Are these dumb?

Are these dumb? I read that they can corrode and fuse to the stem but I also check my tire pressure weekly and it's about to be spring so don't expect anymore salt and snow. I kept the oem caps.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

tire shops will love stealing them from you. that’s all. quit being such a pussy.

[...]

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

FRICK you that thread is gay

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Perfect for you then

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I read that they can corrode and fuse to the stem
    lol, where ever you read that is moronic, and so are you for believing it
    those valve stem caps have plastic/rubber inserts, they do not have metal threads

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

some of them do

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I read that they can corrode and fuse to the stem
    Yes they do, I currently have a set that's stuck on the stem. Do not get them.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I also check my tire pressure weekly
    Check it manually or get TPMS. The only dust caps you should have are the plastic ones with gaskets in them, buy these things in bulk

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They are more than dustcaps, moron

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The ones OP posted? Yeah just get real TPMS

I hate the ones with the o rings. I've had many customers come in with a tire that loses air but nobody can figure out why, when it's that little o ring being dislodged and pushing the valve open slightly. I've also had them get stuck in the space around the tip of the valve inside the stem, which is annoying to dig out.

I've yet to deal with a disloged o-ring, shit just werks

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah. They are a statement of your lifestyle and personality. Also they make your car faster and more efficient. They can literally unironically change your life.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I hate the ones with the o rings. I've had many customers come in with a tire that loses air but nobody can figure out why, when it's that little o ring being dislodged and pushing the valve open slightly. I've also had them get stuck in the space around the tip of the valve inside the stem, which is annoying to dig out.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you really want them put a bit of dielectric grease on the threads but yes they can get stuck

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not if you get ones with a plastic insert. I have some on my VW, and they are exactly the same as the ones in your pic. Where you run into trouble is when you get cheap steel ones or shit like that. Go with the ones you have there and you'll be fine.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I 3d print hundreds of these a week. I go around and place them on people's tires if they don't have a cap on their tire steam. I see it as a public service.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i need to get these for my miata

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you gays will argue about anything

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no we won't

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

holy frick i tried to get air at the gas station and i couldnt get the cap off. i got some Amazon ones with the car brand lol when i got home pliers got it loose but it yeah it was on real good.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you worry about fricking stem caps jfc get a clue. Who the shit cares about that shit. You literally don't see that shit ever unless you look at it. If you think any frick cares you're wrong. Even car guys will miss it.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

had a set oxidize and seal itself to the stems on my corolla.
    had to cut them off with a little cutting wheel.
    say no to chinese garbage.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If the valve stem is brass, screw whatever you want on there. If the valve stem is aluminum, NEVER put a metal cap on, or any plastic cap that has a metal threaded insert. You will look like a fricking clown with a low tire that is literally impossible to put air in later on.

13. 2 months ago
    Seymour

Here is one of the crusty caps I was talking about... I had to tape up pliers and hold onto the stem too, it was spinning, wow. anyways I'm even posting now because I had the most delightfully devilish idea yet... what if I were to take 4 plastic ones from work vehicles and pretend they're my own

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *