Best reliable cross country crawler

So I'll have to go to Africa later this year to work in a really remote area, the kind of shit where a dirt road is a rare luxury. I'm looking to get a car shipped over there that won't let me down in the fricking wilderness and can handle pretty much any terrain. I know Jeeps are supremely gay but they do seem to get the job done. With a truck I'd have the benefit of more cargo space but the long wheelbase makes me kinda worried.

What do you guys think is the best car for crawling over hills and ditches in the middle of nowhere?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy an ad, Toyota. You know where this is headed.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I mean a Hilux with a machine gun strapped to it looks kinda based but it has a very long wheelbase

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How much crawling will you actually do?
        Sounds risky in the space of AIDS.
        The Hilux will get it done, just carry some speed and slide over the groid pile. It will bring less attention too.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not entirely sure, but there will be some amount of crawling and with creatures such as lions, leopards and Black folk roaming around I'd rather be safe than sorry

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you’re going to die in africa bro

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Probably.
            But if I die at least I wanna die in the right car

African anon here. Jeeps are supremely capable off road but not really reliable. Here people use jeeps only on off road trails where help from other people is available. If you're going deep into the country over 1000s of kilometers there is only one answer: Toyota landcruser

Which gen?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You are almost getting it...

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What am I looking at?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Prius with a Vulcan cannon mounted to a custom interior frame, I guess? Totally a vanity build.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Totally a vanity build
            he relaxed

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Now do a GAU8

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A jeep is superior for adverse terrain right up to the point where the fiat electronics shit the bed.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's a Jeep thing
      You wouldn't understand.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Land Cruiser J70, Land Rover Defender, Suzuki Jimny, Jeep Wrangler.

Short wheelbase, ladder frame, low end manual case, simple diesel engine.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

African anon here. Jeeps are supremely capable off road but not really reliable. Here people use jeeps only on off road trails where help from other people is available. If you're going deep into the country over 1000s of kilometers there is only one answer: Toyota landcruser

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can you post some proof of actually being African

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

W123 turbodiesel Mercedes and some knobby tires

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

3 door Prado

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Where in Africa? It matters. If you're going to be in, for example, Guinea or Senegal, you want a Peugeot. In Sierra Leone you want a Nissan. In Mauritania you want a Mercedes. Morocco loves Renault/Dacia.

Most important feature that you're going to want is air conditioning so that you can close the windows and keep out dust/sand/malaria/africans.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Kenya and Tanzania

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You know those countries are right hand drive, right? If you're shipping something there, you'll want to take that into account.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yup, most of those car manufacturers have RWD cars as an option though

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

dont buy a ranger, as an ausgay the 10 speed autos overheat and self destruct and i cant imagine those places are any cooler

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Most important feature that you're going to want is air conditioning
      Do whitoids people really

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>>Most important feature that you're going to want is air conditioning so that you can close the windows and keep out dust/sand/malaria/africans.
        >Do whitoids people really
        Do white people really prefer keep their car interiors at a comfortable temperature while being free of dust, mosquitos, and africans? This white person does.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

$3k civic with a few tasty mods

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Such as?

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71 police interceptor with a few simple mods
    •K&N cold air intake
    •pushbar
    •dual spotlight kit
    •cop brakes
    •marauder ducktail spoiler
    •blacked out police grille
    •cop suspension
    •LED 3rd brake light swap
    •integrated amber lights
    •cop gearing ratio
    •dual spotlight delete
    •Cadillac 4 note horn
    •aluminum intake manifold
    •NGK spark plugs
    •2 shot of NOS in the trunk
    •cop chip
    •flowmaster 40s
    •radar detector
    •Mercury air ride suspension conversion
    •door pin keypad delete
    •16 inch Grand Marquis premium wheels
    •spare tire delete
    •cat delete
    •K-9 unit decal
    •black ice air freshener
    •engine cover delete
    •dash cam
    •aluminum radiator with pusher fans
    •Ford Racing front plate
    •blue fuel lines
    •cable to electric throttle body swap
    •castrol GTX top off
    •unleaded tune
    •timing chain cover delete
    •welded diff
    •Ford Racing valve covers
    •2 step
    •CB radio
    •air suspension delete
    •Pirelli P4 all seasons
    •steel wheel swap

Im making 368 horsepower to the REAR WHEELS because that’s the only place power should be.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>air ride suspension conversion
      >air suspension delete

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

your ignorance makes me believe you are american, and to my knowledge there is nothing sold in usa thats as capable or reliable as what you get there. after all they live in that terrrain and give zero fricks about emissions or safety so obviously they have vehicles more suited to it than you. shure a jeep can do it but just get one there instead of shipping it, they are about the only american 4x4 with world wide reach, you still get fricked when the electronics craps on you and parts must be flown in.
    or you can get a 500 000km 1hz powered 70 series and absolutely nothing will stop you.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You seem to have no clue how ungodly expensive it is to ship a vehicle anywhere around the world. On top of that, Jeep doesn't exists outside of the US so hen it does shit the bed, you are fricked.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

jeeps are literally everywhere and there are countless shipping agencys who cater to tourists and overlanders, its not a deal breaker. but if the purpose is just having a car to get around not a purpose buildt rig then just buy locally.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't bring a new car anywhere near Africa. How do you think you're going to fight off a rabid gang of black thieves who want to rip it to shreds and sell it for parts? From what I understand, the type of areas where tourists go are typically gated off from the rest of Africa and packed to the gills with armed private guards. If you're going to be in the wildy by yourself, you should drive something clapped out to arouse the least attention possible.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

africa isnt detroit or st. louis, you are safe unless there is actual war going on and there will be enough new cars around that yours dont stand out. most are simply busy living their life and give zero fricks about your car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How could Africa not be Detroit or St. Louis? It's even bigger and blacker with less law and order

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

afro americans are nothing like actual africans.
          having experienced both i understand why you guys think the way you do but that doesnt translate well to the outside world. they only got skin color in common and even africans hate to be compared with their american counterparts.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Have you experienced actual Africans in actual Africa?

I'm American and I have met lots of actual Africans, and they're pretty much universally highly intelligent and well-mannered. But that's only because I am experiencing a small sample of actual Africans, who are in the top 0.5% of their native population, which is why they have enough money to travel to the US and rub elbows with me.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes i have but obviously a limited amount of them just like you.
            the ones who make it to europe are often not educated or well off at all but they are so frickin happy they made it here they do everything they can to atleast make their kids educated and they never skip a day of work. you have to send them home and tell them health care is free if they break a leg. this is the christian ones and they are a majority of catholic and other non protestant parishes here.
            down there in their homeland, that i only seen from my ship or harbour, they are just working drones, and what i heard from whites living there, its exactly that. they work, feed their family and care about nothing else. like the american middle class.
            africa is literally a car camping aka overlanding hotspot for europeans, it wouldnt be so if it was actually dangerous.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look at the channel, The Road Chose Me. The Jeep drives fine.

Do NOT mod the Jeep to have tire poke or else you will never be able to drive it anywhere in Africa. Many countries made it illegal because it kicks up rocks on otherwise already shitty roads. The tire poke thing is pretty much exclusive to USA and Canada for the most part. This is one of the most common ways to have a vehicle rejected by customs.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's your job?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *