Brazilian Dodge Charger?

Am I crazy if I want to import one of these things? Anyone got experience with them? Looks like a compact version of a normal Charger and I had no clue Brazil had own Dodge Charger model that is so different.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

trust 3rd world monkeys at your own peril. If it shows up and it's a busted piece of shit it's your own fault for buying a car off people who don't even wash their hands after taking a shit.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bad idea. It's just a Dodge Dart with a different front. However it was designed to run on gasoline with ethanol. This may be problematic.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not if you live in a state with forced ethanol, that's not a huge problem. It can easily be made to run on E0 again. Those 318s are bulletproof too. If you really wanted you could swap a US 318 into it that's never touched ethanol.

Also it's not "just" a Dodge Dart with a different front, they actually were allowed to change the sheet metal and gave it flying buttress C pillars like the US Chargers so you'd be SOL if the rear glass very gets damaged or breaks.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Rear glass still looks same. It's just that they added these longer 'Charger' C-pillar fins.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh, good catch. Been awhile since I've seen a Dart from those years because I own Plymouths. If that's these then it could be a decent buy.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they are us charger prices,
    they are based on dart and have 318 v8.
    they exist because brazil had extrimly high import taxes.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The real pro move here would be
      >Buy a Brazilian Dodge Charger with the detuned Ethanol 318
      >Acquire one of those Mexican 318s they had in the Plymouth Valiant Super Bees that make 270hp factory (or buy an American 318 and build one) using a 340 intake manifold, 340 heads, 340 cam, and a Thermoquad carb from a 1970 Duster and dual exhaust
      >Pull the Brazilian 318 and replace it with a Mexican 318 (or US 318/US 318 built up like a Mexican 318)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

just get a 360 magnum from the junkyard

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>230 HP truck engine
          As much as a stock 318 from the first years of production and can't rev as high

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

have fun building your 318 :^)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

just get a 360 magnum from the junkyard

Why do literally any of these things when you can still find motorhome 440s out there, they even come with forged cranks

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There are a ton more LAs and magnums. big blocks cost more to build, and you gotta do some cutting on the A bodies. Also, it becomes a little nose heavy.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based big block Chad. At least they're easy to fit in a Dart... As long as you don't mind parting with Power Steering and Power Brakes.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I didn't even know Brazil had their own Dodge Charger. Is there any reason why? Also why is it so different?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-rare-1973-dodge-charger-r-t-is-an-undercover-dart-built-in-brazil-213483.html

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sounds cool. Compact muscle cars can be fun to drive compared to the larger ones. Pic: 1969 Dodge Dart GTS 440

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dart is funny because it's like you said - compact muscle. Too big for pony car but too compact for muscle.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Too big for a pony car
        huh?
        >1967-1969 Dodge Dart
        >110 inch wheelbase
        >o/a length 195.4 inches

>1967-1969 Plymouth Barracuda
        >108 inch wheelbase
        >o/a length 192.8 inches

>1969-1970 Ford Mustang
        >108 inch wheelbase
        >o/a length 187.4 inches

>1967-1969 Chevrolet Camaro
        >108 inch wheelbase
        >o/a length 184.7-186 inches

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

literally proved his point. dart is the biggest of them, closer to 200inch while the rest is about 190inch
          i think its similar case as with dodge challenger. some say its too large and luxurious for pony car but not as big as proper muscles

they are like compact muscle or oversize pony. something in the middle

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The third gen 'Cuda and first gen Challenger were Xbox huge because they basically took a B-Body chassis and shortened it. Weirdly the chassis wasn't the same or shared between Plymouth and Dodge as Challenger had a 110 inch wheelbase (191.3 inch o/a length), and the 'Cuda had a 108 inch wheelbase (186.7 inch o/a length).

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not as big as proper muscles
            According to some. I think factoring size into whether a muscle car is a muscle car is stupid. Saying a Boss Mustang wasn't a muscle car because it was too small smells like cope to me.

Also no one says that the E-Bodies weren't muscle cars. Not a single person on earth. If anything they're one of the quintessential muscle cars, arguably even more than the original GTO.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The definition of pony car is murky, but by all metrics every single Aussie car would fall under that category

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

As far as I'm concerned the point of a "muscle car" was to provide a sports car that could be used as a daily. Four seats for friends and family, a trunk for your shit, and an engine that gave it a performance edge. That's what these cars were sold as and they were even called "sports cars" in the marketing materials.

The entire point of the pony-car segment was to create a car that was small enough to be cheap but had a little more room and lots more performance than a compact. They fit the bill of the above.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean, if we're going by marketing materials certain models (COPO 427 Camaros and a few others) were explicitly called "Supercars"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We're not going by marketing materials. We're going by the fact that "muscle cars" were specifically built to be "sports cars you can do things with" and were referred to as such for much of their history. This carries more meaning than "supercar" or "muscle car" in that historical context because "sports car" referred to a very specific thing, whereas "supercar" and "muscle car" ultimately did not until later and were used primarily as a marketing term rather than as a car class distinction. These cars weren't under the "supercars" section of sales brochures, they were under the "sports" section, since that was an actual classification of car.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be BR
    >can't buy any of this shit because it is all extremely expensive, it is also extremely expensive to maintain
    >the ones I can buy are all junk

I think the only I could have a good chance of buying is a Chevy Opala

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Am I crazy if I want to import one of these things?

Nah they're cool as frick

It's like an alternate reality American car.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wouldn't it be easier to buy a front bumper and put it on a dart

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Something tells me that front end isn't just bolt on

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

brazilian charger has different roof as well

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *