Are there any cars like the Land Rover Discovery that are actually reliable?

Are there any cars like the Land Rover Discovery that are actually reliable? I dont know why they had to make something so attractive such a piece of shit.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

4runner?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I was gonna get a third gen until I realized how small they are. They're like half my height when I stand next to one.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>They're like half my height when I stand next to one.
        If you're 11'-3", you should probably just get a high roof AWD van, because no other vehicle will even come close to fitting your Nephilim body.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

homie what, are you 12' tall???
          Show pics.

I'm only 6'3, the cars are just really small for body on frame suvs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

homie what, are you 12' tall???
        Show pics.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ugly as frick.

https://i.imgur.com/AWmS9av.jpg

Incredibly based.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 months ago
      Anonymous

I live in the US

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Waahhh I'm too lazy to drive one back up from Mexico, waaaahhhh I'm too pussy to pull one over on my government by keeping it registered there

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

>Go to mexico under any circumstance
          Lol. lmao

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>not wanting to be in danger as much as possible in this 1 life you get
            you proved him right, you are a pussy

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>1 life
            >want to end it prematurely by being beheaded by the cartel over a boxshit car

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

literally yes you pampered shitling
            Are you also scared of walking home at night?
            If you want to survive and keep riding the adrenaline high then use the brawn and brain that the men in your bloodline gave you and learn how to navigate a situation.
            But you won't do that, you'll just keep living your stagnant suburban life like some plant on a wallpaper.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I guarantee you wouldnt go to mexico on the whim of getting a piece of shit suzuki moron. your bloodline only exists thus far from men smarter than you making level-headed decisions such as staying the frick away from mexico.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

If you really think mexico is some super mario level with spikes all over the ground and cartel members popping out from every sewer then you are a pussy and a moron. You literally dont need to interact with anyone except a car dealer and border control.
            Man you are in a 4x4 thread, vehicles made for overlanding and adventure. That implies environmental dangers and getting stranded and a few different ways to die.
            That trip for the piece of shit suzuki is either going to be a nice quiet roadtrip or quality dad lore for your shitling kids in the future.
            Literally every single one of my ancestors has been in a warzone and most of them have actively participated.
            Right now I am seeking a transfer to Israel with the company I work for just to be closer to the conflict because I am bored.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>If you really think mexico is some super mario level with spikes all over the ground and cartel members popping out from every sewer

that is exactly what it is

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Bing bing, ariba!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If you really think mexico is some super mario level with spikes all over the ground and cartel members popping out from every sewer
            most accurate description

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You cant register a mexico made Jimny in the USA.
            The only use youll get out of it is on your own property. Which is fine I guess

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>not wanting to be in danger as much as possible in this 1 life you get
            Playing around in the middle of an episode of cartel wars can land you in a LiveLeaks situation. There is no rush in the world that is worth ending up in a LiveLeaks situation.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>going to Mexico to pick up a chinktrash car
          Yeah, how about no?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Don't you guys have things called freedom, rights and fighting government oppression over there? And you're trying to tell us you can't buy a car you want while everyone, including thirdworlders, can?

How long can you drive a mexican registered car in the USA?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't you guys have things called freedom, rights and fighting government oppression over there? And you're trying to tell us you can't buy a car you want while everyone, including thirdworlders, can?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

americans are bootlicking pussies, that's why they are allowed to have guns. the govt knows they'll only use them against each other.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ford Bronco, Toyota 4Runner, Lexus GX, or that Mercedes Benz off road car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

All of them (except G-wagon and some really old generations of Ford and Yota) don't have a live axle in the front
          >implying homosexual OP knows what it is

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Disgusting, boxy, short, incel chud vehicle

4runner?

Cool fuccboi SUV.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Post your rig

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Rotsun (Thot) Patrol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

why the frick are these so expensive? adn when are on avaible they are raped shit with homosexual lifts and homosexual mudtires

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Idk, I bought mine for 600 bucks in near stock condition, aside for all the rust.
        Probably because they used to be cheap, reliable and very offroad capable.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They've exploded in price in the last 5 years. Same as older Landcruisers. They used to be as cheap as Mitsubishi Shoguns.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

80 series land cruiser

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

If I find one of these definitely, but that's IF I find one. They practically dont exist here in Florida.

Just make it reliable. Or are you some wrenchlet?

Yes, I'm shopping for a first car.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Well then learn fast or open your ass up wide for mechanics to rape you

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes. More than you can afford pal.

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, an LS swapped Land Rover discovery.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Anon, I have just the thing for you.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Simply unfair only Browns get them

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Here in Ausfailia they’re almost exclusively driven by white males. The browns are too busy either driving G63 AMGs if they’re drug dealers, or lusting after them if they’re part of the vast majority who can’t afford one.

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I think I read somewhere that only the gas variants have some fatal flaw where the engine self destructs after set amount of miles while diesels are generally reliable, is that true or bullshit?

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Just make it reliable. Or are you some wrenchlet?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

It's literally impossible, the British cast their druidic black magic over each as it leaves the factory to keep them unreliable.

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Mercedes ML W163. They're true body on frame with a dual range transfer case and some of the most reliable modern MB drivetrains around (M112/M113 etc). You just have to watch out for random things such as washer fluid tanks overflowing and shorting out the ABS, which is easily remedied (and otherwise minor).

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its too bad almost all of them are the v6. Have literally never seen an ML430 or 55 for sale

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes, and there's better looking ones

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do you live in america?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>weak ass 6 cylinder engine in the worst possible configuration
      Might as well buy a Pathfinder. At least youll save a shit ton of money on fuel.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Go get a Mitsubishi L200 4x4 pick up.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

amerimutts: buy the overpriced anaemic toyota
    eurochads: https://youtu.be/U7Hv13vEEY8?si=hXm96nJLg2Fb8dQ7

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are Land Cruisers alright if they ain't got 200k miles already?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes, a Land Rover Discovery with an engine swap and other vital parts replaced.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Discovery V8s are solid. Only problem is the electrics on them (figures)
    they sound beast as frick too

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>>Are there any cars like the Land Rover Discovery that are actually reliable?
    I wonder

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I cant find one for under 8k, I'm a poorgay I forgot to mention that

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the money you save getting a land rover will equal in parts of just getting a land cruiser

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/dedham-2002-toyota-landcruiser-186k-mi/7712296746.html

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Crusty ass frame, do not redeem

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it needs to be able to go offroad, not just look like it can

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Define off road. A Landcruiser will get you from remote place A to remote place B better than anything else. Rock crawling or mudding is not something you "need" to do. Just find a better route.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't you have a million of these? I thought the XJ was supposed to be reliable?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I thought the XJ was supposed to be reliable?
      Compared to a Land Rover, yeah, just about anything is.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/4i0TKG2.jpg

I think even pre-Mercedes Jeep can do better if you want two live axles and full time transfer case. The Bongs seem to be pretty fond of them.

Can anyone back this up? I heard the Grand Cherokee WJs are somewhat reliable

WJ and XJ are very reliable, I've owned both and always regretted selling/trading them.

2001 WJ Special Edition: had quadra drive which was awesome, all leather which held up really well. As for problems, I remember it had a hole somewhere above the cat that I couldn't find anyone to weld over, and one of the rear windows was finicky during wet weather. Also think this one had the pistons that crumbled inside the caliper, replaced them in an afternoon.

2004 WJ Laredo: Honestly did nothing to it other than regular maintenance. It needed a front pinion bearing at about 160k and I didnt know anything about that stuff at the time, got scared and traded it in on a Focus ST I think

2000 XJ: was my first 4x4, bone stock, no complaints. Didn't break anything and I did some pretty dumb stuff in it. I was always surprised at how it handled in the snow, rarely needed 4wd. I replaced a radiator hose, a fuel pump, and a couple sets of brakes in about 100k.

1994 XJ: built into an absolute brick shithouse of a Jeep and my most fond adult memories are of spending weekends in it with friends out on goat paths in NE. Never left me hanging. Drove it home one afternoon with every axle/control arm mount on the passenger side absolutely gone, never did figure out what happened. Just felt a little weird when we got back on to pavement lol. KM2s removed my fender flare and polished up the wheel well real nice for me by the time I got it to the shop.

I dont really know anything about

https://i.imgur.com/4G353Um.jpg

gee... yeah.. I just don't know.

, but they're popular, so that's something.

Off topic, why do I keep being told to wait a while before posting?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I loved every second I spent in that fricking car. It's absolutely worth doing an LS swap or something, because the engine from that era sucked. Get ready to blow head gaskets.

21. 2 months ago
    Hotwing

gee... yeah.. I just don't know.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the bare bones turbo diesel versions were very reliable

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ineos grenadier

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think even pre-Mercedes Jeep can do better if you want two live axles and full time transfer case. The Bongs seem to be pretty fond of them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Can anyone back this up? I heard the Grand Cherokee WJs are somewhat reliable

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>somewhat reliable
        As far as a Jeep can go, I guess.
        https://www.google.com/search?q=wj+reliable

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you WILL buy ze overpriced, underpowered and rusting toyota

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why are you buying a discovery over the defender, are you a soccer mom anon?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Imagine having the door where your arm should be.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's why the window is there, so you can stick your arm out

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

This thread isn't about agricultural equipment.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because one costs $5k the other $120k.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>$120k for an old Land Rover
        US import restrictions are crazy.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Can't anger mr ford by letting all the better Japanese and European cars into America

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Old V8 D90s are thin on the ground.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/lwrUGe8.jpg

Why are you buying a discovery over the defender, are you a soccer mom anon?

Oh, I finally got it.
            >be Murican
            >be obsessed with V8s
            (can't judge that)
            >want to larp as a Yuro
            >want Defender
            >want it with a vee eight
            >despite all its flaws making even some of the factory I4s struggle in it
            >"factory" V8 Defenders are rare and cost too much
            Why can't you guys just do an LS swap into some cheap donor and call it a day?
            inb4
            >be wrenchlet
            >be contrarian (hate GM small blocks)
            >can't truly larp with a domestic engine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because the rest of them are diesels and have to change the entire fuel system on top of having custom shafts made and you'll be in deeper than if you bought a K5.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Such is a life of a Mutt pretending to be a Eurogay

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Why can't you guys just do an LS swap into some cheap donor and call it a day?
            >inb4

Because all that will shortly be outlawed and crushed with the owner tied to the driver seat.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wrangler

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the landrover discovery + a wrench

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

as in capable? no there aren't. there has never been a "perfect" 4wd

>TD42 patrol
    no auto, drives like a tractor, uses heaps of fuel, prone to rust
    >jimny
    good, but small, unsafe and gutless and no diesel
    >wrangler
    good but small and no diesel
    >land cruiser
    costs 4 billion dollars and double that each week in fuel for absolutely no performance, rolls backwards down a 5 degree grassy slope, cheap parts when stuff inevitably breaks, but will make up the difference in labour/time costs because its built by morons in a moronic sort of a way. its a camry with + ride height
    >70 series
    bahahaha hahahahah bahahaaha nonononono ahahaha costs you like 90k on car with no electric windows, no air-conditioning, no radio and no weather sealing on the doors. also uses heaps of fuel, is completely gutless, sucks at going offroad and isn't durable. does come in diesel at least.
    >defender
    its a tractor with a land rover engine
    >ineos grenadier
    no idea but no diesel so dont care
    >g wagon
    good but expensive
    >cayenne, toureg
    unreliable (probably?) also lacks ground clearance stock and under cladding, v10 cool but unreliable
    >lada
    impossible to get in many countries, drives like a tractor, prone to rust
    >any yank tank...
    0 torsional rigidity, gets written off from backing into a wheelie bin, uses heaps of fuel, expensive, hideously ugly, impractical to park or drive, doesnt fit down many 4wd tracks without destroying your paint
    >unimog
    good but moronic size and running costs, cant be parked anywhere ever, torquey but insanely slow, will probably need to fabricate your own rear if you dont want a tray
    >disco/nu defender
    capable but fragile, will break and it will be expensive

did i miss anything?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>disco/nu defender
      >capable but fragile, will break and it will be expensive
      copy that. Was on a bech/sand dunes 4WD trip recently somebody brought their brand new landy. Got high centered on top of a sand dune, they tried a snatch/tow recovery with another vehicle. The landy didn't like that one little bit, transmission shut down completely and locked all 4 wheels up, it could not be brought back to life. Went back to town 5 hrs away on a flat bed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>its a tractor with a land rover engine
      No, that's the Series. Also, LR diesel engines are bulletproof.
      grenadier
      >no idea but no diesel so dont care
      Has the BMW N57 diesel actually. No manual option though.
      >cayenne, toureg
      unreliable (probably?) also lacks ground clearance stock and under cladding, v10 cool but unreliable
      Not unreliable just a nightmare to repair or service. Parts availability in the Congo might be a problem.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>ineos grenadier
      >no idea
      An old Defender lookalike with completely different internals (iirc Turd components) arranged as moronicly as possible for a moronicly high price.
      >cayenne, toureg
      >unreliable (probably?)
      Anon, those are luxury cuckovers made by a company without history of building offroaders and reliable cars in general.
      >impossible to get in many countries, drives like a tractor, prone to rust
      Scratch the part about the tractor, add unreliability, gutless engines and flimsy drivetrain from a 70s Fiat to the list.
      >disco/nu defender
      >capable
      Kek.
      Don't see any Mitsubishis in the list though.
      >kind of reliable
      >old as frick platforms
      >gas engines are gutless and thirsty, outdated as well
      >full time AWD with lockers

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Mitsubishis
        >Missin-Bits-N-Pieces
        >Reliable
        The Pajero was the most unreliable shitheap offroader SUV possible when it was first sold. I'm not taking away any of the advanced shit it did as a first for its kind back in the 80s, but they were just generally junk. Mitsubishi has always been the jap chrysler, without any of the good

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Still better than Nissan
          Cheaper than overhyped Toyota

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Still better than Nissan
            I beg to differ
            >Cheaper than overhyped Toyota
            This we can both agree on though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>did i miss anything?
      Yeah any semblance of truth/objectivity

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no air-conditioning, no radio
      It does have these two ( the 'option' for radio at least, didn't check if ot comes stock)

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pic related
    Isn't that right my green wrangler pal

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Looks great.

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if your car is "unreliable" then you don't know it well enough, simple as. any car can be perfectly reliable or completely unreliable.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

On the contrary, if you know the particular model well enough, you can even predict when and how something is going to fail.

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the Geländewagen

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that'll be 59 999 € (tip is not necessary but will be accepted if you insist)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

More like 159 999

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I own Discovery 1 300TDI, made in 1997 Its allways drew me to the finish line, even when the engine head was cracked, I wouldnt want any other rig, the whole car is made to combine comfort of the range rover classic and driving features of defender. One of the best offroad cars ever made.

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A Discovery with an engine and troony swap from something good. Like a 350 and a TH400.

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

how shit are those izusu troopers with the 2.2L turbo engine?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *