Are rear wheel drive cars good first cars? Taking my road test on Monday and not sure what to get when I pass.

Are rear wheel drive cars good first cars? Taking my road test on Monday and not sure what to get when I pass. Budget is up to $10,000. I like how Mustangs look, are they good first cars?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

CRIME Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you have to ask, the answer is no. I strongly recommend 4 doors, automatic and AWD since you are asking these questions

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I see. Makes sense since having something sporty I'm not familiar might accidentally cause my or someone else's death.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Or your own, or just really expensive insurance, not being able to haul frens/family/stuff. With a crossover, your Invisible unless you do something incredibly stupid, in which case its not a big deal.

With a sports car, everything is a big deal and people hate you. Plus its really easy to drift them and bad weather really gets annoying

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

cuvs are GAY as FRICK
          you literally don't like cars

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

just get an older frumpy rwd sedan, if you're dailying it about town you're probably not gonna notice much unless you push it around corners now and then

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

homosexual

https://i.imgur.com/r1qMK3M.jpg

Or your own, or just really expensive insurance, not being able to haul frens/family/stuff. With a crossover, your Invisible unless you do something incredibly stupid, in which case its not a big deal.

With a sports car, everything is a big deal and people hate you. Plus its really easy to drift them and bad weather really gets annoying

>muh practicality
      >get a cuckover
      homosexual

Rwd is better than fwd for a beginner. Rwd cars drive like how you'd expect a car to drive. It's easier to correct oversteer than understeer.

FWD is easier for inexperienced drivers because the instinct is usually to lift off the gas when you lose control. Good for understeer, disastrous for oversteer. OP will be fine no matter what he picks as long as he's not a moron. Look at all the videos of mustangs leaving car shows and crashing for examples of what not to do.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My first car was FWD, I spun out on roads regularly.

https://i.imgur.com/sZPgup7.jpg

Are Chargers good? They're sedans, so I'd pay less insurance, right?

No. If you want RWD, get a Crown Vic, Caprice (if available, they are getting a little long in the tooth), or a small pickup like an S10, Ranger or Dakota. Do not get anything sporty or anything without a front engine, older German cars need more thorough inspections than American ones in general BMW=Mercedes>Audi in terms of general reliability, people might fight me on this, though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Gottem
      (t. 2 doors, automatic, awd)

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rwd is better than fwd for a beginner. Rwd cars drive like how you'd expect a car to drive. It's easier to correct oversteer than understeer.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

v6 or v8?
    dont get the 5sp auto

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

RWD is perfectly fine.
    A v6 mustang is plenty fast. Doesn't hold a candle to the V8 option of course but you can definitely do dumb shit in the V8 being a new driver so sticking to the v6 isn't a bad option. Torque oversteer is not a fun experience if you don't correct for it real fast.
    Drivetrain doesn't matter. Make sure the tires are good.
    If you want a mustang, get one. The s197 line was good. The transmissions had problems due to plastic shift fork pads or something stupid. Not an issue unless you shifted like a gorilla...but people DO in these cars.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

they are bad in snow for inexperienced drivers, but besides that they are fine

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It'll be fine. My first car was a V12 RWD Jag and I never wrecked it. You don't have to be boring, get something you like.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably not. I had a 2012 Ford Mustang with a manual trans. It was fun to drive but could get quite dangerous when there was heavy rain or snow.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are Chargers good? They're sedans, so I'd pay less insurance, right?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Pretty sure those are more expensive to insure. You really shouldn't be looking at "cool" cars. You should get the most boring blob of a crossover that no one will notice or remember

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>10k for a 15 year old charger
      Fuuck that

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

V6 at that too. My friend just bought a '13 300C AWD for $5k.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

and not even a good V6 but the fricking ancient 3.5 from the intrepid and no limited slip diff

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

There are no "good" V6 LX cars. They're too heavy for a V6 so they feel labored and they're all open diff. It's why a V6 Charger/Challenger is so much slower than a V6 Mustang and Camaro.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the Pentastar's 260 some off whp is more than adequate
            the old 2.7 and 3.5 were sub-200 whp and on top of being dogshit slow simply because they were in a two ton car, were just not fun to drive. The 2.7 had water pump issues and the 3.5 was dohc and had shit all low end yorque
            the 3.6 is a big step up, no less than 90% of maximum torque is utilized from 1600-6500 rpm, it feels like a rocket ship in comparison to the boat anchors of the '90s.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

sorry the 3.5 was SOHC and had shit all low end torque
            the Pentastar on the other hand has a similar power delivery to the s/c V8s and is much more fun to drive

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/yfg3zXb.png

the benistars literal mesa of torque makes the 3.5 look like an elaborate practical joke

The torque curve an old intrepid 3.5 doesn't just fall on like your shit image implies, it just tapers off at the top because of the lack of VCT. Seems like you have no idea what you're talking about.

https://i.imgur.com/Hmn2a3L.png

compare to a hellcat
            very similar driving dynamics despite less power and no forced induction
            you simply can't compare the LH EGx to the Pentastar, one was designed for a much lighter Renault-derived fwd shitbox, the other was designed specifically to haul the fat frick LX and WD chassis around.

>compare to a hellcat
            >very similar driving dynamics despite less power and no forced induction
            So now you've just moved on to blatant moronation? Nobody with a functioning brain says a shitbox base model drives like a Hellcat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you have no idea what you're talking about
            >posts graph that literally corroborates exactly what I said

By the way

https://i.imgur.com/JmrjBtH.png

sorry the 3.5 was SOHC and had shit all low end torque
            the Pentastar on the other hand has a similar power delivery to the s/c V8s and is much more fun to drive

is literally from Chrysler sales material not some backwoods dyno with unknown calibration

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It literally says (estimated) in your image you fricking moron. Just because some moron on a Mopar fairytale board drew some shit means nothing.
            https://www.motales.com/engines/V6.php

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.allpar.com/threads/3-2-3-5-and-3-8-liter-v6-mopar-chrysler-plymouth-dodge-engines.229899/?post_id=1085223997&nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-1085223997

>actual Chrysler graph on actual Chrysler website supported by actual Chrysler engineers
            >fairy tale board
            ok moron

by the way not to make you look like an even bigger fricking moron or anything but that graph is also in the link you posted.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>but that graph is also in the link you posted.
            NTA but I think that was his point, since he said "Mopar fairytale board" and linked "MoTales".

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

motales cites allpar as the source for its information and allpar is known to be factual
            simply scrolling to the bottom of the page would have prevented that anon from making an error in his debate.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ok, but he still posted an actual dyno showing the torque curve instead of a drawing of a poor estimate. The only error in debate happening here is you taking that shitty drawing as fact.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it says estimated
            anon
            all torque curves are in fact estimated

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The 4.0 was a good engine, but Chrysler could, and did, do better. It started working on the “Phoenix Engine” under Daimler; continued under Cerberus, despite an aborted attempt by executives to kill the project and use Nissan engines instead

BASED JAP SLAPPING PENISTAR
            GAWD BLESS THE USA

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>VQ powered chargers and challengers
            Boy that woulda been a weird alternate universe, neat to think about though

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The 3.5 was SOHC and only made like 50hp less than a pentastar and the torque peaked 1k rpm lower. Either way it's not a big step up to go from a high 15s car to a high 14s car. Again, LX's are too heavy for a V6.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the benistars literal mesa of torque makes the 3.5 look like an elaborate practical joke

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

compare to a hellcat
            very similar driving dynamics despite less power and no forced induction
            you simply can't compare the LH EGx to the Pentastar, one was designed for a much lighter Renault-derived fwd shitbox, the other was designed specifically to haul the fat frick LX and WD chassis around.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Watch this quick how to video on selecting your first car.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, they aren't.
    That said, enjoy the mustang you'll buy anyway.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I fricking hate buying cars, especially used ones.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Here's some advice from a 40 year old:
    You're going to swing your ass end out at least once, when that happens DO NOT slam your steering wheel in the opposite direction.
    Keep your front wheel pointed forward down the road as your swerve just track the road and your rear end should straighten itself out.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>You're going to swing your ass end out at least once

only if you drive improperly. I've always driven RWD cars and the only times I've spun out were in snowy weather

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

RWD enjoyer here. RWD is fine for a first car, especially so if the tires are in good condition. When the tires start going bald and the weather gets wet, then it can get sketch.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Autism showing hard af in this thread. Christ guys.
    FWD/RWD/AWD fricking doesn't matter below 300hp crank. Get what you want OP. Rwd is my preference too though. For your budget, look at 2013-2014 v6 mustangs. 2011 and 2012 are also good choices but those came with the drive shaft that can blow itself apart at 135 mph. They're not slow, they handle decent, and by GAWD I don't know how they sound so good. The longitudinal 3.7 is such a good engine. Gone too soon. And I'm a GM guy

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Isnt rwd shit in the snow?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not if you're a competent driver. Snow tires make a big difference and you can also throw sand bags in the trunk to help added traction, something you can't do in a FWD.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *