Best cars to drive across Europe?

Best cars to drive across Europe?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As in "renting"? RWD BMWs obviously. Everything else available is troonyverse shit.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Rent
      >BMW
      That is probably the single most blandest way to tour Europe.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why? Everything else available as rentals in Europe is even more bland.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Do you want to wait 6 weeks to get your car shipped from Florida to Hamburg?
          >$2000 plus tip one way

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anon, rental cars don't need to be shipped, the whole purpose of them is to be available on the spot. You drop off the plane and get yourself a car then drive then leave it somewhere (doesn't even have to be the same place, but that usually costs a bit extra). Are you moronic?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            Or wait, are you implying the only way to get a BMW in Europe is to ship it from the US?

I was talking about a car you own. moron
            Ofc you can rent a car wherever you are traveling to but that is apparently bland.

Bringing your own car is expensive and takes time.

>only way to get a bmw is to ship it from the US
            You could buy a bmw in germany for example but you cant register it because you need to be at least a resident in this place to register it. Export plates are time limited (30 days).

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>t.room temperature IQ
            >(Centigrade)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Rent
            >BMW
            That is probably the single most blandest way to tour Europe.

Or wait, are you implying the only way to get a BMW in Europe is to ship it from the US?

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Man I planned a road trip that consisted of circling the black sea starting from Turkey and ending up in Greece but the the uke war broke out and the trip was shelved indefinitely. What car should I use for such a trip if the war ends? I was thinking a butchanka would be cool and it could double as accommodations if needed. Many Germans mod them into essentially RVs.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> starting from Turkey and ending up in Greece
      Would be complicated in terms of insurance. If you rent a car best to stay within EU. Otherwise you need different cars for different countries.

> I was thinking a butchanka would be cool and it could double as accommodations if needed.
      I used to have an old VW Transporter with a mattress inside for road trips, shit was great.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>If you rent
        What if I own?

>butchanka
        It's "bukhanka" and it would cure you from your filthy slavabooism one way or another if you were serious.
        >What car should I use for such a trip if the war ends?
        Anything that can handle mountains and heat, I saw a Russian doing it in a GMT800 Tahoe about a decade ago.

>slavabooism
        What the hell is that? And yes I am serious.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slavaboo

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Lol, you think considering a buchanka is some form of salv worship? I 've only ever seen germans and italians use them for EU roadtrips, never a slav. Slavs use BMWs.

>butchanka
            It's "bukhanka" and it would cure you from your filthy slavabooism one way or another if you were serious.
            Anything that can handle mountains and heat, I saw a Russian doing it in a GMT800 Tahoe about a decade ago.

>Anything that can handle mountains and heat
            I get the mountains but why the heat? I am not planning to cross North Africa. It would make more sense to me to prepare for snow, depending on season ofc.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you think considering a buchanka is some form of salv worship
            Yes.
            >Slavs use BMWs.
            Have you ever wondered why? They can get UAZs and Ladas for cheap, the parts for them are plentiful and easy to find in the Motherland, but for some reason they buy foreign-made cars and trucks as soon as they can afford it.
            >but why the heat
            Because it could get pretty hot during the south part of your trip in Turkey. Prepping for possible snow is way easier than for mountainous terrain combined with hot weather. Around the Black Sea the snow is going be sporadic anyway.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> but for some reason they buy foreign-made cars and trucks as soon as they can afford it
            Because russian cars are dogshit bad
            >bad manufacturing
            >cheap parts
            >rust issues

Sure they are cheaper but they break all the time. Its also about status. Anyone who could got a western car in the 90s. The rest had to keep driving boxy ladas and die in a crash at walking speed

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Have you ever wondered why?
            It's pretty obvious if you ever visit a holiday spot were both slavs and germans congregate. Germans are really into RVs and camping .Slavs on the other hand prefer to stay in some 4-5 star hotel even if they can hardly afford it. It's a culture thing.
            >but for some reason they buy foreign-made cars and trucks as soon as they can afford it.
            Again that is more of culture thing from countries that were historically poor. Whenever said poorgays come across even a little bit of extra cash they prefer to go in debt in order to show off with some status symbol car. That is why their foreign made cars of choice are more often than not german luxury brands and not Corollas and Civics.
            Germans(the natives that is) who, lack such inferiority complexes may have an expensive car at home but they will prefer to go on a trip with their 20yo RV, sleep in tents and order a salad and tap water.

>I am not planning to cross North Africa
            you literally stated that in the OP

Not OP but, touché.

>but why the heat? I am not planning to cross North Africa
            Southern Europe can get pretty damn hot these days. Like, hot enough that unhealthy people start dying from the heat in their own homes.
            Hell, it was almost 30 C / 86 F in Finland a few days ago. You don't want to ride around without good AC.
            Many of those old Soviet tin cans also tend to overheat on flat roads just trying to keep up with regular traffic. In mild weather. Their engines might have been decent in the 1950s (in a vehicle half the weight).

>Hell, it was almost 30 C / 86 F in Finland
            Was in Athens Greece a few days back. It was hot but not 30C hot. Sporadic heat waves are normal. What is not normal is for a car manufactured in the last 20 years being unable to handle them. I think the heat problem is kind of overblown.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Germans are really into RVs and camping .Slavs on the other hand prefer to stay in some 4-5 star hotel even if they can hardly afford it.
            Don't decent RVs cost way more than hotels? So if someone can hardly afford the latter they definitely can't afford even renting the former.
            >It's a culture thing.
            Know a number of Russians and Ukrainians who's into offroading and camping, so no. See

> but for some reason they buy foreign-made cars and trucks as soon as they can afford it
            Because russian cars are dogshit bad
            >bad manufacturing
            >cheap parts
            >rust issues

Sure they are cheaper but they break all the time. Its also about status. Anyone who could got a western car in the 90s. The rest had to keep driving boxy ladas and die in a crash at walking speed

, he's exaggerating a bit, but is right in general.
            >Whenever said poorgays come across even a little bit of extra cash they prefer to go in debt in order to show off with some status symbol car.
            Lol, most imported cars were bought for cash even in the 1990s. Getting in debt is an American thing because credit cards and the concept of borrowing money from the bank for something other than real estate have a much longer history there.
            >That is why their foreign made cars of choice are more often than not german luxury brands and not Corollas and Civics.
            >Germans(the natives that is) who, lack such inferiority complexes may have an expensive car at home but they will prefer to go on a trip with their 20yo RV, sleep in tents and order a salad and tap water.
            So you're trying to say that wanting a comfy picnic or a nice barbecue is a manifestation of an inferiority complex, as is driving a nicer car instead of leaving it at home? Adding to that, maintaining a 20 year old RV in a country with humid or even snowy winter costs a lot of money or time or both, so I suspect you're probably have a very little idea of the things you have opinions about.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Don't decent RVs cost way more than hotels?
            So?
            >Know a number of Russians and Ukrainians who's into offroading and camping, so no.
            So exceptions exists so the rule is wrong? In what kind of contrarian state of mind must one be to take my assertion on german and slavs preferences for vacationing to be absolute?
            >Getting in debt is an American thing
            Sure if you are stuck in the 80s. If you believe that current year slavs and europeons don't go in debt in order to spent beyond their means you are clearly uninformed. It has subsided a little bit in the last years, first because of the 08 crisis and then because of the mild-respiratory-virus crisis but it is still a thing. Hell it's probably making a comeback.
            >So you're trying to say that wanting a comfy picnic or a nice barbecue is a manifestation of an inferiority complex,, as is driving a nicer car instead of leaving it at home?
            No. Clearly never even implied that. Check your reading comprehension skills.
            >Adding to that, maintaining a 20 year old RV costs a lot of money.
            Yes?
            Is you brain translating my claim that germans don't prefer flashy vacationing as the germans are poor? Man you must be a slav. They are cheap sure but definitely not poor. Just the cost of the petrol to get their buchanka turned RV from germany to spain is probably more than the BMW riding bulgarian roadtriping in greece will spent for his entire stay.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>So?
            Read the sentence following the one you quoted.
            >So exceptions exists so the rule is wrong?
            Firstly, you have to prove "the rule" exists, then something can be proven to be an exception, not the other way round.
            >my claim that germans don't prefer flashy vacationing
            Voluntarily driving Soviet vehicles for prolonged periods of time or over long distances and ordering salads and tap water is far from "not preferring flashy vacationing", it's subjecting yourself to some mild form of suffering. Some people are into it, but it's definitely not the norm, and I see no reason to label people who don't practice that as having some sort of psych problems. That's what I'm trying to tell you.
            > Just the cost of the petrol to get their buchanka turned RV from germany to spain is probably more than the BMW riding bulgarian roadtriping in greece will spent for his entire stay.
            Then how this Bulgarian having a nice time in a nice car has some psychological complex and people spending more time and more money to drive a less nice car do not? That's some trickery my obviously subpar brain can't understand.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Read the sentence following the one you quoted.
            I did. Still don't get it.
            >Firstly, you have to prove "the rule" exists
            It's my first hand anecdotal experience. That is good enough for a rule on 4chins.
            >no reason to label people who don't practice that as having some sort of psych problems.
            I was exaggerating in order to make a point. No need to get your panties in a twist.
            Plus the fact that germans don't suffer from economical and status inferiority complexes like most of the slavs do doesn't mean they are not fricked in the head in their own special way. Personally I would take the company of slav posers over random germans any day of the week.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I did. Still don't get it.
            See, you posted something that can be interpreted as
            >ethnicity A and B go on a holiday together
            >A prefer RVs
            >B prefer nice hotels (cheaper than RVs), but sometimes they can hardly afford even them
            >therefore, it's a cultural thing for ethnicities A and B
            But if we look at the costs, we'll see that not only As are willing to spend more money, but Bs might (and sometimes definitely) not have enough money for the comparison at all. You can't attribute to culture things that have simpler explanation.
            >It's my first hand anecdotal experience.
            And I shared mine.
            >That is good enough for a rule on 4chins.
            Yeah, so is mine.
            >I was exaggerating in order to make a point.
            It's a shaky point if you can't make it without exaggerating, and the particular exaggeration says a lot about you.
            >Plus the fact that germans don't suffer from economical and status inferiority complexes
            But they do? There's that widely-known set of psych problems about losing two world wars and being humiliated and restricted in a lot of things up to this day, then the fact the East Germans were under the Soviets on top of that for several generations. I'm not some certified shrink, but inferiority is the word that definitely comes to mind. I believe the Ossies suffered economically as well.
            >doesn't mean they are not fricked in the head in their own special way.
            Didn't mean to say the Slavs aren't fricked in the head in their own special way, only that some of their vehicle choices you mentioned are adequate.
            >slav posers
            I'd say a poseur is a word that can be applied to someone fricking ordering tap water at a restaurant or burning a lot of money trying to make a reliable and comfortable vehicle out of a Soviet UAZ especially if its severe offroading capabilities are not needed and there's access to a lot of other more appropriate vehicles.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you can't attribute to culture things that have a simpler explanation
            Culture is pretty fricking simple as far general behavior explanations go.
            >exaggeration
            Its a pretty common tactic in non formal discourse to exaggerate in order to make a point and/or create interest. It really says nothing about me. The fact that you got so butthurt over nothing is very funny though.
            OK slavboy I get. I never claimed that you BMWs aren't an adequate road tripping vehicle. I only thought that considering a buchanka for a road trip is more of a German than a Slav thing and thus I don't consider it "slavbooism".
            If I wanted to play pretend being a Slav I would drive an early aughts BMW not a Vesta.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why can't Germs be slavaboos?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean they technically can but the only other ethnicity that hates slavs as much as germans are other slavs.
            Oh my god. I think i get it now.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How did you get from discussing Slav cars and their applications to hating the Slavs themselves? I'm definitely missing a few steps here.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Germans can't be slavophiles since they hate Slavs
            >The only people that hate Slavs as much as Germans are other Slavs
            >Thus Germans can be slavophiles.
            Better?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh it's your made-up "rules" again

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's called having a laugh with silly concepts like "salvaboosism". I could go on about how the joke works for historical and contemporary reasons but that is actually no fun.
            Not my fault you got a stick up your ass.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Guess it's some Slav humor I don't get
            Don't see anyone else laughing, though

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Don't see anyone else laughing, though
            >On an image board
            Good, that means that you are not a schizo. Just a moron.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>your joke is funny only to you
            >you're a moron!
            Talking about the inferiority complex...

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>but why the heat? I am not planning to cross North Africa
            Southern Europe can get pretty damn hot these days. Like, hot enough that unhealthy people start dying from the heat in their own homes.
            Hell, it was almost 30 C / 86 F in Finland a few days ago. You don't want to ride around without good AC.
            Many of those old Soviet tin cans also tend to overheat on flat roads just trying to keep up with regular traffic. In mild weather. Their engines might have been decent in the 1950s (in a vehicle half the weight).

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I am not planning to cross North Africa
            you literally stated that in the OP

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>butchanka

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
  3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I watched a Jason Statham movie where he did this in an Audi.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

probably a camel because europe is just iraq now

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the money you can spend

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

E38, but a nice one. Do it on style.
    You'll also get more respect once you got the Balkan.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Best cars to drive across Europe?
    As an Aussie a late model Landcruiser seems a logical choice for long distance touring.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BMW M8 Competition Convertible

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A soft top definitely seems like the choice for a yuro grand tour in summer

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

As long as you stick to the mediterranean coast
        The norf is rainier

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>a soft top isn't rainproof

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A big German luxury sedan/SUV/wagon, obviously.
    Cayenne, Panamera, GLS, S-Class, etc.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I went on a 5000km trip across europ in my m4 it was pretty cool

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/lMYTMcv.jpeg

sovl

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My last Euro road trip was in a 5 series diesel.
    Begin in Paris, Bordeax, down to Pau, through the Pyrenees with a wrong turn ending up at the Spanish border. Make way to Toulouse, Carcassonne (highly recommended) St Tropez, Nice, then Monoco. Then back north through Lyon, Dijon and stayed in Mulhouse where you can visit a world class Bugatti museum. Day trip to Bern from there. Time of my life, would do again...
    -I remember visiting grandparents living in Belgium, grand dad had BMW 2002. We all fell in love with these wonderful little cars. Nothing like blasting through the black forest in a BMW wide open. Truly a dream.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Best cars to drive across Europe?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We need to go deeper

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I did a big tour of the Nordics in a 530e and it was perfect for that. Comfy enough for all day cruising on long stretches of highway. Although the fuel costs were very high in Norway.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Suburban

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Porsche

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Miata is always the answer

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 765LT

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've got a few in mind but you're so brainrot you're using AI pepe so no.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Eurailpass

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Caterham.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *