Both have 10 year/100,000 mile warranty

Why don't other makers compete with that?

For a daily driver, why should I buy anything else?

Seriously.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They often deny warranty claims over the stupidest of reasons and don't allow it to be transferred between owners, makes sense when you consider how dogshit the QC for their engines is
    That warranty is literally just a marketing gimmick and frankly I'm astonished they haven't been railed by the FTC

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They often deny warranty claims over the stupidest of reasons
      Proof?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Less than 5 seconds on Google

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

People making forum posts is not proof that there was unfair denial of warranty service. For all we know they modded the frick out of their hyundais to make them leet and then went to cry on red*t when Hyundai rightfully btfo their claims.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>noooo those people all modded their cars Hyundai can't be making absolute garbage then going back on their word and denying warranty claims!
            https://www.mckenzielake.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Hyundai-Settlement-Notice.pdf

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The settlement you posted has nothing to do with warranty claims and in any case companies will settle cases rather than fight it because they can just write off the settlement as a loss and pay less taxes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All of those people had warranties denied and had to pay out of pocket for their junky ass engines

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The settlement you posted alleges that "some" owners and lessees had their warranty claims denied, allegations which were neither admitted nor proven in court.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Which is why they had to settle, right?
            >nooo stop being mean to the megacorporation!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Which is why they had to settle, right?
            Who knows why they had to settle. But I assure you the stipulation of settlement says outright neither party admits to any allegations. In the end all you have are innuendos and speculation.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>modding a kia/hyundai
            They have bigger problems than a denied warranty claim.
            (moronation)

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You can search literally any manufacturer's name + denied and get hits.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>They often deny warranty claims
        I don't know what the situation is in the US but here in EU that is not the case
        >They don't allow it to be transferred between owners
        That is also not the case in EU.
        Hyundai has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty and KIA 7. Maybe its your consumer protection laws that are dogshit.

It's the dealerships that deny the warranty not Hyundai corporate. Dealers hate doing warranty work because corporate provides the parts, the dealer does the labor for free and doesn't make any markup on the parts either.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What? Dealers charge the maker for work done under the warranty.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They often deny warranty claims
      I don't know what the situation is in the US but here in EU that is not the case
      >They don't allow it to be transferred between owners
      That is also not the case in EU.
      Hyundai has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty and KIA 7. Maybe its your consumer protection laws that are dogshit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Or maybe the original point about their 10 year warranty being a marketing gimmick was correct the entire time?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They do require proof that you maintained the vehicle. Lots of buyers on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum, the bread and butter of their business, fail to do that.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People who took their cars to the same dealer then entire time were denied warranty claims, it's all a sham

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They'll deny it if you didn't get the "proper maintenence"
      Which bassically means you have to take it to the dealer if you need to so much as top up your wiper fluid.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can get a lifetime warranty on a lot of things.
    Bricky McBrick may have a lifetime warranty but you'll find someone or something mechanically destroying it isn't included.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> Why don't other makers compete with that
    Its expensive to. They'd rather sell cars with lower sticker prices/lower interest/better value for money etc. Or then the companies are able to command better margins than the Koreans.

For an ordinary new car every 3-5 years, a long time warranty is unnecessary.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hyundai and Kia have historically been priced well below the competition so the argument that other makers would rather sell for less instead of having a longer warranty doesn't hold water.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the fact that engines are failing under 10yr/100k EVEN UNDER EXTREME NEGLECT goes to show how shitty modern engines have become, especially Hyundai's.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because g4 engines (especially theta 2 g4kd) are quite possibly the worst engines known to mankind. At least with mazda's wankel engines you knew exactly when you have to rebuild them and the rebuild itself was relatively easy. G4 engines are simply unrepairable. I mean you can try to bore them (which is a lottery to begin with) but best case scenario you're getting another 100k miles after the rebuild for around 5k usd.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They have the warranty because they both make shitboxes that will fall apart on you no matter how well you take care of them.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Best in class reliability + doesn't look like an incel gay jap crap mobile

Sales are skyrocketing across all price points from daily driver to luxury cars, the only people buying jap crap these days are incel weebs, new car sales its either hyundai/kia/genesis or some of the german brands, or for trucks ford/chevy/ram

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anon...
      Toyota is the largest car manufacturer ever.
      They could take over the entire industry if they wanted to.
      Also
      >J.D. Power
      How can you be this naive?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I think the point is, yes, during the Rodney King riots, Hyundai was a joke.

But today Hyundai and Kia are competitive and other makers should compete. Every year I see more and more Korean makes and fewer domestic makes on the road.

I have no loyalties to Ford, GM and the other because they have none to me.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does the warranty cover busted windows for when urban youths try to steal it?

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People dont trust korean cars so they need an incentive to move away from a japanese manufacturer

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't all manufacturers offer a 10 year warranty when they claim that their cars are reliable and can last for 200k miles with proper maintenance?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The truth is that no other car companies can back it up other than Hyundai/Kia, they would all go bankrupt, keep in mind Hyundai is part of a much larger conglomerate that makes the most advanced weapons systems in the world such as the K2 black panther (only 4th gen main battle tank) and K9 thunder (most advanced self propelled howitzer with 90% of all 155mm sales globally in the past decade+), SK is literally arming most of NATO, Middle East and even have key development/production relationships with the US military, that they share technologies where appropriate

For the commercial autos add that they hire the best talent to include r&d in the world, many often from the US and Western Europe, and its a formally for continued success, there's a reason why Hyundai/Kia is mogging all other auto companies with the only potential competitor being Chinese autos that target a price point at a fraction of the price but these will never be allowed to be sold in the US market

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Also keep in mind that the only developed countries that US has free trade agreements with is South Korea, Canada, Australia and Israel

The two countries that will NEVER be given free trade agreement status are China and Japan

Interestingly, SK has free trade agreements with the EU, China, ASEAN, Australia, India, most of South America and Gulf Cooperation Council (only country in the world with this status), countries globally trust South Korea, China/Japan not so much

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The truth is that no other car companies can back it up other than Hyundai/Kia
        If they honored their bullshit 10 year warranty, two (2) things would happen.
        1) There would be a noticeable amount of 10 year old hyundais on the road. Not 3 year old hyundais with such shitty paint that they look 10 years old, but hyundais actually running 10 years after being built. Think of Toyota and Honda and how many of those on the road are 10-30 years old.
        2) Hyundai would finally bankrupt South Korea because how expensive it would be to keep those shitboxes on the road for 10 years.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> poorgay detected

Clearly a brownie brokeass manlet exposed, who the frick keeps a car more than 2 years let alone 10 years? EVERYONE with an iq over say 100 can afford a new $30k to $100k car every year or so, the only jap crap I see on the roads here is literally the toilet cleaners that can't even afford a chink car, face it homosexual you should simply have a nice day, your deceased parents would finally approve

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'm trying very hard
            You're doing the best that you can. Nobody can ask for more.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>LOL BROWNIE CANT AFFORD NEW CHINKSHIT CAR LIKE ME
            at this point I’d rather be brown then a cucked cumskin dicklet

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If they didn't honor their warranty you would have actual lawsuits where the car owners won in court and people would have proof of Hyundai/Kia not honoring their warranty instead of baseless speculation.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>baseless speculation
            I guess search engines don't work in your country.
            Mary O’Riordan, v. Hyundai Motor America:
            >The plaintiff says she visited the dealership in June 2021 and twice asked for the wheels to be repaired under warranty. But both times the dealer allegedly denied her requests even though the Veloster was still within the 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle warranty.
            Bailey Bennion v. Hyundai Motor
            >The Vehicle Safety Defect Attorneys of McCune Law Group, McCune Wright Arevalo Vercoski Kusel Weck Brandt, APC, (MLG) have filed a class action lawsuit against Hyundai for alleged consumer fraud and breach of warranty claims relating to a defect in the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) assembly parts of multiple Hyundai vehicles.
            Their refusal for warranty coverage is so widespread that the complaints are now becoming class action lawsuits.
            If you make a feeble attempt to actually look this shit up yourself, you'll see these. But you'll have to wade through pages of results about how crappy their engines are.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You want something that will actually last 10 years.
    You don't like ipad mobiles.
    You desire an actually cool or fun car, so want to spend as little as possible on a used beater dd.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I plan to keep my car til the tires fall off, 12 years and 210k miles on my first brand new Honda Accord with a CVT and it still won't die.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *