>Basic. >Rugged. >6-speed manuals available. >Relatively inexpensive

>Basic
>Rugged
>6-speed manuals available
>Relatively inexpensive
>Any major mechanical issues seemingly fixed by the last few model years
>Decent aftermarket if I want to off road it
Why should I not buy an Xterra? I see unmodified ‘14 and ‘15 Pro-4Xs available fairly regularly, in decent shape with reasonably low mileage, and people don’t ask moronic money for them like a 4Runner.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Good car good buy. No reason not to. Only issue I’ve seen is with the automatic transmission.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Auto trans strawberry milkshake and timing chain tensioner problem was fixed post 2010. 2010 and up are literally completely bulletproofed.

https://i.imgur.com/zvpuETC.jpg

>Basic
      >Rugged
      >6-speed manuals available
      >Relatively inexpensive
      >Any major mechanical issues seemingly fixed by the last few model years
      >Decent aftermarket if I want to off road it
      Why should I not buy an Xterra? I see unmodified ‘14 and ‘15 Pro-4Xs available fairly regularly, in decent shape with reasonably low mileage, and people don’t ask moronic money for them like a 4Runner.

They're literally a 4runner/gx for someone who doesn't care about interior quality and just wants a good mid size suv with a solid axle, leaf springs, and an electric rear locker

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Nissan

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nissan cars are old dogshit
      Nissan trucks are old goodshit

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the only people that drive/buy these are drug users and Mexicans and blacks
      >nissan

the auto joos fear the nii-san

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

any self respecting white man wouldn't touch a nig- I mean Nissan

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the nigsan stereotype only applies to the altima/maxima. I almost exclusively see white men driving frontiers, titans, and pathfinders. I am one

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

no it doesn't, the only people I see driving those trucks around here are crack heads who look like they haven't showered in a month and illegal Mexicans

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like you just live in a shithole, skill issue

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

no, my town is 95% white and mostly retired people and I live next to a ski resort in the mountains, everyone is fricking rich and white

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only person I knew who actually off roaded one of these was a 4'9" half Guatemalan single mother who had kids from like 5 different guys and used to aggressively flirt with both me and my gf at our gym and would get mad when we'd laugh at Spanish accents. That's who will have maintained this.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>4'9" half guat single mom who off roads

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>used to aggressively flirt with both me and my gf

• 1 month ago
      sage

https://i.imgur.com/x2Yn7N0.png

>used to aggressively flirt with both me and my gf

The angloid nerd virgin fears the squatemalan stacey

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've got about 250k miles on a '10 off road I've had since new. I've beat the shit out of it and almost rolled it being stupid on ancient class XI roads. I live on a dirt road constantly rutted out and poorly maintained. I love that SUV and can't think of anything current I'd want to replace it with.

I've replaced the leaf springs once, shocks twice, front upper and lower control arms, some sensors...nothing too crazy all things considered.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the only people that drive/buy these are drug users and Mexicans and blacks
    >nissan

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I heard they were thinking about bringing these back. If it's based on the frontier platform like the old ones it should be great.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i parked next to a pathfinder just like that one today and I was surprised how tiny it was. why do they seem so much smaller than a frontier if it's the same platform? i even had to double check that it was a pathfinder and not some compact suv that i've never heard of.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Either you were looking at the wrong pathfinder or its the fact they have less ground clearance and irs and more tame body lines

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've never seen a black person drive an xterra or frontier. Black people seem to hate off roading. They don't appreciate the wilderness. The nigsan meme is altimas and maximas.

I see a lot of asians driving frontiers, whites and mexicans driving xterras.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I've never seen a black person drive an xterra or frontier. Black people seem to hate off roading.
      >ifs
      >offroading
      it's a truck, that doesn't mean it's good for off roading, just like a dually 3500 isn't good for off roading despite being 4x4 and a truck
      the only idiots that off road a Xterra are people too poor to afford a proper off road platform with aftermarket like a jeep or Toyota

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The xterra offers everything a 4runner offers. Sure there's less goudy deep dish wheels to throw on or shocks to pick from for your overland build, but at the end of the day a titan swapped xterra p4x is just as capable as any other off road rig besides something with a solid front axle. Even at that there's kits to convert over anyway. And when did off roading become a competition for flexing your income? Do you drive a mall crawler?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the guy who you're responding to is an autistic (you) farmer, btw

just thought you should know

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>The xterra offers everything a 4runner offers
          except the aftermarket for upgrading?

the guy who you're responding to is an autistic (you) farmer, btw

just thought you should know

who?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What upgrades do you need exactly besides a solid front axle swap if you're doing anything other than rock crawling? They already have a dana 44 clone in the back, and titan swapping adds height while letting you use titan upgrades as well. Nissan offers oem steel bumpers and there's more than enough from z1 offroad to cover what you want to use. Biggest upgrade is a front locker or titan front axle for easy replacement on the trail. If you need crazy aftermarket to be competent off road, thats a skill issue on your part.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're thinking like a normal person, you have to see it from the perspective of an autistic person with cluster b personality disorders.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>You're thinking like a normal person
            no, a normal person says, hey I wanna go off-road, then looks at the vehicles everyone else uses to do so, with the most path to upgrade, and arrives at the correct conclusion
            autistic people go I wanna do the opposite of what everyone else does for the sake of not doing what everyone else does

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>you have to do things the way I like them, there's no other way
            autistic hyperfixation with cluster b style splitting behaviors

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>you have to do things the way I like them, there's no other way
            yes, that's the autistic person, you, speaking
            that's right
            normal people just buy a jeep and have fun off roading and drinking with their buds
            autists try to be quirky and shit and try and off road a crown vic, or as a gayer alternative, a Subaru

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>normal people just buy a jeep and have fun off roading and drinking with their buds
            Yes, absent of your autistic ramblings that you've postes thus far

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>he can't stop going on about autism
            classic sign of an autistic individual, he can't walk away

https://i.imgur.com/SQ9agad.jpg

How are they able to pull off an N/A v6 while the other companies are cucking with turbo 4s?

>V6 is now seen as a victory
            V6 was seen as sucking 10 years ago, how the Overton window has shifted

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Getting an xterra isn't "doing the opposite of everyone else". Its a bof 4x4 solid axle suv. Its just made by nissan. Someone who wants to go off roading goes
            >hmm lets see what we have for options
            >$12k 200k mile v8 toyota 4runner
            >$9500 jeep tj
            >$7800 jeep commander
            >$3200 clapped out mitsubishi montero
            >$2500 rotted zr2 blazer
            >$7k xterra offroad
            >"hmm well I want something that won't break down that I can still use for winter if need be"
            >"the xterra makes pretty good power and has most of the stuff the 4runner has without the toyota tax. I'd like the commander but I'm iffy on the hemi and chrysler build quality. Guess I'll go with the nissan"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>$7k xterra offroad
            I wonder why it's the cheapest option of them all?
            makes ya think dunnit

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

and why would that be mr jeep owner?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

because it's the one nobody wants, because it doesn't have any decent bumpers available, roof racks, rock sliders, no solid axle to upgrade, good luck running something like 38+in tires on one
            has about 3 inches of suspension flex stock
            any other 4x4 has more potential, a jeep xj is cheaper and does better stock

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There are many circuits in your brain that aren't firing properly, so it's hard for you to understand, but the fact is what you want may differ from what other people want. It's a crazy concept, but true nonetheless.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

so what do you want, lay it out for me?
            also, post your truck please

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Sure, I want you to reach kindergarten levels of social development. You have a lot of catching up to do.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

so a cop out reply

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

For instance, when I see my neighbor who likes working on his old Ford Escape, which I'm not a fan of, I say hello and ask him how he's doing instead of being a turbosperg.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not all those in the 2nd/3rd owner market seek out these frivolous additions as you do. Not the nibba you're sperging out over or upon, but I'd frick with a shorter wheelbase frontier SUV regardless of options stock or otherwise.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Autistic people have strange relationships with inanimate objects. They don't look at things like cars as tools or a means to an end like most people.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Not all those in the 2nd/3rd owner market seek out these frivolous additions as you do
            those are fundamental to a good off road vehicle doe

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's a niche market-accept it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Autistic people think their odd hyperfixations apply to normal peoples sensibilities and tastes.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

plenty of people want them, its just they aren't as common as the go to toyotas and jeeps. They still follow the exact same formula of ifs solid axle rear with bof and 4.0 v6 up front. The xterra doesn't have a ton of bumpers, but the nismo, heftyfab, and arb all work great for what you need. You can order p4x oem skidplates if you're just starting or you can go with z1 skid plates. Sure you're not gonna run 38's on a stock xterra but you're probably not going to on a stock 4runner or tacoma or jeep either. You're a clown if you think stock axles are gonna work good with 38's unless you're mall crawling.
            >any other 4x4 has more potential
            you're just outing yourself as a jeep fan, sorry guy. If you need a jeep or toyota badge to go anywhere I don't know what else to say

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>you're just outing yourself as a jeep fan
            it aint jeep's fault nobody else wanted to stick with a solid axle body on frame
            how many xterras go in the rubicon and come out the other side?
            10 a year? do any even make it?
            10k jeeps do that and it's a breeze for em, they even named a jeep after that trail

