Are you ready for an electric 7 seven seater crossover Pontiac GTO?

Are you ready for an electric 7 seven seater crossover Pontiac GTO?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GM confirms it was a joke.
    You can now leave the thread.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's a pretty sadistic joke if you think about it. Corporations like GM, Ford, Stellantis, etc. know that people yearn for the days of cheap, cool, powerful American muscle/pony/sports cars.
      So they play a "joke" like this before going right back to selling electric egg-shaped homosexualmobiles designed by and for women, queers, and nignogs.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Part of it is the companies' faults, and part of it is the government's fault.
        Obviously, EPA and CAFE standards completely stifle what sort of cars a company can make... It's often not so feasible to come out with a real GTO with all the regulations. There are many engineers who absolutely want it. There are passionate people who love cars. But it wouldn't make financial sense to.
        But another thing is that often times the "enthusiast" vehicles get discontinued because they don't make ENOUGH profit. For example, Camaros definitely made profit per vehicle produced, but they sell so few, that they think it's simply not worth keeping them alive.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There's nothing stopping them from making a fun, sporty, 2-seater EV coupe. It'd be stupid heavy and have low range but people would buy it, enjoy it and have fun with it. No government regulations impede this.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No government regulations impede this.
            3x vehicle weight rollover probably makes it an absolute bear to engineer
            maserati makes an electric GT now (lmao they have no idea who their customer base is) but it's also like $300k

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>like this before going right back to selling electric egg-shaped homosexualmobiles designed by and for women, queers, and nignogs.
        Kek, god new cars are so gay

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It wasn't their joke, dummy. GM had nothing to do with the ad.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GM provided the following official statement to the media regarding the ‘Pontiac Is Back’ ad:

“We understand the ad was a joke and it was not placed by GM or anyone affiliated with GM. We appreciate the passion for all our brands as well as a good sense of humor.”

The ad, which appeared on the back page of Car and Driver, proclaimed “Pontiac Is Back” in bold lettering, sparking a flurry of speculation. Car enthusiasts, as well as industry experts, all weighed in on the ad’s meaning, even though at the bottom of the ad a line of text clearly stated that the ad was indeed fake and “not to be taken seriously.”

source: the article you screenshotted to make this thread

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Smart by whoever made it. It showed GM that there is still loads of people who want these old retired brands to return. Maybe something will come of it (doubt).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>pontiac is COMING BACK!!
        >well known model is reintroduced as a crossover

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

JUST A PRANK BRO Y U MAD HUH

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I worked at a Tier 1 a few years back. Someone in the office had one of these and drove it in on rare occasion. Nice to look at, but still a Camaro under the skin. I think a shop out of Florida does the conversion with the blessing of GM. Stitching on seats is easy enough, but I wonder if they reprogram the cluster graphics as well. I seem to recall they punch up the LS a bit with a supercharger kit.

Would be a proper head turner with a Butler block under the hood.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

trans am was always just a camaro

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why the FRICK do all modern cars look like fricking bathtubs with their high-ass belt lines? Who wants this?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

safety standards

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I miss sports cars having higher ground clearance

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This and when Corvette wasn6too low for all roads. The c4 is the last one you can comfortably daily. C5-7 can be dailed but only with planning. But that isn't what truely pisses me off, what does is economy sedans with 2000s enthusiast care clearances.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *