Best AWD Diesel Manual Wagon

There is nothing better for AWD, diesel, wagon and manual than the E91.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Subaru Legacy wagon with diesel

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>be me
      >be subaru diesel
      >crankshaft cracked in half

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>diesel
    who cares

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is BWM diesel reliable? Their gas versions are not. Always in repair shops.

Men. Women and bois get out

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everyone with the slightest bit of sense aknowledges the absolute superiority of diesel in practically every way. There's a reason it's used in trucking, generators, agriculture, heating, ships and more. Really the only place where it isn't the majority is the niche or american commuter vehicles.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This. Outside of high performance, diesel is a better option than gas. Straight up. Across the board. My favorite thing about diesel is how much I hate the government and you can run a diesel on many many things that will still be available if the trucks stop coming.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>more complicated fuel system
          >more complicated air delivery system
          Compared to port fuel injected n/a of course

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

superiority of diesel in practically every way
        >not a single diesel sports car
        >all top trip luxury cars are petrols

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You literally have a better wagon from the same manufacturer you fricking moron, the E61 is superior in every way.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wrong

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love the e9x. Such a great car.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Diesel
    >manual
    >wagon
    It's like all the reddit meme features rolled into one slow af 14 second car

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's the point of manual on a diesel even? You've got a powerband 1000 RPM wide, the next gear will always be one up or one down.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Whats the point thinking if you don't have the capability? You can drive diesel by changing early or going to near redline, just like you would do with gasoline.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Rev your diesel far enough to jump from 6 to 1, my gasser can do it just fine.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Rev your engine so you can do 120 hp before 3000 rpm. My engine can do it just fine.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's easy for the average American car thanks to non-cucked displacement. Diesel huffing euros lose again.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

To haul a fat trugg body, it just does not count. The most fun about diesel is how much available power there is at ease . For a gasoline driver similar acceleration will feel like racing, huffing and puffing white smoke, pouring pure gasoline from exhaust.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Roaring 120hp rofl ok buddy

Diesel+manual is an econobox and nothing more

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>You've got a powerband 1000 RPM wide
      Depends on the diesel. A twin turbo 6 or V8 will pull from about 1500-4500rpm

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>You've got a powerband 1000 RPM wide
      ?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

...that's still a super narrow band though. You might be able to leapfrog 1 gear in a 6 speed but It'd be awkward. Which leads back to... What's the point in a manual transmission if you're just going up and down one gear at a time? An auto could do it faster and unlike in a gas car there's almost no decisions to make.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>...that's still a super narrow band though.
          It's not though. Other than new turbo engines like hot vee TT V8s that make full peak torque from 1800rpm to 6500rpm a ~2,000rpm range of 80%+ peak torque or higher is super common. On that graph I see
          >250lbft from 2900rpm to 4800rpm, 1,900rpm
          my 3L turbo gas engine makes 80%+ of peak from 4,600rpm to 6,700rpm wow it's so different. The 3L diesel and my 3L gas engine have roughly the same peak torque spread. I'm not going to engage in your manual vs automatic sperging that's shit tier DA content.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not talking about powerbands for staying in boost when accelerating continuously, I'm talking about what happens when you're cruising at 1800rpm and decide to pass. Your diesel has no reason to skip gears in general, which makes a manual just a worse option.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People don't choose manuals because they're better from a benchracing perspective anymore, automatics have been faster, especially on turbo cars, for more than a decade. I don't know how you don't realize this. If everything was about what was objectively the best and most efficient we'd all be driving hybrids. This is a board for people who like driving, and who like the experience of driving. Some things subjectively improve that experience for some people. We aren't npcs crunching numbers to make the best decision for our financial legacy, we're people who are trying to get enjoyment out of something that would otherwise be a chore. Kind of like how hikers like to walk through the wilderness, but people view walking to work as a chore.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bro I'm directly ignoring bench racing and saying that the experience of diesel manuals is boring. Meme word salad.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are now lying. I will quote you directly:
            >I'm talking about what happens when you're cruising at 1800rpm and decide to pass. Your diesel has no reason to skip gears in general, which makes a manual just a worse option.
            "experience"... hmm... that word is missing here. You are making an objective argument
            >there's no reason to do it because it's objectively worse
            while I'm making a subjective one
            >some of use want manual because we think it's more fun, regardless of what is objectively better
            You lose.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There is less subjective experience involved in a manual diesel than gas. There's plenty of good cars that have "bad" parts but arguing that manual and diesel go well together, even subjectively, is moronic. They are at odds, lightweight and more user control vs heavy with less usable range. If you enjoy a manual diesel, you would enjoy a comparable gas engine more.

>enjoyment
            Not the poster you're replying to, but I personally don't enjoy sudden drops in the engine performance after gear changes. I don't enjoy tricks to counter it either, it is tedious. If I wanted a manual, I would buy a car with naturally aspirated engine to complement it. If you want to larp as a Europoor, at least don't lie to yourself and the others. The reason manual diesels are popular in Europe is purely financial.

This.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

One thing I have to point out. In the op's context the manual version is faster because those old zf 6hp's were laggy slush boxes.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

OP (or a moron arguing in his thread) specifically doesn't want to compare performance/acceleration numbers as he stated numerous times, so this is irrelevant.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>enjoyment
            Not the poster you're replying to, but I personally don't enjoy sudden drops in the engine performance after gear changes. I don't enjoy tricks to counter it either, it is tedious. If I wanted a manual, I would buy a car with naturally aspirated engine to complement it. If you want to larp as a Europoor, at least don't lie to yourself and the others. The reason manual diesels are popular in Europe is purely financial.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>drop in performance less fun
            >automatic is more fun because it's faster
            >durhurrr hurr yuropoor
            Black person, shut your stupid homosexual ass up already. If you can't tell by the words I've said that I'm american you're a fricking Black person from south america or something.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>doesn't know what larping means

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Must be an incredibly rare spec. I would like to swap an E90 335d drivetrain to a 328i wagon but 335ds were not available with manual transmissions here and are already pretty hard to find. The only E91 we got here was an automatic 328i.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They didn't make manual e90 335d's or e60 535d's. You have to use the 330d gearbox.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>anything turbo
    >manual
    You fell for the meme

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wat

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Life is about more than the fastest possible acceleration times. Would my low 7 second 60-130 be a low 6 second 60-130 with an automatic instead of a 5 speed? Yes. It would. But I do more than highway pulls and it's more fun this way when I take my road trips out to TOTD.

Boost drop

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>he doesn't have als
          Pleb

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

moron

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Pleb

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Life is about more than the fastest possible acceleration times. Would my low 7 second 60-130 be a low 6 second 60-130 with an automatic instead of a 5 speed? Yes. It would. But I do more than highway pulls and it's more fun this way when I take my road trips out to TOTD.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You are going to fall out of boost when shifting regardless of if your wheels are pointed forward or turning

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          Boost drop

and? So what? I drop out of boost for a second unless I have flat shift turned on. Big deal. If you don't find rowing the gears and rev matching while going from turn to turn more engaging than selecting "D" you're just not gonna get it. You'll continue to bench race about the seconds I lost on my straight line run, I'll continue liking my car the way I built it. Could I have put a mustang 10 speed or a ZF8 in it instead of a TKX? Yes, easily. I didn't though.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Paddles exist, m8

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

see you don't get it, just like I predicted. You somehow think the buttons on the back of your steering wheel are the same as shifting gears manually. You've just never driven a manual car in the twisties. Broaden your horizons. The extra steps of doing the heel-toe downshift and getting it right are what make it more satisfying than pushing a button. It's kind of like how it's more enjoyable to make my own chicken parmesan than to throw a pre-breaded chicken breast in the microwave and dip it in microwaved sauce.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You've just never driven a manual car in the twisties
            I have though, slow shifts up and down and loss of boost each time. Manual made sense when transmission control computers sucked and you needed to engine brake to compensate for the tire/brake tech of the 1990s. Those have both come to the point where manual benefits no longer outweigh the shortcomings.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>slows down
            >lost boost
            you're like a damaged record, kid. All you can think about is performance numbers. Buy a fricking tesla if you're so worried about lost seconds due to shifting.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>All you can think about is performance numbers
            >is the only one posting the numbers himself

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nice try troony

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>wants *eddit-tier meme gay vehicle
            >is also obsessed with trannies
            Pottery.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Best AWD Diesel Manual Wagon
    I can't imagine there are many AWD diesel wagons available with a manual transmission.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes the diesels are great, one of the best diesel engines ever made
    I opted for the gas model, it's harder to find, not as reliable but I get 2000 more revs and insane induction sound.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, nah

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>full size 4wd SUV
      >wagon
      illiterate

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>TLC70
        >full size