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They even marketed a jeep after that trail so everyone heading to the mall can attempt jumping a curb.... carefully.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>how many xterras go in the rubicon and come out the other side?
            10 a year? do any even make it?
            Plenty xterras and frontiers have made it through, its just not as many people are able to make the trip because unlike the tens of thousands of jeeps that are pumped out every year for college girls across america, the xterra stopped production in 2015.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Huh?
            There are very few old Toyota mini trucks on the road today yet they’re everywhere at the rubicon, I see 10 Xterra for every 70s or 80s yota, yet they’re everywhere if you’re in the off road scene.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Probably because all the good road going yotas have been turned into mud pigs and crawlers. Same thing with 4x4 samurais. Xterras are a largely unused platform off road partly because most are still in good enough condition to be road worthy for people commuting up north. They haven't really had enough time to reach total shitbox status where people can hack them up with no remorse. On the other hand I feel like I see a ton of 1st gen xterras off road funny enough. Give it another few years, and as 4runners and older jeeps start to dry up, you'll see more people going to 2nd gen frontiers and xterras to thrash.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>the vehicle that sucks for turning into a off road truck don’t ever get turned into off road trucks
            Sounds like you’re going in circles now

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

We get it you're severely autistic to the point of being forced here and never being able to leave but everyone abandoned solid axles because most people want a vehicle that handles nice on the road. They aren't going to drive s lumber cart around back and forth to work because they want to larp on the weekends.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The xterra doesn't have a ton of bumpers, but the nismo, heftyfab, and arb all work great for what you need. You can order p4x oem skidplates if you're just starting or you can go with z1 skid plates
            >some bumpers and a skid plate
            homie this bolts up to an XJ and gives you full 4 link front and rear
            and there'd dozens of other kits available too
            this shit does not exist for your shitbox

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So I need 4 link front and rear now to be a competent off roader? I have no clue what your argument is. The xj has been around since the 80s and has a solid front axle. Cool, good to know. The xterra is a nissan. It will never have the full aftermarket available on a toyota or a jeep. Thats just how it is. But that doesn't mean its not off road capable. You know how many 4x4's offer a solid front axle from the factory today? Jeeps and the g wagon. Surely there are no other vehicles being taken off road if a solid front axle is the only way to off road, right?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Woah that means I can go to Moab and stuff! I can crawl any rock and - no you won't. I didn't, you don't, OP won't. No reason to LARP. Nissan SUVs and trucks of that era are a happy compromise and can still do reasonably well off-road.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Because jeep owners will pay $$ to flex driving to the mall?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>you shouldn't ever need a good aftermarket
            >all you need is this and this
            autistic person mentality, can't ever imagine people other than him exist

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Then tell me all the reasons you need 10 different 3 inch lifts in order to off road on the same trail that a forester on all terrains clears? Again off roading is very often a dick measuring contest where people compensate money for skill. You can see stuff like xj's with just a locker or stock porsche suvs on off road tires getting through most trails despite what your buddy on facebook has you think to justify his 20k in mods on his 4 door jku
            https://youtube.com/shorts/SpKcev6BlGM

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's in every hobby. There's always "that guy".

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

and you're him
            >b-bro my Xterra is just as good as the jeep!
            >see! look at this video on YouTube!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Z1Offroad
            Alldogs Off-road
            Nissan Parts Puller

because it's the one nobody wants, because it doesn't have any decent bumpers available, roof racks, rock sliders, no solid axle to upgrade, good luck running something like 38+in tires on one
            has about 3 inches of suspension flex stock
            any other 4x4 has more potential, a jeep xj is cheaper and does better stock

Yes but then you're driving a clapped out 30 year old Jeep with no floorboards or working heat. It's not 2016; XJs are the NA Miatas of off-roading. The cheap ones don't exist and the ones that are out there are shitboxes or rotted out. They were a good option 5 years ago, but even back then they were getting uncommon because Jeeps rust the frick out like every Dodge/Chrysler product pre-2012. Nissan sheet metal in comparison is comically good post 2005 and it's difficult to find one that's truly rotted out.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Toyota

You, Mr. America. What Toyota are you buying with a SFA?

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How are they able to pull off an N/A v6 while the other companies are cucking with turbo 4s?

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Imagine being out driving off road and some sperglord starts spazzing out about "most efficient upgrade paths" next to some 20 something qt in a bronco sport

These are the types of terminal autsists that inhabit this place.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

post your truck for us guy, lets see what a level headed dude like you drives

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

aaaaaaand another cop out reply

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You asked I answered. But the fundamental problem remains. People with certain types of personality disorders often are never able to overcome this handicap. It's a curse.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm waiting to see your truck, would it happen to be a white XJ?
        I'm just guessing here

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's like if you rolled a -10 on charisma. It's always going to be an uphill battle because what's innate and automatic to most as far as social interaction goes becomes very difficult and threatening.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

hello, anyone home mcfly????

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *