Bike Anons. What are your experiences with roof racks?

Bike Anons. What are your experiences with roof racks?

My Focus has no rails, so I'll need one that clamps into the door frames, are there any issues with these?
I'm also mortally afraid of forgetting and ramming into my garage with the bikes on top, are horizontal bike racks any good?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is my ignis roof rack setup, the racks and basket buffeted the car, wasted fuel, and were fricking noisy on the highway. So I only install them when I actually need to carry shit. This takes about 5 minutes to install and remove from the car.

Specific bicycle rakcs seem like a giant frick around anon. I've got a cheap tarpaulin, fold the seats down, pop the front wheel off if necessary, boom you have bike transport.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I've got a cheap tarpaulin, fold the seats down, pop the front wheel off if necessary, boom you have bike transport
      Yeah yeah, I do that now. I'll be visiting bike parks with my kids this year, though, so I need to carry more bikes AND them.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Picrel can fit like 6 bikes, some bags and 5 passengers inside. Also it has roof racks so you can put the 3rd row in, haul 8 passengers and bikes on the roof plus a hitch rack.

Get the right car for the family

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if you are going to ruin your paint get the one for your boot better price and if your garage isn´t extremely low you don´t have to worry
    something like picrel

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I have one and it's decent. I don't know if I trust it (or my rear window) with three bikes, though.
      I put paint protection stickers all around the boot where the straps hook in, no issue.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They make fold up bikes that fit in the trunk. Its incredibly easy to forget stuff is on your roof. Just watch the 9"6 channel where trucks and rvs drive past warning signs and flashing lights and knock the bridge. If people cant even remember that they are driving an rv or truck, how will you remember there's a bike on your car? Its impossible. You're going to frick up your house, bike and car at the same time.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They don't make fold-up hardcore enduro bikes, my good man.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Its incredibly easy to forget stuff is on your roof

Story time
      Last day of short vacation by the lake. Parking at the beach usually requires a ticket. We're about to drive home, I go to pay the ticket - turns out parking is free that day, great! I return and put wallet and ticket on the roof while we pack up the kids. We all get in and drive off, the pike opens without requiring a ticket. 20 minutes later, on the Autobahn, I get an ominous feeling. Oh no no no.
      I immediately pull over, knowing very well that there is no chance, after a couple of minutes of doing 140 kph on the Autobahn, that the wallet is still up there. Of course, it's gone.
      As I'm about to get back in the car, my eyes catch something at the rear wing... pic related.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Lucky guy. Last time I put something on my roof it was coffee and it spilled almost instantly. $4 wasted Very sad

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I met a guy who had An Aston Martin Vantage with a pair of bike racks on the back, attached to the rear screen with suction cups. I expressed surprise but he assured me that they were perfectly secure, and the bigger risk were the clamps attaching the bikes themselves to the racks - to overcome this there were safety cables and a lock to prevent the clamps coming undone.
    I think each rack was attached with four suction cups, which used built-in plungers to raise the vacuum.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They exist for the roof as well. I always for for the rear window with these solutions, I don't know...

A Vantage with a bike rack is pretty based, though. I have to say.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I Have this type of bike rack for my car, got it for free without the mount that goes on the tongue so dad made another. we also make a base to use the rack as a stand.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>made a base

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I can't tell how this is supposed to hold a bike or mount to a car. Got any better pictures?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It bolts onto the tongue with using the tow ball, works well if you only have a flat tongue rather than a square tube receiver.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

And the bike is strapped in with velcro straps, I'll be replacing the velcro straps with ladder straps when the Velcro starts to deteriorate.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All my vehicles have hitches and I have a bike carrier that mounts to that.
    Personally I prefer to ride to my locations, but that's not always possible far away on a mtb.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Hitch mounted is ideal, for sure. I looked into that and the (removable) hitch alone would cost around 400. The bike carrier for it is almost the same. I don't want to spend that kind of money.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Gotta pay to play. I have a hitch and a hitch-mounted rack on my Focus. The little hatch-mounted ones with their straps and buckles are just too rinky dink to trust with a nice bicycle.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

One time, my aunt had her bike fall off on the interstate. She's lucky that no one crashed into it. Women should not be allowed to attach things to their cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Bro, when we had our first kid, my wife "installed" the baby seat in her car. When I checked up on it, I noticed that she installed it in a way that would have for sure killed our kid on any slightly harder impact.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You know why they have keyless ignition now? Cause women attach 8 pounds of shit to their keychains. Now they can leave that shit in the purse instead of having it frick up the ignition

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I just looked up hatch mounted bike racks.
          >AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My experience with bike racks is as follows:
    My mom had a Ford Explorer with a rack on it and my dad accidentally destroyed it driving through a short parking garage.

The other time was when I went to Road America and did a parade lap, some idiot "Euro-Stance" dude had a bike on top of his VW hatch but they made him take it off before going out.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>KTM
    wut? Is the engine out for repair?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

ktm sells chinkshit bicycles as a side gig

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

KTM sells chinkshit motorcycle engines as their main gig too.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Symbolic image. I would never buy a KTM.

ktm sells chinkshit bicycles as a side gig

Sadly true.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>>>/n/

[...]

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *