Boomer car mods

what are some of your favorites?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The knobs you put on the steering wheel and for some reason a lot of boomers around me will put a fricking shovel on the hood of their jeeps

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

When my mom had shoulder surgery, she needed the knob to drive her car comfortably. So I get that.
      Also I will defend dash cams. Shit has saved my ass so many times when people throw their car into reverse and floor it directly into my rear end in the fricking Walmart parking lot. Insurance loves that shit.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I have a dash cam for my car does yours record continuously. I need to get a new one mine only records when it detects something

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I got a Rexing brand a few years ago. Just plug it into the AC slot and it runs. It's easiest if you unplug it at the module to turn it off. It takes a microSD and holds up to 10 hours of footage, continuously deletes, but if there's a sudden G-force movement it auto-locks the current footage from deletion. For $130 it was a great cam, even has modules for GPS and speed measuring. Of course if you're driving your ass off, you don't want to submit that SD card footage and have the court realize you were going 15 over.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cant you just cut up the footage and submit only the accident to court?
            Dashcams are a must these days with how many women and minorities are driving around

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're probably right. There's just something that wards me off, seeing my speed stamped on a video. I just like the datetime and my license plate.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

usually there's an option to turn that off

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>have a dash cam for year
        >nice boring footage all day long
        >camera finally shits the bed
        >oh_well.jpg
        >now driving without a camera
        >one week later society adopts the mannerisms of death-race 2000

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The shovel on the hood is LARPing that they use the shovel for offroading and other manly tasks.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The knobs you put on the steering wheel and for some reason a lot of boomers around me will put a fricking shovel on the hood of their jeeps
      That steering wheel knob is actually illegal in the US. It's for lazy third world fricks who cannot fathom using both hands to steer a steering wheel.

The shovel is just larp. They'd throw out their back the moment they have to dig up any hardpack, which they never will. With that said, I keep a military e-tool to dig myself out of snow and ice and that's more than enough to handle normal road conditions. Also compact enough to stow under my seat.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>That steering wheel knob is actually illegal in the US. It's for lazy third world fricks who cannot fathom using both hands to steer a steering wheel.
        not lazy just constantly on the phone for some reason

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's for cars without power steering and have like 5 full turns from lock to lock. It makes it easier to turn the wheel quickly. They're basically obsolete now

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a lot of boomers around me will put a fricking shovel on the hood of their jeeps

Silly boomers, the shovel belongs UNDER the hood of a real Jeep.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

but I neeeed 52oz of a triple triple

really just came to ask about that. I assumed it was a meal team six larp or some shit but as far as I remembered those frickers went under the hood. I do keep a collapsing one in my trunk for the winter. would be pretty funny to mount it to the hood but I don't think I have clearance in the bay

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I use one to fit my hydroflask in it. If I don't put it in a cupholder, it becomes a floor missile in the back of my car

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Frick I love early military Jeeps, such a shame that they're not really viable on modern roads. Maybe someday I'll restomod a trashed one with one of those new-production bodies and a drivetrain that can actually keep up on the highway.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Mahindra still has the license the build the Willy's Jeep and sells it here as a sxs

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How much cow dung does it come with from the factory

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ask the people in Michigan who make the damn thing

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

With an Oldsmobile badge? Wacky.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Steering wheel knobs predate automobiles because they work very well. BTW the last Boomer was born in 1965 and not many drive Jeeps these days.

>The knobs you put on the steering wheel and for some reason a lot of boomers around me will put a fricking shovel on the hood of their jeeps
      That steering wheel knob is actually illegal in the US. It's for lazy third world fricks who cannot fathom using both hands to steer a steering wheel.

The shovel is just larp. They'd throw out their back the moment they have to dig up any hardpack, which they never will. With that said, I keep a military e-tool to dig myself out of snow and ice and that's more than enough to handle normal road conditions. Also compact enough to stow under my seat.

>That steering wheel knob is actually illegal in the US.

Citation needed. Sure-Grip make excellent ones.

https://www.sportaid.com/sure-grip-spinner.html

I had shoulder replacement so I used the high quality medical versions (better materials and bearings) on my trucks and like them so well I retained them. They work very well hence their use on tractors, spotting tugs and more. The doorknob and vertical handle style work about the same.

They were briefly controversial because hot rodders in the early days used "Brodie knobs" etc for rapid maneuvers. Those are now collectible.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Funny you should say that, our infrastructure manager at my job is a boomer and he won’t stop talking about his Jeep Gladiator and how he can take off the roof and doors. Someone else drives an Ineos Grenadier which our manager was shitting on because you can’t take the roof/doors off. I’m sure the doors do come off but not like a Jeep

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tell him you can take the door off any car with a socket wrench and 8 bolts in 10 minutes and if he wants a roof remove buy a convertible like a french pussy

well dont actualyl say that, but still

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I agree, even if I did it would fall on deaf ears. Boomers gonna boom

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I got so used to operating heavy telehandler lifts I put a brodie on my car. It is immensely better, and not illegal in my state. Try it, get used to it and you'll hate being in a car without one.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This shit makes me so fricking angry.
    It summarized the Amerislop economy.
    >make your car look like an ugly turd so you can have it in good condition for the next owner so you can finance another car to make look like an ugly turd

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that's why i have my phone caseless

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

thats why I don't wrap it I dump the whole load inside let the next guy deal with it

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Modern smartphones require bumper cases just to not break when dropped. The last phone I have that doesn't is from 2013 or so.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Window rain guards are based.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>zoomer has never seen a bug so he doesn’t understand the bug guard’s purpose

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

when ur so old and frail you can't simple wipe bugs off ur car so you put a ugly ass unibrow on ur 2007 chevy silverado

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

but does he have a handheld air horn?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The longer I look the more flabbergasted I get.
      >3 different device holders
      >door beep silencer
      >3/4 of a steering wheel
      >blue tennis ball on the stick

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

for me it's the heel rest under the accelerator pedal

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the real reason he cut the steering wheel is funny, it was so he could see the gauges better.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>dead pedal
      >heel rest
      But actually based, you kids will understand when your knees and ankles start to shit out on you.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the dead pedal isn't even a mod though. practically every car has them

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The left foot rest in most cars is usually nothing more than the wheel well protrusion. A real dead pedal was for manual drivers, now its just some shitty "one size fits....someone" hump. Too far away and big for women, too close and small for men. Not adjustable, and thus poorly fit for 6'5 work boots and 5'2 slip on shoes.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>is usually nothing more than the wheel well protrusion
            damn. i see dead pedals all the time but the only one i am autistically familiar eith are toyota ones because they are actually a separate part number, not using any wheel well protrusion, and you can still buy new ones, both for auto and manual (where available) for most of their models.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's wrong with dash cams and rubber floor mats? Those actually do serve a practical purpose.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

hating dash cams is nig behavior, all cam haters are drooling morons who drive accordingly and get mad that everyone can prove it now

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

what if I don't like living in a SOCIETY where there are cameras everywhere watching everything you do?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The time to b***h about that was 40 years ago. We're through the looking glass now. Everything you do on the road is recorded by every ring camera, security camera, dash cam and traffic cam. Can't put that twinkie back in the wrapper.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

an understandable concern but im not handing vids of your burnouts to the coppas thats poofta behaviour.

what i have a dashcam for is the literal MILLIONS of shitskins and chinks that now make up approximately 50% of Sydney's population who cannot drive, cannot accept responsibility for crashes they caused and will hit and run if given the opportunity to do so

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

those are pajeet mods not boomer mods

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

DUI spec SUV conversion
    Unplugged brake lights
    Seatbelt clipped behind his back

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I really like my Garmin GPS. My Town Car doesn't have a screen in it and I have lousy cell phone service where I am so having a dedicated GPS is really nice.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Window deflectors really work and improve the vehicle aero, as a car autist you have nothing to hate.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

After getting fricked by insurance I now believe ever car should have a dashcam
    Long story but in short: lady crashes into me. The pictures I took of the scene is pretty clear she crashed into me. Insurance comes back months later like: yea, so it's your word against hers so it's 50/50 liability. Had I had the dash cam it would have definitely been 100% her fault

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i got love tapped up the ass when the dumb c**t merging into my lane wasn't paying attention. waited for traffic to clear up then pulled into a side street only to then realise that he drove off. front plates were clrarly visible on my rear dash cam, and it took my insurance about three months before i got my excess refunded.
      there wasn't actually any visible damage and it was an old beater camry, but i bet his premiums shot through the roof given that he did a hit and run.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dashcam is a good idea. Makes it easy to prove to insurance when some fricktard pulls in front of you.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>boomer mods
    Seems more like Uber mods.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All are shit except the weather rubber floor Matt, I have one on my Lexus is and it makes a difference

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

11% Apr for 96 months

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use these to keep my car from melting inside in the hot summer. All you have to do is close the window 97% so there's a little bit of ventilation.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *