Are porsche hypebeasts going to come for the 996? Ive recently started seeing them all over social media

Are porsche hypebeasts going to come for the 996? I’ve recently started seeing them all over social media

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you mean like this post?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

ha! got eem

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i saw a yellow one on the freeway a few weeks ago they actually have aged pretty well

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the dealership israelites wont rest until you have to spend 4 million on used panameras to unlock the porsche premium +™ package to be able to buy 7 taycans and suck off the local dealer and let him frick your wife and then you will finally be able to maybe eventually perhaps perchance purchase a 21 year old 996s auto(couldnt find a gt3 sweaty :^))

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That’s actually a good thing. Look at the Turk posters

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is this how car dealerships work in America?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you don't know most supercar dealers have an "exclusivity" list for loyal customers, so that when some special new model comes along you can get the option to buy it. This often means spending sometthing like 1-2 million on shit you don't want.

Some guy made a youtube video about it, how he wanted to buy a 911 GT3 RS (in the uk), and he couldn't just go into a dealer and buy one. Even after casually mentioning owning stuff like a 2 Carrera GTs and other Porsches he was still denied. Until they offered him a deal, he could get a brand new GT2 RS, spec'd how he wanted but only if he also brought 3 Porsche Taycan Turbo S for the max price of 169 grand per car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Porsche are the only dealers that do this. Their owners clubs, at least in the UK, are terrible

You are expected to write a letter of application to buy anything remotely interesting and they will straight up take your car off you before it's registered to sell to someone with a better "brand history"

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Porsche are the only dealers that do this. Their owners clubs, at least in the UK, are terrible

You are expected to write a letter of application to buy anything remotely interesting and they will straight up take your car off you before it's registered to sell to someone with a better "brand history"

This seems like Ferrari levels of snobbery and bullshittery. I like the autism that goes into Porsche engineering from a performance standpoint, but everything else about the brand is off-putting.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i heard they dont even sell RS models to random homosexuals, like they demand you actually a racing driver and will race it on a track, which is kind of cool actually, cause it is beyond gay to drive your GT3 RS around town and do burnouts in a parking lot, i approve

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, they just want you to have bought loads of other Porsches at that level. It's boomer gatekeeping. Racing drivers buy the cars in a completely different way. Nothing leaving a dealership is FIA spec

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you mean the cheapest 911 is getting attention from people who cannot afford a better 911? What else is new... if you want one, go buy one. The price is going up cause, its the cheapest most hated 911 so those who cannot afford a better 911 are buying whats left.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Imagine properly maintaining a $20k car that has the same running cost of the much better $50k 997. My bet is..... they won't.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

997.1s are even bigger pieces of shit than 996s…also 993s used to be cheap too

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>its the cheapest most hated 911

No one who knows anything has ever hated the 996 turbo

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The Turbo model didn't come out until YEARS after the 996 was already in production. By then, the reputation of the 996 was already sullied and considered a worse car than the previous generations.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>By then, the reputation of the 996 was already sullied and considered a worse car than the previous generations.

Do zoomers not understand how google works?

All the negativity surrounded the 996 was from the initial launch of the water cooled engine and the pre face lift 996 base being kinda ugly.

The 996 turbo came out in 2000 and was an instant hit solidifying the platforms reputation.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The turbo and GT3 are very different

Base models are just bad from the wheels to the engine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>lightest modern 911
            >abundant manual examples
            >basic interior won't become as dated as newer models with tech
            >throttle cable
            >physical oil dipstick
            >easy to wrench on
            >less prone to bore scoring than 997s
            >affordable
            ims bearing issue aside it is the far and away best "driver's" 911 for the money. only a matter of time for the analog meme to kick in and jack up the prices

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>basic interior won't become as dated as newer models with tech
            Those interiors were dated when the 996 first hit showroom floors.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i own a base model 996 for ten years and I think you're absolutely wrong. fine cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The facelift 996 are still ugly af.
            It's more that the pompous 911 crowd couldn't stomach how similar it was to the budget offering.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>80% of a 911
            >engine in the correct location
            These lil homies are incredible value. Find one with a blown engine for next to nothing and the VW 1.8T swaps right in since they literally use a Passat transmission

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>80% of a 911
            >engine in the correct location
            These lil homies are incredible value. Find one with a blown engine for next to nothing and the VW 1.8T swaps right in since they literally use a Passat transmission

Gen 1 boxters are garbage, better to save your money for a gen 2/cayman. They're amazing value for money right now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's quite literally the same chassis, bro

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The 987 shits all over the 986 in the looks department. Not to mention if you’re a boxtergay, the 3.4 in the 987 revision is better than the m96’s in the 986, to say nothing of the 987.2. Plus the 986 just feels worse to drive. I wouldn’t get one over an s2000.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>point out how you can get a 986 shell for like sub $2k and swap an actual good engine in it
            >"akshully if you spend more than 10 times as much you can get the same chassis with the slightly less shit M97 instead!"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That’s a moronic swap and (YOU) and your dumb westfalen ass knows it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You actually have no idea what you're talking about

DA continues to be utterly clueless about cars, color me shocked

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>BRO if you just run 1000 gorillion bars of boost it makes 400 horsepower BRO it won't grenade TRUST me bro
            Only reason euros care about that piece of crap is because of engine displacement laws.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What laws are those?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>All the negativity surrounded the 996 was from the initial launch of the water cooled engine and the pre face lift 996 base being kinda ugly.
            Yeah, and that was the only option for literally YEARS (plus the high failure rate of the IMS). By the time the Turbo and GT models came out, Porschegays had already written the 996 off as soft, bloated, and overall inferior to the previous generations. That mentality persists to this day regardless of whether or not you want to acknowledge that most 996 are not a Turbo or GT.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

> That mentality persists to this day regardless

The mentality persists between dumbass zoomers such as yourself that don't know shit about these cars or how they were perceived when they were new

> By the time the Turbo and GT models came out, Porschegays had already written the 996 off as soft,

The 996 turbo was already well known when the 996 base has been out for less than a year, moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The mentality persists between dumbass zoomers such as yourself that don't know shit about these cars or how they were perceived when they were new
            Ironic comment when it's coming from you, zoomer.

>The 996 turbo was already well known when the 996 base has been out for less than a year, moron
            Fake news, moron. 996 was already out for the was being produced in 1997 for MY1998. The Turbo didn't get a public debut until 1999 Frankfurt show and didn't go into production until the MY2001. It was a good 3 years of production between the Carrera and the Turbo hitting the streets. That's solid 3 years of Porschegays dunking on how shit the 996 was. The Turbo/GTs didn't single-handedly salvage the reputation of the 996 like your zoomer brain think it did.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you can go back and read the old forum posts from back in the day, i think a lot of the dunking from porschegays was unfair. they were just mad the era of aircooled ended even though the 996 performed better than the 993 in basically every category. way before the ims issue even became known everyone hated it because it "sounded like a vacuum cleaner" which is not even remotely true

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The reason why Porschegays hated it was because driving it felt less lively and drivers felt more detached compared to the older cars. It was the 911 for soft boys, women, and old people. And it looked effeminate.

Complaints about it no longer being air-cooled is warranted only by people who had been wrenching on their own cars for years and they had PLENTY of other shit to complain about with the 996.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

How is it less lively and detached when it’s the lightest modern 911, it’s on an better redesigned chassis and it’s engine is happy at higher rev ranges than the air cooleds? I’ve driven one and i eventually want to get one

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Anyone complaining how it drives hasn't actually driven one

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>How is it less lively and detached when it’s the lightest modern 911
            Because it wasn't that much lighter and by the time it got a mid-cycle facelift, it actually weighed more than the air-cooled cars. Regardless, playing the numbers game is tantamount to benchracing so it's irrelevant to why the 996 was so disliked. Drive a 993 or 964 along side a 996 and the old cars feel more pared down and less sheltered from the environment.

> I’ve driven one and i eventually want to get one
            Good for you. The world is your oyster if that is true.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>was the 911 for soft boys, women, and old people. And it looked effeminate.
            That's what it was always for. It was a VW Beetle for people with money. It wasn't a TVR death machine or a Viper or whatever. It was for architects and investment bankers to drive to wine bars

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>considered a worse car than the previous generations
          Despite being lighter and more powerful than the 993 lmfao

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

996/997s are so good looking

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>fried egg

Kind of the ‘ick’ thing the zoomers talk about. Plus the 90s GM interior and McDonald’s

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

everyone knows theyre are mechanically just another 911
    >good thing
    theyre just ugly, which is subjective
    >bad thing
    for me the perfomance doesnt over rule the looks, epesically when all of the models surrounding it look better and have similar or better perf

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i thought they already did 3 years ago

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

As someone who’s been in the market for a non beat to shit or ultra low mile 996 turbo for over 2 years, frick every single one of you. This car market is such dog shit that it makes my mouth taste like copper. I hate social media so much

my point exactly lol. good luck with the search.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Different but related subject, boxster yay or nay?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not a real Porsche

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not a real Porsche

Speaking of which, I was wondering what the consensus was on the Cayenne?
      It might "Not be a real Porsche" but objectively it seems like a great all-rounder, at least on paper.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i like the macan

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

pls no, it's the only one in my reach

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As someone who’s been in the market for a non beat to shit or ultra low mile 996 turbo for over 2 years, frick every single one of you. This car market is such dog shit that it makes my mouth taste like copper. I hate social media so much

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just bought a 90k mile 997. Can confirm the engines are pieces of shit. Stuff breaks just by touching it. Rest of he car is incredible. Best thing I've ever driven. Driven a lot of coll stuff. Love the car, handling, power etc. Car itself, everything else is super reliable. Everything works amazingly and holds up great. Engine? Shit. Powers fantastic when it works. But it's shitty. I bought it with plans to bullet proof the engine. All coolant and vacuum systems need replaced. Water pump has a plastic wheel. Wtf. But yeah. Get one cheap and plan on building it, because it's going to break. Or buy a 996 with 100k+. Manual only. Auto is shit. Hardtop only. Convertables are gay. And don't worry about the engine size. They're all fast. Frick anything else. I don't care if I have to spend 22k to punch it out to a 4.1. 997/997 till I die. Every other car on this planet sucks ass. Save up. Don't buy anything else. Just have the engine built. The drive is worth it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

pic related, based

https://i.imgur.com/yUI3sBk.jpg

[...]
      Speaking of which, I was wondering what the consensus was on the Cayenne?
      It might "Not be a real Porsche" but objectively it seems like a great all-rounder, at least on paper.

have a nice day.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I don't care if I have to spend 22k to punch it out to a 4.1
      Just upgrade to a turbo at that point.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There will come a time when the aesthetic of the 996 outweighs mechanical concerns. When was the last time you heard someone say 993s sucked because of their expensive valve guide problems? Exactly. I think the pre-facelifts with aerokit look great

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mezger engines are only like 15k tops for a 997 turbo (473hp) and even less for a 996
    Why don't more people swap these into older 911's? Especially since there are plenty of frames floating around with no engines.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You would desecrate a real 911 with a water cooled abomination?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, it would be a shame to "desecrate" a clapped rusted to shit roller that's been rotting in some boomer's back yard for the past 30 years with one of the best engines porsche ever made.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>15k tops
      Show me where because just replacing a normal m96 as far as I know is like 30k

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305391236852

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

well slap my ass…probably would be close to 30k if you had a shop do it though

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

996 GT3 prices have already decided.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wonder if people will start importing the 996.1 gt3 now that it's been 25 years

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>997 gt3 = 100k+
    >997 gt3 cup = 60k
    surely there's a way to convert a gt3 cup to street legal status

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

depends 100% on your location. The mechanical aspect is one thing but there's also the question of VINs or possible lack thereof.
      Been done a few times though

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *