeway so I stay out of that too. I legitimately don't see the issue with going the speed limit in the middle lane because if someone's going faster they can just go into the open left lane and overtake like it's designed for.

We fricking already have on and off ramps for that

Rightmost lane is to help merge and exits when three or more lanes. Stop crying. You have leftmost lane for overtake. Use that.

Incorrect

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You are incorrect

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

speeding isnt a criminal offense tho, next time you do 1 over you should have a nice day based on your own logic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Its a misdemeanor up to a point, beyond that depending on your speed and other factors it can be a felony. If you want to be reckless and endanger other people on the road to arrive at a destination 1min earlier you're 100% a high time preference melaninated moron.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

5-10 over still isnt criminal and using lanes properly and signalling to change isnt reckless or endangering anyone. cry me a river

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you're driving like a sane person then my post clearly doesn't apply to you

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Free country innit bruv

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes, the second lane on any 3-4 lane highway is the slow lane
    The first lane is for merging on and off the highway
    The third lane and any greater lanes are for passing, overtaking...speeding in general
    The outermost lane should be avoided unless passing, overtaking, and shens in general

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The first lane is for merging on and off the highway
      The on- exit- ramp is for merging on and off the highway.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

AMERICANS ARE FRICKING STUPID, MORE AT 11

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>There's always cars on the road going 2mph slower than I want to go, inconveniencing me for .5 seconds!
    That's called traffic buddy and at the rate we are going it's going to get a lot worse

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Americans have this idea that in 3 or more lanes, the right most lane becomes a exit/merging lane, the middle lane becomes the cruising lane, and the left most lane becomes the passing lane.
    Doesn't help that at least near me, any time a road gets a 3rd lane it merges back into 2 in a few miles, and the right lanes are the ones to go. So everyone just sits in the middle in fear of getting stuck in an exit only lane.
    tldr America's road system fricking sucks and Americans are stupid

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Americans have this idea that in 3 or more lanes, the right most lane becomes a exit/merging lane, the middle lane becomes the cruising lane, and the left most lane becomes the passing lane.
      This is literally the law in my state, and it's what you're trained to do in driving school. State police guidance is that only the leftmost lane is for passing and you should otherwise stay in whichever lane is going the speed you want to go. Our signs also say "slower traffic keep right" rather than "keep right except to pass."
      >Doesn't help that at least near me, any time a road gets a 3rd lane it merges back into 2 in a few miles, and the right lanes are the ones to go. So everyone just sits in the middle in fear of getting stuck in an exit only lane.
      This is also a big problem in my area, and there are also many points where as many as the three rightmost lanes of a 5-lane freeway lead into an interchange.

All that aside, I don't know how people can think everybody trying to stay as far right as possible would even work anywhere except rural low-traffic routes, any major urban or suburban area barely has enough capacity for all the cars on the road with all 4+ lanes filled and people constantly trying to weave back and forth would lead to total chaos.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>any major urban or suburban area barely has enough capacity for all the cars on the road with all 4+ lanes filled

If you slowgays would drive faster, the capacity of roads increases

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>3 or more lanes, the right most lane becomes a exit/merging lane, the middle lane becomes the cruising lane, and the left most lane becomes the passing lane.
      This usually happens because idiots don't get up to speed to merge smoothly with the flow of traffic

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The world is full of below average people who think they are above average.

People think going the speed limit is fast enough and nobody else should go faster

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You fit squarely in the below average category. Driving laws are there to ensure order and predictability in traffic. Low IQ egotists like you believe themselves above the npcs but you will fold the same as anyone else when you put yourself into a situation that you don't have the space or time to react to.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

right lane is the slow lane, middle lane is speed limit left is overtaking

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is how I always treat it. Left lane is for people going faster than the speed limit so I stay out of that, and the right lane is a merging lane for traffic getting on the freeway so I stay out of that too. I legitimately don't see the issue with going the speed limit in the middle lane because if someone's going faster they can just go into the open left lane and overtake like it's designed for.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All lanes are for overtaking. It doesn't matter which lane slowgays pick as long as they group together single file and not parallel to other slowgays. The problem is that slowgays like to use every lane and block all lanes.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rightmost lane is to help merge and exits when three or more lanes. Stop crying. You have leftmost lane for overtake. Use that.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP, you're doing Gods work but don't even try.
    There are simply too many morons on the road who feel they are right to drive in the passing lanes.
    You can explain, you can show videos like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd8PyH7OtNo&list=FLdpFXcz87Y1SQ-iewbGm91A&index=94&pp=gAQB8AUB, it won't matter because there are simply too many of them.

What really gets me is when they're arguing how exciting and entering traffic makes them piss themselves so they stay center, but then they do the same thing on the BRIDGE?! Who's gonna exit or enter on the fricking bridge, Aquaman???!!

These NPCs are simply why we cannot have nice things

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Middle lane is also known as the "trucker lane" because truckers use it to stay out of the way of exits/on-ramps and out of the way of psychotics trying to haul ass past them on the left.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

maybe they have to turn left at some point and dont want to be cutting people off to get back to the left side?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If people were only in the passing lanes momentarily to pass, it wouldn'rt be so hard to fight left

Middle lane is safest though. Both left and right are taken over by morons aggressively passing or weaving through traffic. Let them go through, not my problem.

Frickinf bullshit it is

This is precisely why driving is The Great IQ Test. It takes actual fricking braincells to A) understand that any time youre not in the rightmost lane, you have an obligation to the traffic behind you to speed up or move the frick over, and B) that just because it makes you feel safer to crooooze in the the "croooozing lane," it only creates a problem for everyone else that isnt scared of their car and scared of driving (moving one lane over for incoming traffic then immediately moving back is really hard and scary i know).

Driving any other way than right lane cruise, every other pass, is just proof of low cognitive function.

Thank you

Sorry but I’m not going to autistically weave back and forth between meth-addled 70 IQ truckers and octogenarians merging into traffic at 30 under just to appease your homosexual autobahn fantasies. There’s almost no time where I’m not going faster than normcattle traffic anyway so I’ll stay in whatever lane enables me to do this best. Remove these “people” from the road first and then we can talk.

YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO IF EVERYONE DID THE RIGHT THING AND KEPT RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Most likely they're immigrants from dirt countries so they have no idea how to drive

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Have you tried chilling out? You don't need to floor it everywhere you go. What, did you forget your purse at home or something?

• 2 months ago
      I Greased p's mom with my cock

can you say the word Black person on ifunny?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

right lane is where everyone merges on or off, if you tow something, drive a big rig or just want to croooze with cruise control thats not the lane to be in.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is precisely why driving is The Great IQ Test. It takes actual fricking braincells to A) understand that any time youre not in the rightmost lane, you have an obligation to the traffic behind you to speed up or move the frick over, and B) that just because it makes you feel safer to crooooze in the the "croooozing lane," it only creates a problem for everyone else that isnt scared of their car and scared of driving (moving one lane over for incoming traffic then immediately moving back is really hard and scary i know).

Driving any other way than right lane cruise, every other pass, is just proof of low cognitive function.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sorry but I’m not going to autistically weave back and forth between meth-addled 70 IQ truckers and octogenarians merging into traffic at 30 under just to appease your homosexual autobahn fantasies. There’s almost no time where I’m not going faster than normcattle traffic anyway so I’ll stay in whatever lane enables me to do this best. Remove these “people” from the road first and then we can talk.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if youre going faster then youre fulfilling your obligation to traffic behind by not impeding them. youre not the problem, its precisely the people you named that are. this is another aspect of the problem, where enough people not following the rules also demotivates the remaining unmoronic few

22. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

If they are already doing the limit then darnit why would you think its ok to overtake them?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

because the speed limit shown on your meter is 5-10% lower than reality and there is lots of drivers who know this or they straight out dont care.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The rightmost is used by local traffic mostly. If passed bys would use it, this would lead to useless jams. Use the fricking leftmost lane to overtake . Its so fricking simple.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Personally I just zoom 80mph minimum on the left until I need to take an exit. Sometimes I’ll go 100 if its up one of those big ass mountain slopes, PAgays will know what I’m talking about.
    >or until a bunch of fricks clog up the lanes going no faster than 60 in the left despite perfectly clear weather and visibility for some fricking reason

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

95 in virginia is hell
    left lane is all morons, middle lane is all semis, no one uses the right lane, and traffic always ends up being these clusters of 20 or so cars that block traffic, then you have to zoom past them so you can go back to the right lane, by yourself, and not have that many cars around you until you hit another blockade. Even at 11pm homosexual semi drivers will cruise in the middle lane with noone around
    Then you get the Black folk tailgating people within 5 inches, that are in the left lane cruising, only to go around them, and do the exact same thing. They don't into that they could be impeding someone else, but bix nood

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I-35 in Texas is the same. There's never any break in the traffic. Morning rush-hour transitions straight into everyone driving into the city to do various jobs and going to doctor's appointments transitions directly into lunch traffic transitions directly into people picking up their kids from school transitions directly into afternoon rush-hour traffic. Roads are fricking unusable from 6:30am to 9:00pm. It's horrible.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *